Smidd4

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

196 posts / 34987 viewsLast Reply

If stuff goes really well this week, there may be the cash for an exciting trip to the renowned Homestead Golf Course in beautiful Tipp City, OH.

Hole-Photo05.jpg

Edited by mcanadiens

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure myself. I'm not planning to go to Orlando until maybe next December at the earliest. My cousin just got engaged so a trip to CA is in my future as well.

Maybe I'll go to the next Mid-Atlantic outing if @DaveP043 promises the weather will be better than it was last year. Or the year before :-P

More of a trip to visit family but we shipstixed (is that a word?) our clubs to Alabama and Thanksgiving week we’ll play a few, 4 maybe 5 of nearby RTJ courses.

Played yesterday with my older clubs, doods I miss my clubs. 

On the way home from our recent golf trip we started talking about the Monterey Peninsula. So I could see an early 2018 hop over the pond. 

In the worse case we’ll take a few days on Maui and hit Kapalua, and Wailea. 

Have fun!

On 10/16/2017 at 11:09 AM, billchao said:

Maybe I'll go to the next Mid-Atlantic outing if @DaveP043 promises the weather will be better than it was last year. Or the year before :-P

I believe I may have been permanently disqualified from planning any more TST outings in Virginia, based on the weather I've arranged.

1 hour ago, NCGolfer said:

I'm heading out in 30 minutes to my next golf trip...due south.  Somewhere in the Pinehurst region.  :-)

Sounds like fun. I'll be leaving in less than an hour to head that way also. 

Maybe we could hook up for some golf. ;-)

My next big trip won't be until 2019. It's not a "golf" trip tho, we'll be heading back to Europe for my wife's 50th bday but I will absolutely be playing golf. Right now I'm thinking either St. Andrews but if that fails, I'll play in Switzerland.

My brother and I are looking at either...

-Playing the 3 Streamsong courses in FL this November or December

-Spending a week in Bandon, OR sometime next Summer

A buddy and I will be in Myrtle Beach from December 1st - 4th for 3 rounds of golf.

The courses we are playing:

Legends Heathland

The Wizard

Myrtle Beach National - Kings North 

Played 4 rounds in Myrtle Beach the middle of November. Got rained out for our final 5th round. Heading to Las Vegas in 2 weeks. Will also be in St. George, UT then down to Laughlin, NV for a few day. hopefully will get in four or more rounds. If all goes right in April or May will be in South Africa for a few weeks and will try again to get in 4 or more rounds.

Kiva Dunes, Gulf Shores Alabama. Technically it’s a family vacation but all the guys golf so we will play Kiva and maybe one other course. 

Leaving for Palm Springs on Saturday for a week of golf. In June I'll be in scotland for a week.

1 hour ago, Chanceman said:

Hey Dave how was Palm Springs - where did you play and what are your recommendations?

We had a great time in Palm Springs, in spite of my wife and her broken foot.  We played the Golf Club at La Quinta (the old Trilogy course), Eagle Falls, PGA West Norman, Silverrock, Classic Club, and Desert Willow Mountain View.  Every one was in great shape, and every one was enjoyable.  My favorite is Classic Club, with Desert Willow and Eagle Falls pretty close behind.  The least favorite was La Quinta, and only because its completely surrounded by housing, otherwise its a good solid course.  The Norman Course was new to us this year, and I liked it better than I expected.  Lots of room in most places, but the bunkers were generally really deep and punishing, and the greens were pretty small.  It was a nice change from the freezing weather around Virginia.