IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

nevets88

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah I don’t blame him. He probably just wants to enjoy watching it in his own comfort. 

I believe his accident would be almost as big of a topic as the tournament itself.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

35 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I believe his accident would be almost as big of a topic as the tournament itself.   

Well and honestly though I’m a huge Tiger fan…the wood-headed producers would probably cut away thinking we want to watch Tiger talk. I don’t. I want to watch the golf. 

• Like 2

I don't know anything about the ins and outs of San Diego local politics, jurisdiction and all that. I wonder who started associating La Jolla with the course.

Tie dye arm sleeves.

56 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well and honestly though I’m a huge Tiger fan…the wood-headed producers would probably cut away thinking we want to watch Tiger talk. I don’t. I want to watch the golf. 

And like you pointed out earlier, if I’m banged up (and even if I’m not!), I’d rather watch the action from the comforts of my own home… bed/couch/recliner, fridge, bathroom, etc. 

NBC wants a little ratings boost with Woods in the booth, but with social media, Woods can control the narrative of his recovery, at least social media is good for that kind of thing.

Great interview and perspective from Rahm today. Handled everything with class and very level headed. No link yet, but search it out later. 

15 hours ago, StuM said:

I know odds are against it.

Odds are against any single player.

Even in Woods in his prime, the odds were against him.

Phil peaked too early by winning the PGA.  /s

My brother looked up where the US Open was being played and his idiot phone told him Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I thought you’d want to watch Mike Davis talk instead. 

• Funny 1

33 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

My brother looked up where the US Open was being played and his idiot phone told him Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.

Tennis has usopen.org

Golf has usopen.com

Based on ICANN records, the USTA (or whomever) took usopen.org first, so golf had to go with usopen.com.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Tennis has usopen.org

Golf has usopen.com

Based on ICANN records, the USTA (or whomever) took usopen.org first, so golf had to go with usopen.com.

Yes.

The poor boy isn't a tennis fan. He asked me "who the hell is Billie Jean King."

Guess you had to be there.

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Yes.

The poor boy isn't a tennis fan. He asked me "who the hell is Billie Jean King."

Guess you had to be there.

For awhile there, I would do a search on "US Open" to get the leaderboard. I would get directed to the tennis site, while golf's US Open was being played. Bad search engine.

Edit: Also, Google wouldn't have much of a record of anything tennis in my search history, rarely looked up anything tennis.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, colin007 said:

I object to the "US" in the title of this thread.

Check the thread naming rules to see if you can, when the time is right, make the thread for the next major, the 2021 UKBOPBHMTQ&DDF at The Royal St George's Golf Club.

[please don't actually do that, as it will make searching for threads in the future harder.  Also I'm pretty sure the naming conventions would ask you to not do that, too]

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 9:38 PM, saevel25 said:

Some betting odds, Phil kind of down there. Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.38.11 PM.png

I don't know what you all are talking about.... Phil... come on?
Personally, I hope it comes down to Brooks and Bryson in the final pairing on Sunday. That's a must watch. 

• iacas changed the title to 2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines