IGNORED

2023 PGA Championship Thread

colin007

Let’s also keep in perspective that the majority of LiV players are irrelevant. I would say 99%. DJ didn’t compete. Phil knows Augusta. He followed that up with not competing. Cam Smith?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Let’s also keep in perspective that the majority of LiV players are irrelevant. I would say 99%. DJ didn’t compete. Phil knows Augusta. He followed that up with not competing. Cam Smith?

Truth be told 95% of all pro golfers are irrelevant, except when they go on a heater and win a tournament or two in a row.  Most of the PGA pros probably win under 5 big tournaments in their careers and winning a major is very difficult indeed.  So it is just the law of averages that LIV players being relevant in a major is a small number.  Look at this major and maybe 5 people in the entire field had a chance to realistically win it.  And you then see guys like Rory and Rahm were never really in with a chance so expecting many LIV players to compete is unrealistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You got some players that play well over years and win tournaments, but never manage to win a major. Then there’s Koepka with 18 professional wins, 9 on the PGA Tour and 5 of them majors.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Funny 3

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Yeah, dude, no.

If that was the case you’d be on Tour and winning things. Not a lot but you’d be out there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, dude, no.

If that was the case you’d be on Tour and winning things. Not a lot but you’d be out there.

And if I had a better mental game I'd be on the tour. 🤪

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Found this on Twitter, but reposting it here. Block's strokes gained in every PGA Tour/Major he's played. Not very good.

Fw8rqilXsAA-Lwn.jpg

No surprise the 2023 PGA Championship was his best performance in his career:

Capture.PNG

The strokes gained putting was fifth overall in the field. Looks like he's capable of getting very hot with that club.

But yea... world class everywhere but driving? Not so much. In his defense, believing crazy shit like that maybe helps mitigate the nerves you otherwise would feel in big time events. So I can't say I'm surprised he's thinking this way, even if it's totally wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Constantine

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

And if I had a better mental game I'd be on the tour. 🤪

Dude! It’s all about putting.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

57 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

And then he opened his mouth...

I respect Block's confidence, but yeah, kind of blunts a great story.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

And then he opened his mouth...

Open mouth, insert foot.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Too bad Bob didn’t politely inform him that a lot of tour players aren’t as long as Rory and they can destroy him out there. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Koepka is feared. Best  in golf right  now.

Who fears him?  I’m pretty sure most people think he’s whiny and weak after his Netflix showing.

If anything, BK fears a broken Tiger (2019 Masters) and 50 year old Mickelson (2021 PGA Championship).

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Who fears him?  I’m pretty sure most people think he’s whiny and weak after his Netflix showing.

If anything, BK fears a broken Tiger (2019 Masters) and 50 year old Mickelson (2021 PGA Championship).

He's won more majors than anyone else playing who isn't named Tiger or Phil.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Block going from being the humble guy to saying that is a Reed move. Disappointing. Dead last after Thursday, which I’m not terribly surprised by. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Ok, respected if you would prefer. Like, highly respected. He was right there at the Masters too. It doesn't matter how whiny or douchebagy he is, it's not a stretch to think there's bit of a phenomenon at work here with this guy and majors. And he probably is dumb enough to not understand how he does it himself. But it's uncanny. If I see him in the rear view mirror on a Sunday afternoon at one I would probably yip a 4-footer or two from just the thought of it. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.