IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 77 on Sunday. Only get to play once a week now and my short game was AWFUL. We had the club championship this past week-end and the greens were the best they have been in a while (11 on Stimp). I couldn't get a putt close to the hole or a chip/pitch inside of 10 feet.  I am always amazed at how quickly I can loose all touch/feel when I don't play that often. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Frost on the greens this morning so we did not start until almost 10AM. Only played nine holes and shot 41 with a double on a par four that I was just 20 yards off the green in two. I had dumped my second shot into a deep bunker underneath the lip. Got it out but no very far and flubbed my next shot and ended up making a big fat six. Terrible hole for me. Just poor management on my part. 

Finaly made out on our local course today. Dry conditions have returned. Weather was decent although a little on the cool side. 

Coursecwas in better condition than I anticipated. Some rain guages were showing as much as 8" inches of rain during the 48 hour storm. Our normal,  yearly rain fall amount is just under 5" inches. 

Shot a "9&9" for an 81. That would be 9 pars, and 9 bogey 1s. (41/40). 

Putted well with 30. Made every putt I thought I should've made.

Just a nice consistent, hole, by hole round of golf. 

Felt good to be home. Going to get ready for next week's holiday. There's a senior league tourney scheduled for Wednesday. I now qualify as a "Super Senior". I will be one of seven in that division. As TW once said; "I like my chances".....lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

After Monday's 78, shot 80 on Wednesday, 77 on Thursday, and 80 yesterday. Just good, consistent, golf.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I must be in a rut. After the 80 on Friday, I shot a 77 on Saturday, and another 77 today. Going into the last 5 holes even par, a double, bogey, bogey, bogey finish killed me. Just can't seem to close.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Rough round yesterday with a 94. My 80% reliable draw shot shape turned into fade or in some instances a push fade which threw me off a little, but was hardly the reason for poor score. Being tired from a lingering cold and under the influence of cold meds didn't help. Bad short game and putting was where I lost strokes today.

Managed 8 GIR/nGIR on the front, and ended up with a 49 on the card. Three putted multiple times, and had several disastrous chips/pitches where the ball either went nowhere (duff), or flew too far leaving a long putt or another chip/pitch. Touch was off all day.

Scored better on the back with a 45, but ball striking deteriorated a bit with only 5 GIR/nGIR. A quadruple bogey on my nemesis long par-3 was costly.

I did hit driver well today, and generally was making crisp contact with the ball. Just had trouble getting it in the hole around the greens.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Wild ride yesterday. Started out with a bogey, followed by a triple, double, then finally a par, then a double. 8 over for the first 5 holes. Started figuring out the swing after that. Finished with an ugly 84 (45-39). Taking a break today, then it golf Wednesday through next Monday.

71-74 (+1) Really good weekend. I scored in really strong winds both days. Gusts that move you out of your balance. 
I keep the ball low and in play. A lot of 300+ yards drives (wind assisted). 340 the longest. My average is around 260 carry, the wind was no choke.  

Good: Of the tee, Approach to green, putter
Neutral: Around the green
Bad: --- 

• Upvote 1

Nothing.....darn it......I shot nothing......

As much as a foot by Sunday coming and all starting tomorrow. 

BUT, with the new house, I have high ceilings in the basement.  The mat and net are up again and I can practice shanking all winter indoors.  Pictures soon to the other thread.  (now, and then later once I'm done refinishing the basement.)

Bill - 

59 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Nothing.....darn it......I shot nothing......

As much as a foot by Sunday coming and all starting tomorrow. 

BUT, with the new house, I have high ceilings in the basement.  The mat and net are up again and I can practice shanking all winter indoors.  Pictures soon to the other thread.  (now, and then later once I'm done refinishing the basement.)

When I bought my new car the first thing I had the salesman do was open the trunk so I could see if my golf clubs and golf cart would fit. Were high basement ceilings the first thing you looked at when picking out a new house? 😄

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Upvote 1

I actually got out today, and put two clubs in the bag that I had never played a round with before. The driver had seen about 70 balls on the range, and my new hybrid was purchased this morning. No black friday deal but it was a demo club so it was half off. I hit both the driver and the hybrid fairly well, but my iron game was completely in the dumps. If you looked at my clubs right now you would wonder if I was using my irons as shovels or golf clubs. I had 1 good 5 iron strike, 1 good 7 iron strike and that was pretty much it. My 53 degree was doing fairly well, so once I got inside 80 yards I was alright, but it was taking me too many shots to get there. 103 on a 69CR 126 SR course. Far from my best showing.

@topoftheline89 did put up a blistering 40 on the front with some really dialed in iron shots. I was glad that one of us had some positive stuff to think about.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Now, I'm in a rut. Wednesday, shot 76, Thursday, shot 76, today, shot 77. I guess I can't complain.

Shot 50 today. Not good at all, even considering I started +8 through 4. Made three great up-and-down pars though. Short game was ok, everything else was crap.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

71, 72 and 71 at the California Golf Club in San Francisco this week.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

75 yesterday (36-39)

This afternoon, we have a 10 person, 9 hole shootout, winner take all. I hope I make it past the first hole.

92 at Talamore on Friday. You would think I had never seen a driver in my life. Hit out trash and trees all day 

Cleaned up somewhat yesterday at Tobacco to shoot 83. Driver was errant again but irons and especially my 56 wedge saved the day  Lot of trash can up and downs. @DaveP043 had a whale of a round 74 I think. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

6 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

This afternoon, we have a 10 person, 9 hole shootout, winner take all. I hope I make it past the first hole.

Well, that didn't go well. Had an impossible sand shot on the 1st hole, could barely see the top of the ball, it was so buried and it was right on the lip. Just blasted it out, and ended up 3 feet from the hole. Par was good enough to continue. Then disaster as I kick punted the drive, ended up short of the green in 2, chunked the chip, blasted it 5 feet past the hole on the next chip and 2 putted for a double. Eliminated on the second hole. Well, there's always next year.

Match play tomorrow.