IGNORED

Korn Ferry Tour 773 Yard Par 5!

Geez. Even after a really good driver and a really good 3W, I’d still have probably a Bryson DeChambeau drive into the green. That’s one hole where I would NOT be too disappointed with a double bogey.

Edited by dagolfer18
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Not saying I would, but yea, I could.

At sea level it’s probably not happening.

• iacas changed the title to Korn Ferry Tour 773 Yard Par 5!

If you let me hit 773 yards in any direction, yeah. In a specific direction, prolly not...

• Like 1

At elevation, yes but it would take 3 really good swings in a row.

At sea level, possibly, if I could string together a great drive and two perfect 3-woods. But the chances of that are very slim. 

At sea level, it'd have to be more like a par 5! for me than a par 5.  Yes, I am making a factorial joke.

I have periodically made it to a 430 yard par-4 with driver, 4W (on one or two occasions, a hybrid second shot).  I think my longest 4W was 215 yards.  So... I'd have a wedge in for my fourth shot.  

I'm glad I accomplished the "no sixes" challenge before having to take on that hole! 

• Like 1

I would get there in 3 maybe a quarter of the time. I average 270 off the tee with driver, so I would need an above average driver and at least one really good 3 wood.

A lot of you guys are fooling yourselves if you think you would get there in 3. A 300 yard drive still leaves a 473 yard hole, which is a 3 shot par 5 for the vast majority of golfers. The altitude difference isn't as much as you think it is:

TT-FB-Share-Default-Image.png

If you've ever played golf on higher altitude courses like ones in Denver, Jackson Hole or Reno, you probably noticed that you were seeing some added distance to your game. ...

Add 6% to your current distance, and you'll have a rough estimate. 

For reference, the median PGA Tour player drives the ball 295 yards, which would be 313 yards at this course, with the 6% addition.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Nope.

Me neither. Crazy wind helping...maybe.

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Yes, I am making a factorial joke.

I am not familiar with that genre. I like insult comics, but I think those are now against the law.

It would be very close for me to get there in 3. 10% more distance and assuming some hard fairways. I here that there is a lot less hook or slice curve, so that helps. Looks like a fairly wide open hole.

9 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I am not familiar with that genre. I like insult comics, but I think those are now against the law.

It would be very close for me to get there in 3. 10% more distance and assuming some hard fairways. I here that there is a lot less hook or slice curve, so that helps. Looks like a fairly wide open hole.

Factorials are the product of it and all the positive integers less than it, and x factorial is written as x!.  So 3! = 3 * 2 * 1 = 6, 4! = 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 = 24, and 5! = 120.  So if it's a par 5! (note the placement of the ! in the original post), it's a par 120.  I might birdie it some day. 

• Thanks 1

I could get home with a ripped driver and two ripped 3 woods. A gentle helping  breeze would make me less daunted but anything other then perfectly struck shots and it’s not happening. Bout a one in fifteen chance I reckon.......maybe

And into the wind, even a zephyr, the forgettaboutit 

20 hours ago, Shindig said:

Factorials are the product of it and all the positive integers less than it, and x factorial is written as x!.  So 3! = 3 * 2 * 1 = 6, 4! = 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 = 24, and 5! = 120.  So if it's a par 5! (note the placement of the ! in the original post), it's a par 120.  I might birdie it some day. 

I am an engineer and I get it.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Shindig said:

0! = 1

• Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.