IGNORED

Rickie Fowler's new high-tops & pants...NOOOO!

erinklein10
Note: This thread is 2905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fowler can wear what ever he is paid to wear. His pants kind of reminded of those "pegged" pants some of us wore way, way back when. 

I don't often wear long pants. I think except for some meetings, and or family stuff, I only wear long pants 4 or 5 times in a year. Rest of the time I am wearing cargo shorts. 

Now I do tend to wear high top,  tactical boots just about every day. Even when golfing. I like having  the ankle support they provide. Plus they are quite comfortable. With that in mind, I think Fowlers high top shoe line will out sell his pants line. 

I am pretty sure high top golf shoes have already been around for quite a while now. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, Patch said:

Fowler can wear what ever he is paid to wear.

I am pretty sure high top golf shoes have already been around for quite a while now. 

he wears what he wants to wear, they make it for him and pay him, not the other way around.  he wouldnt wear them if he didnt like them.

first time ive seen them.

Colin P.

On 2/5/2016 at 11:29 AM, Tat14 said:

Pants aren't baggy enough. I'm talkin' Hammer-time, Can't Touch This, etc.

Yeah - like in the '90's when a lot of guys wore almost "sinbad" pants.  They were so baggy it looked like their legs didn't even move when they swung. 

I think we should bring that look back.  It's a cool effect to see a guy hit a ball 300 yards without moving his clothes. 

Not saying that I would wear those, but I think a lot of young fans will try to emulate him just like they did when he came to the Tour sporting OSU orange every Sunday.  Many of the PGA Tour pros have a "look" that makes them unique.  Take Bryson DeChambeau's old-school hat or his single length clubs for example.  As long as you're adhering to the rules and traditions of the game, you can go about playing or looking any way you want (and more power to you if you can do it successfully).  Though I'm likely younger than most on this site, I'm sure everyone can name a pro from each decade who had their own clothing or unconventional swing/equipment.  It makes the game fun and personally, I think it opens up golf to a whole new audience of people who might have preconceived notions about the game (e.g. boring, slow, etc.).  If it can help grow the game, I'm all for it!

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, sarena1594 said:

Not saying that I would wear those, but I think a lot of young fans will try to emulate him just like they did when he came to the Tour sporting OSU orange every Sunday.  Many of the PGA Tour pros have a "look" that makes them unique.  Take Bryson DeChambeau's old-school hat or his single length clubs for example.  As long as you're adhering to the rules and traditions of the game, you can go about playing or looking any way you want (and more power to you if you can do it successfully).  Though I'm likely younger than most on this site, I'm sure everyone can name a pro from each decade who had their own clothing or unconventional swing/equipment.  It makes the game fun and personally, I think it opens up golf to a whole new audience of people who might have preconceived notions about the game (e.g. boring, slow, etc.).  If it can help grow the game, I'm all for it!

I agree 100%.  The game needs to attract our youth and if clothing can help bridge the gap I'm all for it.  

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I agree 100%.  The game needs to attract our youth and if clothing can help bridge the gap I'm all for it.  

Ditto - while I may not be the demographic or body shape for some of these styles, I'm all for  drawing the younger generations to the game.  Love the energy and personality that exists around the sport these days. Good stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

9 minutes ago, Al B Tross said:

Ditto - while I may not be the demographic or body shape for some of these styles, I'm all for  drawing the younger generations to the game.  Love the energy and personality that exists around the sport these days. Good stuff. 

Exactly, I wouldn't wear the clothes Fowler wears because that's not my style and I wouldn't look as good in them as he does.  

Golf is headed in a great direction with a lot of good young players to attract younger generations to the game, we should be supporting these efforts not discouraging them.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Regardless if I think the high tops and pants look cool or not (I don't) . this is nothing new.  How many times have you heard non-golfers reference "funny clothes" when they talk about golf.  These are just the same goofy "funny clothes" in a current rendition. 

In my own opinion, dressing up funny to play golf is stupid.  Nothing looks cooler or better than winning.  But to each his own.  And if it helps bring fans . .I may scratch my head because, like I said, I think wearing funny clothes to play golf is stupid . .but hey, bringing more people into the game is never a bad thing. 

19 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Yeah - like in the '90's when a lot of guys wore almost "sinbad" pants.  They were so baggy it looked like their legs didn't even move when they swung. 

I think we should bring that look back.  It's a cool effect to see a guy hit a ball 300 yards without moving his clothes. 

How about the tight polyester pants that guy wore in Nicklaus' day? Some looked like table cloths or curtains as well! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Saw this today during the Players today, had to post it.  Rickie can pull this off (the shoes).  I couldn't.

fowler2.pngfowler1.png

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

11 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Saw this today during the Players today, had to post it.  Rickie can pull this off (the shoes).  I couldn't.

fowler2.pngfowler1.png

I was just telling people in my shop about how ugly those shoes are... it's definitely Rickie's style, but I think it looks terrible.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

54 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

fowler2.pngfowler1.png

I like the shoes. I'll wear them. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I say, just play golf and don't concern yourself with what someone else is wearing - Geeeeezzzzz!!!!!

The design looks like some of the running shoes I've seen for women, not sure I know anyone that would wear them.  

Joe Paradiso

8 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

He looks sharp today. Kinda 80's throwback colors. Dig it. 

I agree - total throwback look and he does pull it off. I guess I'm building tolerance for the trend. If he (or anyone) shows up in this, however, I've got to start questioning what the hell is going on... ?

image.jpg

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

On 2/4/2016 at 2:41 PM, erinklein10 said:

Please tell me this isn't going to catch on...

rickie-fowler-high-tops-01-14-style.jpg

Catch on or not - Puma must love this guy. What other sponsor gets that much publicity. Golf Channel was all abuzz about it.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Note: This thread is 2905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!