IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine is relatively current but only played a few rounds in the last month due to being pretty busy with work. It is still official but will inevitably go up a few points once I get back to playing regularly until that rust is knocked off.

Shawn Foley

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After a big drop on the July 15 revision, the number ticked down .2 on this one.

I managed to post five rounds in July and they all got used. I still think my HI is a bit too high for my club championship, but I gave it a good effort.

On 7/15/2017 at 2:46 PM, DaveP043 said:

One good weekend, one poor one, down again to 3.3.  And 73 this morning :dance:

Now to 2.4, this is getting ridiculous.  I've had a little more trouble recently, mixed with some good rounds, I have a feeling I'll level off or rebound a bit.  But who knows?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Jumped up to 12.5 this time around as I've been stuck in the high 80's for a little while now.  

Working hard to ingrain some tough swing improvements, but have struggled to "just play" when I'm out on the course...recent rounds feel like a constant grind from the first tee shot.  My misses have changed from off-the-Earth slices to hooks/straight blocks, which tells me I'm getting a little closer but still not there yet.  

- Bill

I dropped down a bit. I am shooting low 90s high 80s. 

I was rewarded by the computer for moving back one set of tees. That's where we play for Men's Club, so not really my choice.. But I feel like I'm just trying to survive out there and it's actually not very fun. 

The 68 in the last club tourney dropped me from a 1.2 to a 0.7.  First time under 1.0 in a while.

• Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

On 7/16/2017 at 9:58 PM, Valleygolfer said:

Continue to play in the low eighties, 8.7 this revision.

Down to 7.5 even though I have not been playing to it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Now to 2.4, this is getting ridiculous.  I've had a little more trouble recently, mixed with some good rounds, I have a feeling I'll level off or rebound a bit.  But who knows?

25 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

The 68 in the last club tourney dropped me from a 1.2 to a 0.7.  First time under 1.0 in a while.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

30 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Down to 7.5 even though I have not been playing to it.

If you're "down", your actually playing better.  

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

If you're "down", your actually playing better.  

True.  More accurately, I was playing better. Last two rounds, not so much.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Up to 15.0 now, as both of my best differentials are gone. Trending upwards, long game just isn't there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

"The devil is in the details".  Trending downwards from around a 22, currently a 19.6. Goes down rapidly at first as the outlier scores are moved off the grid. My current lows   are now a 12.0 but that is only a couple of differentials. It will be more difficult to maintain but as soon as one or two high nineties are pushed off/replaced it should go down even more. Last few rounds promising as they are below 90 and only one away from breaking 80. Should I play a course with higher ratings, it will be even more difficult to maintain, but then again, that is the whole idea of calculating course handicaps. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Down to 3.8

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Still at a 3.0, but I need a few good scores or I am jumping up to a 3.6. My yo-yo type play is about to show it's self in my handicap.  :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread.   I haven't been playing as much this year, but still playing some!  Down to 2.2 so far....   Score ranges are wide....it either goes really good or bad..LOL

Not a whole lot of consistency. 

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, DaveP043 said:

More ridiculous every month.  1.8, lowest ever.

Dave

29 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

More ridiculous every month.  1.8, lowest ever.

We're going to enjoy all those strokes you have to give us at the Newport Cup!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 1172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!