IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First GameGolf round in a while. I was really struggling with my irons, swing felt terrible. Then yesterday after a round of 72 (how I shot 72 hitting the ball as poorly as I did is a miracle) I was down on the range trying to figure things out when our club pro drives by. He has helped me in the past with my wedges, so he told me to hit a few balls. I take one swing and he notices my posture is way out of whack. I am bending over way too much. He straightens me up has me stand taller and voilà my ball striking improves immediately.

I came out today and besides one bad swing on #11, I have the best ball striking round I have had since I can remember. Hit 14 greens and only missed two others by a couple of feet. Hit a couple crazy tee balls on the front and on 11, but I think I got that figured out and hit the driver really well the rest of the way around. Made 4 birdies in a row and lipped out birdie on the next two holes. Golf is a lot of fun when you hit it like that. 

2612858_vkU1HSkX.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2614271_zJuPSNTe.png

Have to get rid of these god damn double bogeys.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Somehow 1.99 strokes gained putting over nine holes. 😛

2614550_a9nyNMK5.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2615972_AEv8l58A.png

Played a round with @Carl3 at his home course today. 

Not great, but not terrible either.

Short game was bad (multiple double chips and missed greens from inside 50 yds) and made a couple mental errors hitting hesitant drivers instead of just hitting a long iron that lead to penalty strokes and 3 straight doubles on the back 9.

Lost at least 4-5 strokes from not getting on the green with my first chips/pitches when I was within 25 yds of the green.

Highlight of the day was definitely my mid/long irons, and I hit the flagstick in the air with my tee shot on 8.

Getting really confident with my 3 iron off the tee, all of them were 200-220 and in play with slight fades.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I snuck in 6 holes yesterday. My swing continues to feel like an unfolding lawn chair (whatever that really means). The first hole was a NIGHTMARE!

image.png

- Shane

2617545_qQhybQ0B.png

Went for a nice ride around the park today. The weather was perfect.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2617579_XLWDicLh.png

78 in a tournament with 5 birdies and an 8. Only had 5 GIR, but had 9 nGIR.

Really solid round overall, probably was the best putting day I've ever had, gained 2.27 strokes over a scratch golfer.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

My wife went to see Rob Lowe who was in town doing a show, so I dropped her off and went to Community Golf Course to get 9 in. It worked out well. They had just finished up when I got back. I played much better today. First off, this is a much easier course that I call "the confidence builder", but the course is in MUCH better shape than the goat track that I call my home course. Call me crazy, but it just feels better playing on grass instead of weeds. Finally, I put the senior flex shaft back in my driver, and I'm hitting it better and further. I could (should) have been under par. Hole #8 in particular, I was NGIR in 2 and took a par. I barley missed birdie putts on 8 and 9. Short game is definitely better than it has been.

2618109_MlhlHDKk.png

image.png

image.png

- Shane

2619171_T0118GKQ.png

My round yesterday. 7th straight round under 100 which is nice. Handicap should drop again on the 15th (albeit very little). Check out that almost 400 yard drive on 12! Hit a nice draw that apparently caught the cart path and rolled forever haha! Unfortunately, I 3 putted the hole for a bogey 😞. The back nice here always kills me and I start to get the shanks toward the end of the round. I was +2 for Bogey golf with two holes to play and the final two holes are killers and took me down. 8 Penalty strokes with Irons! 😞 😞 and 11 total for the round. The only saving grace was a good driving day and the best putting performance I have ever had! I gained strokes on a scratch golfer! 

• Like 1

I started out MUCH better today. Fairway, GIR, Par x4. Not sure what happened after that. After hitting the FW on 5, I pushed a shot into the bunker and it rattled my confidence. Putting was much better tonight. driving into the lake on #9 is never good.

2620082_FaPGZh4X.png

- Shane

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42/round/2621470?hole_id=45247559

First round I want to post this year after about 5 weeks into the season and I would say I shot my best round ever. Was really tempted to keep going after 9 but I still had stuff to do today  I like comparing myself to a 15 HI as thats my goal for reaching this year (20.2 HI on Golf Canada, 16.5 on GameGolf) and this was the 1st round I ever shot scratch off the tee for 9 holes. Whats awesome is that even included a topped tee shot on the first hole as my eyes still weren't adjusted to the contact by the time I walked up to the first tee. (This year Im trying going glasses-less during rounds to see how I like it) 2nd shot after the topped tee shot was a topped 4iron so I might need to adjust my contacts routine.

This might sound crazy but literally a grip change resulted in straighter drives. I was feeling the club twisting in the backswing for a few weeks now and no matter how hard I gripped it, I was losing the handle by the time it reached the top of the backswing. Looked into my grips again as I recently changed it a few months ago and just realized now I bought the W5-standard size of Winn grip. Bought the midsize W6 grip and instantly imrpoved my recognition of the clubface and it was no longer twisting. Kicking myself for not realizing the problem sooner.

