IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

If stuff goes really well this week, there may be the cash for an exciting trip to the renowned Homestead Golf Course in beautiful Tipp City, OH.

Hole-Photo05.jpg

Edited by mcanadiens

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure myself. I'm not planning to go to Orlando until maybe next December at the earliest. My cousin just got engaged so a trip to CA is in my future as well.

Maybe I'll go to the next Mid-Atlantic outing if @DaveP043 promises the weather will be better than it was last year. Or the year before :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

More of a trip to visit family but we shipstixed (is that a word?) our clubs to Alabama and Thanksgiving week we’ll play a few, 4 maybe 5 of nearby RTJ courses.

Played yesterday with my older clubs, doods I miss my clubs. 

On the way home from our recent golf trip we started talking about the Monterey Peninsula. So I could see an early 2018 hop over the pond. 

In the worse case we’ll take a few days on Maui and hit Kapalua, and Wailea. 

Have fun!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:09 AM, billchao said:

Maybe I'll go to the next Mid-Atlantic outing if @DaveP043 promises the weather will be better than it was last year. Or the year before :-P

I believe I may have been permanently disqualified from planning any more TST outings in Virginia, based on the weather I've arranged.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Most likely Pinehurst next April. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, NCGolfer said:

I'm heading out in 30 minutes to my next golf trip...due south.  Somewhere in the Pinehurst region.  :-)

Sounds like fun. I'll be leaving in less than an hour to head that way also. 

Maybe we could hook up for some golf. ;-)

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I am headed to Pinehurst as well, but not until next week. Playing Pinehurst #8 next Friday and Pinehurst #2 next Saturday!

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My next big trip won't be until 2019. It's not a "golf" trip tho, we'll be heading back to Europe for my wife's 50th bday but I will absolutely be playing golf. Right now I'm thinking either St. Andrews but if that fails, I'll play in Switzerland.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Finally doing that trip to Bandon Dunes for 7 days in November. And the Sheep Ranch. Then driving back to SFO via Yocha Dehe.

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy and I will be in Myrtle Beach from December 1st - 4th for 3 rounds of golf.

The courses we are playing:

Legends Heathland

The Wizard

Myrtle Beach National - Kings North 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

• 1 month later...

Played 4 rounds in Myrtle Beach the middle of November. Got rained out for our final 5th round. Heading to Las Vegas in 2 weeks. Will also be in St. George, UT then down to Laughlin, NV for a few day. hopefully will get in four or more rounds. If all goes right in April or May will be in South Africa for a few weeks and will try again to get in 4 or more rounds.

Kiva Dunes, Gulf Shores Alabama. Technically it’s a family vacation but all the guys golf so we will play Kiva and maybe one other course. 

• Like 1

Leaving for Palm Springs on Saturday for a week of golf. In June I'll be in scotland for a week.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chanceman said:

Hey Dave how was Palm Springs - where did you play and what are your recommendations?

We had a great time in Palm Springs, in spite of my wife and her broken foot.  We played the Golf Club at La Quinta (the old Trilogy course), Eagle Falls, PGA West Norman, Silverrock, Classic Club, and Desert Willow Mountain View.  Every one was in great shape, and every one was enjoyable.  My favorite is Classic Club, with Desert Willow and Eagle Falls pretty close behind.  The least favorite was La Quinta, and only because its completely surrounded by housing, otherwise its a good solid course.  The Norman Course was new to us this year, and I liked it better than I expected.  Lots of room in most places, but the bunkers were generally really deep and punishing, and the greens were pretty small.  It was a nice change from the freezing weather around Virginia.

Dave