IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Meh. Very expensive to maintain decent bunkers from what I hear. I could be in the minority here but for $25, I would be more than fine with light or no sand bunkers as rest of the course okay as you mentioned. 

It's probably not going to be $25. 😄 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

Uh yeah. Will likely be at least 3x that.

EagleSticks employs dynamic pricing for tee times. While we anticipate weekend morning rates to be around $84, specific rates cannot be published in advance.

Virtues will be $120 (unless they do some kind of group discount/rate). Looks like they do have an option of 36 holes and lunch for $170 too, but that might be a bit much in terms of cost and/or golf for some people.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 hours ago, iacas said:

No worries. Just waiting for the loan approval and we are good.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Uh yeah. Will likely be at least 3x that.

What?? Do out of staters not get a discount? 😋

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Looks like they do have an option of 36 holes and lunch for $170 too, but that might be a bit much in terms of cost and/or golf for some people.

I'll do it!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

FWIW, I’m pretty sure @GolfLug likes bunkers that have snakes in them. Preferably the venomous variety.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 1/16/2024 at 8:36 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

I'll do it!

Bring plenty of golf balls.  😉

The general location is acceptable at around 4 hours drive for me. I have a tentative conflict on that date but I could likely work around it. It is close enough to Buckeye Lake, where my spouse has some friends with a lake house. I might be able to drop her off or commute from there. Keep up the solid work, @StuM

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

On 1/16/2024 at 6:23 PM, klineka said:

Looks like they do have an option of 36 holes and lunch for $170 too, but that might be a bit much in terms of cost and/or golf for some people.

36 holes in 1 day could be hard for any trying to drive in & home the same day.

what do others think?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

38 minutes ago, StuM said:

what do others think?

I thought it was a stay and play package? It’s not 36 holes in the same day.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, StuM said:

what do others think?

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I thought it was a stay and play package? It’s not 36 holes in the same day.

2 different things here.

Virtues offers 36 holes in one day with lunch for $170.

And yes @StuM, I figured not everyone would be interested in 36 in a day at Virtues but just wanted to throw that option out there for people who wanted to get in as much golf as possible. Its about an hour drive for me so I'm most likely only going to play 18.

There is also a stay and play option where you stay in a house on property at Virtues and you get one night's lodging and one round at Virtues and one at Eagle Sticks. Unsure of pricing or availability of that for the weekend @StuM is targeting.

9 hours ago, klineka said:

2 different things here.

Virtues offers 36 holes in one day with lunch for $170.

Gotcha.

I probably won’t do 36 in one day. The tentative plan would be to drive in from Erie maybe on Saturday for a round, stay in Ohio overnight, play Sunday and drive back.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, billchao said:

I probably won’t do 36 in one day. The tentative plan would be to drive in from Erie maybe on Saturday for a round, stay in Ohio overnight, play Sunday and drive back.

Yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Central NY. 6 hours would be doable, but it would depend on my work schedule as well, I work at a golf course from April-October.  I may be able to take a couple days off, but it’d have to been like one Friday, Saturday, Sunday deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Guys, working to firm up our plans.  Below is what I have.  I will need to know who plans on doing both dates and also Hotels.  As of now I have 6 tee times for both Saturday & Sunday and the courses know that may change.

• Saturday June 1st
    • Eaglesticks Golf Club
    • 2655 Maysville Pike
    • Zanesville, OH 43701
    • Tee Times beginning at 10:15am
      • This may be able to move to starting at Noon which would give more time for those driving that morning but also make it a later day for those driving home that day
    • They will provide an area for us to meet, eat & drink after the round
      • Foo & Drink available to order at your expense.
  • Sunday June 2nd
    • Virtues Golf Club
    • One Long Dr.
    • Nashport, OH 43830
    • Tee Times beginning at 8am
  • For those spending the night:
    • Hampton Inn near the Virtues
    • I need to get the correct address and will post.

For those playing ONLY on Saturday: $75 for the round which includes the cart.

For those playing both days & staying in the hotel: $239 per person - This price assumes Double Occupancy in the room for 2 golfers.  If you want an individual room for yourself to to stay alone or with a non-golfer that will need to be worked out.  For those staying in the hotel they a breakfast.  The $239 includes both rounds of golf, the hotel (Double occupancy) and taxes.

If you want to golf both days but NOT have a hotel (or book your own hotel), I will need to get the Virtues cost (sorry, I forgot to ask that)

I have time to finalize numbers (I need to confirm with them on May 15th).  At this time, please add your name to the tags below if interested and also answer the following questions:

• Will  you golf Only on Sat. June 1 or both Sat & Sunday?
  • Will you need a hotel the night of Sat. June 1st and if so:
    • will you share with another golfer or do you need a private room?
    • Will a spouse or non-golfer join you?
  • Is 10:15 start time OK or should we move back to noon on Saturday?

Thanks & looking forward to a fun weekend.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @ChetlovesMer
  5. @jsgolfer
  6. @billchao
  7. @GolfLug
  8. @boogielicious
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Carl3
  11. @klineka
  12. @saevel25
  13. @snapfade
  14. @CarlSpackler
  15. @paperclip
  16. @woodzie264
  17. @vasaribm
  18. @cedrictheo
  19. @Chris Brooks
  20. @David L Yskes

Additional tags:

@Hardspoon @BradSomrak @rwolfe @brockman21 @Greenshirt100 @Old1964 @onthehunt526

Edited by iacas
fixed dates
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Hey guys, I made an error and I'm working on fixing it.  Dates above may change....SORRY.  I'll reconfirm as soon as possible

Stuart M.

(edited)

My gps says 4 hours from Ann Arbor. If I am one of the later tee times, that would work. I could be there at 9:45 for a 10:15 tee off but that is not ideal. Conclusion: if there are 8-12 players will to be in the first 2 tee times, selfishly that is fine with me. Right now I plan on staying the night and playing Sunday.

Let me know what the different dates might be. Stay away from Father's Day.  😉

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

My plan is to drive into Ohio on Friday, so I'll be staying in the area both Friday and Saturday night. I could do their stay and play package but I'd still have to find my own accommodations for Friday night, so in all likelihood I might just find a hotel to stay at for both nights. I'm not 100% sure ATM.

Lets try to finalize some dates and then we can get concrete plans.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Hey guys, I made an error and I'm working on fixing it.  Dates above may change....SORRY.  I'll reconfirm as soon as possible

Don't plan it just around me, but the June 7,8,9 weekend doesn't work for me.

I had thought it was supposed to be the prior weekend 31,1,2 which I can do.