I'm also really enjoying my vow to not keep score during a round, which is a tip I heard on the Fried Egg podcast.

image.thumb.png.264233a8fba646c7016be172312cae08.png

image.thumb.png.4f755be80ab6466df733e01c9707b7f5.png

image.png

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, NM Golf said:

Golf is a lot of fun when you hit it like that. 

yeah.  So I've heard. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

2624981_kncoOCxu.png

Played a round with @jamo, @boogielicious, and @nevets88. Great course, conditions were perfect, and the weather was great.

Had a few miscues, but I'm starting to see the game turn the corner. Lost 5 balls and still shot 88. Driving issues, as usual. Approach game was on point today. Short game was not, so it was a good thing I didn't need it too much. Had a couple of three putts, but otherwise put in a good putting day, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yesterday's round.  Great greens at this course, but I putted horribly.   Still happy with how I played considering which tees we were using.

2625080_gsTrHAME.png

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Such a weird round:

2626160_x3a2IGUq.png

I had 8 pars (good for me), and the most GIR I've ever hit (56%):

image.png

...and still ended up with a roughly average score.  I had about 5-10 short game shots and putts that were so terrible they probably cost me a stroke each (pitch shots that went 1 yard, a putt off the green, etc.)

I played a stretch of 5 holes in one-over-par...with four pars and a quintuple bogey.  Oops.

• Thumbs Up 1

- John

Here is my round with the NE Mods at The Links at Union Vale. Although the score doesn't indicate it, I played pretty well. Driver was really good except for 9 and I actually hit a personal best drive of ~266 (although GG say 271). The tee was right at the yardage marker my drive was right on the 150, so 416-150=266. Putted OK with highs, like the 40 footer on 1, and lows, a couple of three putts. Need to work on par 3 tee shots. I was 1/4 on those. I also had 3 bad mishits, 2 with 3H and one 9 iron. I'm missing a shot on GG somewhere. I had to edit the round a lot after because I missed tagging a few times.

Beautiful course and thanks to @nevets88 for finding it. Now that I've seen it, there are a few strategy changes I would make, like the first par 5 on the back (no driver off the tee next time). Avoid fescue whenever possible. Playing with long hitters is fun and humbling. My massive drive on 15 was still 30-40 yards behind @jamo Bill and Jamieson routinely hit is 50+ yards farther than Steve and me, LOL.

And now the funny stuff:

• the nasty bug that chased me on two holes and didn't seem to care about the other guys! What did I do to piss you off??
  • My drive on 17 ended up right next to the sprinklers that were on for some frickin' reason! I had a great lie and didn't want to move it, so I tried to 'time' it. Mistake. :-P
  • @billchao running commentary on the slow players ahead of us
2624220_GvU1MS2e.png

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/10/2019 at 8:43 AM, boogielicious said:

Here is my round with the NE Mods at The Links at Union Vale. Although the score doesn't indicate it, I played pretty well. Driver was really good except for 9 and I actually hit a personal best drive of ~266 (although GG say 271). The tee was right at the yardage marker my drive was right on the 150, so 416-150=266. Putted OK with highs, like the 40 footer on 1, and lows, a couple of three putts. Need to work on par 3 tee shots. I was 1/4 on those. I also had 3 bad mishits, 2 with 3H and one 9 iron. I'm missing a shot on GG somewhere. I had to edit the round a lot after because I missed tagging a few times.

Beautiful course and thanks to @nevets88 for finding it. Now that I've seen it, there are a few strategy changes I would make, like the first par 5 on the back (no driver off the tee next time). Avoid fescue whenever possible. Playing with long hitters is fun and humbling. My massive drive on 15 was still 30-40 yards behind @jamo Bill and Jamieson routinely hit is 50+ yards farther than Steve and me, LOL.

And now the funny stuff:

• the nasty bug that chased me on two holes and didn't seem to care about the other guys! What did I do to piss you off??
  • My drive on 17 ended up right next to the sprinklers that were on for some frickin' reason! I had a great lie and didn't want to move it, so I tried to 'time' it. Mistake. :-P
  • @billchao running commentary on the slow players ahead of us
2624220_GvU1MS2e.png

Monster LW on the 5th hole, Scott 😜

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Not the bet ball striking round, nor the best putting round either. A couple of pulled approach shots on #2 and #3 cost me big time and got me in a hole early. Managed to get it together somewhat for a 1 over 73. What saved me was my driving. Kept it in play for the most part only got it way off line once.

2632877_nAo9akNP.png

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!