IGNORED

I hate it when...

Aguirre
Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

... I have too many swing thoughts in my head DURING the swing & it all breaks down & goes bad

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This was said in many times in various threads.   But I will say it again ... it just happened in my round today.

I hate it when a group behind hits into green while we are still in and around green.   Today, a guy hits into our green one of us was still putting the pin back in the hole.  A few holes later, while we were walking away from the green, a guy hits his shot and completely misses the shot to the left of green about 10 feet from us.   WTF?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1. Putts lip out

2. You leave a putt an inch or two short

3. You tell yourself to aim left or right because of a hazard or something and you still end up hitting it the way you specifically told yourself not to

Prolly my top 3 but could always keep going

Im pretty tolerant on the course....having said that....respect the course. Fix your divots and ball marks. And keep the temper tantrums to a minimum. And i can live with people playing a little slow. But i played with someone recently that took it to a whole new level. Constantly take 3-4 practice swings...back off, more practice swings, then back off again, more practice swings then finally hit. I actually clocked him at just under 4 minutes to putt once. He had about a 50 footer and actually walked all the way around the green twice while it was his turn....

This was said in many times in various threads.   But I will say it again ... it just happened in my round today.

I hate it when a group behind hits into green while we are still in and around green.   Today, a guy hits into our green one of us was still putting the pin back in the hole.  A few holes later, while we were walking away from the green, a guy hits his shot and completely misses the shot to the left of green about 10 feet from us.   WTF?

The first time it happens I'll let it slide as an accident.  The second time it happens, their ball either gets hit back at them, hit out of bounds, or hit into the nearest water hazard.  If it happens a third time, I'm on the phone to the clubhouse to get a marshal out there and we're going back to have a little chat with them.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

" In love with the line".

That's what happens when you see the path of the ball perfectly from the mark into the hole.  You know deep in your heart that very line is the only one. Then the stroke puts the ball perfectly onto the perfect line, but stops only 2/3 the way to the cup.  Maddening.

Im pretty tolerant on the course....having said that....respect the course. Fix your divots and ball marks. And keep the temper tantrums to a minimum.

And i can live with people playing a little slow. But i played with someone recently that took it to a whole new level. Constantly take 3-4 practice swings...back off, more practice swings, then back off again, more practice swings then finally hit. I actually clocked him at just under 4 minutes to putt once. He had about a 50 footer and actually walked all the way around the green twice while it was his turn....

Oh my, I could never play with someone like that. When I say never, I mean NEVER!

I dislike so many things that occur during golf that I just put them away ... or it will affect my game negatively ... and I hate that.  :-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Watching the group in front of you hit one ball,  drive to the next ball (6 ft away),  guy gets out, finishes his story, eventually chooses a club, takes a few practice swings, and finally hits the ball.  Then drive to the next ball...

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Pretty much anything that contributes to slow play. Was stuck behind a foursome of walkers with pushcarts and they all walked together in a little clump, watching and waiting for each guy hit his shot instead of walking off to their own ball. Had to force my way through after being them for a couple of holes.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I hate getting stuck in a cart with a smoker, part of the reason I like golf is I like the outdoors and fresh air not you nasty cigarettes! I hate unsolicited swing advice, not just on the course but anywhere. I leave all my swing tips to my instructor.

Too many to list....

I have seen quite a few of them listed already and don't want to add redundancy to the thread so lets just say I agree with everything so far. The really frustrating part of all this is short of kicking people off the course what can be done? One thing my home course has decided to implement is a no tolerance stance on outside alcohol on the course, it used to be as marshals we would just ask for it and put it in the cooler at the clubhouse and they can pick it up after the round now it's ejection from the course.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I hate it when randoms give me encouragement after a string of bad shots.  I'm an adult.  A bad golfer, but an adult.  I don't need your encouragement.  Who knows, this could be the round of my life and here you are insinuating that I play like crap.

I hate it when that same person talks me up (and themselves down) by commenting how well I have been doing on some aspect of my game that day.  Good day driving the ball for example, "I know you're gonna out drive me on this one, he he he."

Basically, I don't want any comments on my game unless it's "nice shot".  I thought this was an understood life etiquette rule.  The same reason I hate having visible tattoos, please don't make unsolicited comments towards me.  Say I hit a good shot or you like my tattoos, that's it.  If I want to continue the conversation about either it's up to me.  Don't make comments, help me, or ask questions like it's any of your business.

When I say, "I'm going to take a few practice swings with my 3W and if it doesn't feel good, I'm going to use driver on this hole," and then I proceed to take a few practice swings, they don't feel good and I use the 3W anyway.

It never works out when I am stubborn like that and on this particular occasion I top the ball and it went 112 yards leaving me a long second shot and putting up double bogey.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I "hate" it when I play with people who are in a poor mood all day and make sure you know it. I say "hate", but it's sill golf so it's really not bad. That could go for many of these things probably.

Playing with somebody who you really like as a person, but who thinks that one of the main pleasures of an afternoon on the course is to come back with more balls than you started out with. I played with one guy in a foursome who basically stopped playing and started looking for balls, that was fine, he didn't slow anybody down. It's when somebody combines playing with hunting for balls, holding play whenever his ball is anywhere near where where he might find a ball, somebody who can never give up on a lost ball even though, when he finds it in the woods, he is just going to throw it on the fairway anyway ...

Grrrr...

I will never pick up a ball on a course either unless I am 100% certain it is long lost and I found it during the minute I allow to look for my ball.  Nothing I hate like knowing my ball was clearly findable and never finding it when there is a group of players in the area where it hit, especially teenagers.  I have no idea whether they picked it up, but I am never going to be the person who picked up somebody's ball that is still in play, even it came over the trees from another hole, whatever.

Other than that, my round yesterday was great fun!

Playing with somebody who you really like as a person, but who thinks that one of the main pleasures of an afternoon on the course is to come back with more balls than you started out with. I played with one guy in a foursome who basically stopped playing and started looking for balls, that was fine, he didn't slow anybody down. It's when somebody combines playing with hunting for balls, holding play whenever his ball is anywhere near where where he might find a ball, somebody who can never give up on a lost ball even though, when he finds it in the woods, he is just going to throw it on the fairway anyway...

Grrrr...

I will never pick up a ball on a course either unless I am 100% certain it is long lost and I found it during the minute I allow to look for my ball.  Nothing I hate like knowing my ball was clearly findable and never finding it when there is a group of players in the area where it hit, especially teenagers.  I have no idea whether they picked it up, but I am never going to be the person who picked up somebody's ball that is still in play, even it came over the trees from another hole, whatever.

Other than that, my round yesterday was great fun!

Hey, you're in northern VT?  Whereabouts?  My gf is from Highgate.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!