IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

11 hours ago, colin007 said:

Deliberate and careful indifference? Lol that sounds like lawyer-speak.

Lol, gonna super temper the expectations.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know much about golf swings, but that swing looks pretty stiff to me. Not that that's not to be expected, but I'm not sure what the excitement is.

And I want my boy Tiger coming back and all. I'm just a little tired by the whole roller coaster that's been the last few years.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Like 1

Steve

Let's just hope Tiger doesn't try to come back at Torrey again- that course is too hard and it's too cold there in the mornings for his 150 year old back. I would love for him to wait until the Florida swing...maybe a comeback at Bay Hill to help re-elevate that tournament in honor of Arnie?

3 hours ago, skydog said:

Let's just hope Tiger doesn't try to come back at Torrey again- that course is too hard and it's too cold there in the mornings for his 150 year old back. I would love for him to wait until the Florida swing...maybe a comeback at Bay Hill to help re-elevate that tournament in honor of Arnie?

I agree, avoiding Torrey sounds like a good idea. If what I have seen on Twitter is accurate, it sounds like he is not easing into anything lol, I've read from twspot's twitter that he has been at Medalist almost every day this week playing holes and spending time at the range. If he's ready to play by  Hero I think that's a good spot for him, but as we all do I really just hope he takes his time and doesn't do anything too soon. Only he/his medical team know what "too soon" could be.

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

I don't know if the course matters, but one where he doesn't feel the need to throw out 350 yard drives might help. Either way it's the mentality of competing and state of his overall health that will determine it. In previous returns, he's gone for so long until injured again, and I don't know if the course or how he plays matters to mucn.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Ho hum. :-P

At least he seems less self-conscious about his calves.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am very very excited. :-D:-D:-D

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Also the return of the twirl. Tour Sauce, 3/10 - slow motion.

Steve

Is it just me or does his swing already look better than it did when he played last year? 

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

It’s probably because he is relaxed and not playing for anything. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

swing looking good.  And it just dawned on me that his logo is reminiscent of another W brand (apologies if already posted elsewhere)

weinstein-e1404772631535.jpg.33c000a6ec693664ebfcde412f4bee58.jpg:

Edited by wannabe

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

So, what are you guys thinking?

Hero Challenge? Torrey? Waste Mgmt? Florida? Augusta?
Personally I'll believe it when I see it (or read about it), but he isn't dropping those tweets for nothing

Players play, tough players win!

really hope his back holds out this time as, despite all the bad stuff he's been through (even if self inflicted), i think golf has missed him to a certain extent.

Maybe he should make his return on one of the Web.com events or even an smaller one (Tiger Woods on the Hooters tour :-P). After the layoff he's had the less pressure he the better.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

So, what are you guys thinking?

Hero Challenge? Torrey? Waste Mgmt? Florida? Augusta?
Personally I'll believe it when I see it (or read about it), but he isn't dropping those tweets for nothing

Yep, assuming he doesn't have any setbacks between now and then my money would be on Hero.