IGNORED

Golf Channel Cancels Feherty

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 1107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sad. I liked that show.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmorning-read-brightspo

David Feherty, a 5-time European Tour winner who achieved acclaim as a network TV analyst, says his show ends after 10 years

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well that sucks. I mean, admittedly I don’t watch much GC at all, but when I did, it often included Feherty. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

That's too bad. I liked the show when I watched it. On the other hand, I didn't watch it all that much. This describes a lot of Golf Channel's programming, haha. 

I feel like the show would have been better if it was just a few sessions a year with really high profile guys. I was not interested in most of the interviews he did, especially as the show aged. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

I agree. I didn’t care much about the interviews he did with politicians or athletes from other sports or whatever about golf, and it was clear he ran out of golfers he wanted to talk to much.

I don’t know. 150 shows was a lot, really.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

That's too bad. I liked the show when I watched it. On the other hand, I didn't watch it all that much. This describes a lot of Golf Channel's programming, haha. 

I feel like the show would have been better if it was just a few sessions a year with really high profile guys. I was not interested in most of the interviews he did, especially as the show aged. 

Doing this on an iPad without a mouse:

lee Trevino, Cheadle, Tom Watson, Charles Barkley, Johnny Miller, Rory McIlroy, Ian Poulter, Fluff & Bones, Darren Clark, Luke Donald, Greg Norman, Tony Romo, Sergio Garcia, Butch Harmon, Bill Russell, Michelle Wie, Bubba Watson, Ken Venturi, Annika Sorenstam, Gary McCord, Samuel L. Jackson, Roger Maltbie, Donald Trump, Chubby Chandler, Fuzzy Zoeller, Peter Alliss, John Daly, Jack Nicklaus, Lee Westwood, Jack Welch, Bill Casper, Sir Nick Faldo, Curtis Strange, Rocco Mediate, Stacy Lewis, Tom Lehman, Ben Crenshaw, Raymond Floyd, Larry David, Charlie Rose, Tom Weisopf, Padraig Harrington, Matt Kuchar, Sam Torrance, Lou Holtz, Zach Johnson, Doc Rivers, Jim Furyk, Al Michaels, Webb Simpson, Peter Jacobsen, Stockton, John Boehner, Nick Saban, George W. Bush, Paula Creamer, Bob Costas, Bob Uecker, Emmitt Smith, Paul McGinley, Cris Carter, Terry Bradshaw, Condoleeza Rice, Hale Irwin, Stephan Curry, Matt Lauer, Jackie Burke Jr, Darius Rucker, Horshel, Kisner & Perez, Rafa Cabrera Bello & Sergio Garcia, John Rahm & Larry Fitzgerald, Kevin Nealon, Brooks Koepka, Tony Finau, Paul Casey, John McEnroe, Bobby Knight, David Duval, Dave Stockton... might be more.

this man did a great service to golf. We will be watching these for years especially when we are all old geezers.

Edited by Carl3

Well bummer. guess he'll have more time to tour for live show's.
I went to his show when he was in St Lou and really enjoyed his stories.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

15 hours ago, iacas said:

I agree. I didn’t care much about the interviews he did with politicians or athletes from other sports or whatever about golf, and it was clear he ran out of golfers he wanted to talk to much.

I don’t know. 150 shows was a lot, really.

He had a good run.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

He had a good run.

I agree, 10 years is a good long time.  I noticed in the original press release that he wasn't "cancelled", just not renewed.  And his remarks don't make it sound like he's particularly upset.  I've enjoyed the shows, I like Feherty, but I'm not upset that he won't be making any more of his shows.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Odd... this isn't really "New" news. I recall seeing the last show a few months ago when it was noted that that was the last show. Why is it all of a sudden a "thing"? 

Maybe it's just a paperwork thing and it was released to make it "official"? IF all those who say they watched it all the time and loved the show, where were the posts about it months ago?

One of the few shows I watched on the GC. It seemed like it was a getting a little tired the past season or so but (as has been mentioned above) didn't really care for the non-golfer shows as much. Probably only so many interviews to go around? On a related note (or maybe a new topic), I've tried twice to watch "Golf Today". Wow. Awful.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RayG said:

Odd... this isn't really "New" news. I recall seeing the last show a few months ago when it was noted that that was the last show. Why is it all of a sudden a "thing"? 

Maybe it's just a paperwork thing and it was released to make it "official"? IF all those who say they watched it all the time and loved the show, where were the posts about it months ago?

I thought I remembered that too, but I think the plans were slightly different at the time.

I think he was going to be moving to a new place, or doing something differently formatted… something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow, didn't realize he got 150 shows in! Not bad. I have watched maybe 20. Will go back and watch at least a few more at some point. 

Vishal S.

I will also miss Feherty on the GC as I enjoyed his interviewing style splashed with a hint of comedy. 10 years and 150ish interviews is a great run. At some point, you just run out of people interesting enough to interview that will garner an audience. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

On 1/20/2021 at 1:06 PM, GolfLug said:

Wow, didn't realize he got 150 shows in! Not bad. I have watched maybe 20. Will go back and watch at least a few more at some point. 

If you can find it on demand, don't miss the episode with Tom Watson.

• Upvote 1

He had a great run, and some cracking interviews. but also some clunkers. It was probably a good thing for everyone, including Feherty, to move on.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Note: This thread is 1107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!