IGNORED

What's the Best Product You Own? (Non-Golf Edition)

jamo
Note: This thread is 2667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine would be my digital camera - Sony RX-100, Mark I.  it's nearly four years old, and it still takes fantastic photographs...and fits in a jacket pocket.  I stopped carrying a DSLR (except for work), years ago.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel, a seven year old Leopard Appaloosa who came to me from a lady that was afraid of him. She sold Dan twice - but no one could load him into a trailer.

She offered him free to me IF I could just get him in my trailer. Took a lot of gentle persuasion but he came home with me, and was VERY pleased and proud to unload in front of our mares (despite the fact he was a gelding).

Daniel.png

For the next 25 years Daniel carried me up and down the Colorado Rockies without complaint. He was always willing, and sometimes surprised us with skills we had no idea he had.

Once our neighbor's three horses decided to go investigate the regions across the highway from their pasture, gaily rampaging through their new environs. Tossed my slickfork on Dan and off we went in pursuit.

Daniel sensed the adventure, and with little to no guidance from me promptly had the renegades rounded up and headed home.

Another time we had a pack horse injure herself a long ways out from camp. I threw her load up on Dan and climbed atop. Dan gave me the "Really?" look, but carried the load and me... and led the injured mare back to camp.

Daniel was a good ol' boy, worth a hell of lot more than his keep!

I miss him.

Lost Lakes_28.png

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Best product is tough, I use a lot of products every day and many of them have provided enjoyment and positive experiences.  I'd say at this point my Nissan GTR is probably the best just because it stands so far ahead of other cars I've owned in terms of quality and performance.  

In 2nd would be my 80" Samsung UHD television, it is great for watching golf and movies with the family.  

Joe Paradiso

17 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Boom:

guitars.JPG

And, not included in the picture is my best value purchase of a guitar.  I bought a Japanese Fender Stratocaster in the mid 80's for less than $200.  It's a great strat.  The Japanese Strats were cheap at the time but turned out to be real gems and sought after guitars.

I'm with you. This is a stock photo of my Taylor 414. I have a few others as well, but this one is my favorite.

Taylor 414.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Brunswick Gold Crown 2 pool table and my cues.  This is not mine but looks just like it (except my side panels are blue/grey):

Captured2008-1-1500000.jpg

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

35 minutes ago, krupa said:

Brunswick Gold Crown 2 pool table and my cues.  This is not mine but looks just like it (except my side panels are blue/grey):

Captured2008-1-1500000.jpg

They make great tables. Had a Beunswick 4x8 in my basement in Chicago. Many many nights of entertainment. 

• 2 months later...

A glock pistol. Beautiful, simple, and has probably saved my life once. But my 2015 Mazda Cx-5 is a close 2nd. Only 40,000 miles but it hasnt blinked. 

Oh and my Timex Ironman watch. 39 dollars, 6 years, two watch killing jobs and it keeps perfect time and hasnt even required a battery!

Edited by stealthhwk
Addition

Electronics aside (cell phone and computer), I have a 10-inch dobsonian telescope that's pretty awesome. I want to take it up to Cherry Springs State Park in North Central PA, since much more can be seen there than in Philly.

-Rich

My Weber 26.5" charcoal grill. You would think it would not make much difference from the 22" version that I used for 10 years. Yet there is a huge difference in cooking space. I grill out on average 70 times year round, My 32oz Yeti tumbler made a believer out of me as well. I fill it up with ice water at 10pm every night before I go to bed. When I get home from work the next day at 3pm. There is still ice in the the cup, never seen anything like it.

Products that I've had for a looong time and have served me well (in no particular order):

Weber smokey mountain cooker - I've had this thing for ever - this is my second one.  It makes the best ribs, pork butt, brisket, atomic buffalo turds, fatties and chuckie's I've ever had.

Weber grill - primarily for fajtatas, steaks and chicken and seafood.  I'm on my 3rd one - can't live without.

Ugly stick 7' salt water rod and Shimano br 2500 - I got this when I first started salt water fishing from shore.  I've had dozens of combos since then - this one will not die and is my go-to for any kind of heavy shore fishing - now that I've moved to TX  I use it for catfish and gar.

Pass Labs amplifier - this thing has been in my arsenal forever.  It sounds amazing and matches with any pre-amp.  It was awesome in my "before kids" days listening to music and it's awesome now - playing "The Minions" or "Frozen". 

Highly related are my Sonus Faber monitors.  Got these in my 20's - my kids dig 'em today.

My guild acoustic guitar.  Have had this since I was in my 20's. Used it professionally - has enjoyed many camp fires since. 

My Bart Reiter open-back banjo - never used professionally but has enjoyed even more campfire than the aforementioned Guild.

My Yamaha stage piano.  I never actually learned to play piano but I wrote a bunch of cool songs on it and now my daughter uses it to (hopefully) actually learn to play piano.

Thermapen.  Enough said.

edit - one more - my Le Creuset braising pan.  It's about 14 inches with about 3 inch high sides and a lid.  Really - what more could you want?

Edited by Rainmaker

5.11 TDU belts. I'm a picky guy when it comes to belts, underwear and socks if it isn't comfortable I feel off all day. Like to feel like I don't notice the belt and the 5.11 is the best $17.99 I've spent, think form fitting and pliable and you can walk through metal detectors without taking it off.

5640287583_e70abf6e31.jpg

Dave :-)

1st generation kindle - I've logged thousands of hours reading that thing and it keeps chugging along (even though my kids have put some serious scars on it)

Zojirushi bread maker - I will never buy a loaf of bread from a store again

Vibram shoes - Years of running in agony are a thing of the past

J.A. Henckel knife set - I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and good quality knives are a must

Hoover Carpet Cleaner - kids and dogs!

Randal

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't narrow it down to one or two items...

Stihl MS 180 chainsaw - 12 years of heavy use and it simply won't die. Even dropped an ash tree on it years ago. I have a larger Stihl but prefer to use the little fella. It may be starting to lose compression. If so, I'll buy the same model as a replacement.

Carvin solid body electric. Love this guitar. I also have a Guild Starfire IV Semi-hollow body electric which is a beautiful instrument. I play the Carvin a lot more.

iMac (purchased in 2007). I'd love to get a new Mac Mini, but this thing is still running strong going on 10 years - even if 60 fps, 1080 video doesn't run very well on it.

Firearms and reloading equipment. All of it. Have to get back into reloading.

2004 Silverado 1500. The Northern Winters have taken a toll on her. Stays parked a lot now but is still my all-time favorite vehicle. 

Jon

On 8/14/2016 at 2:27 AM, stealthhwk said:

A glock pistol. Beautiful, simple, and has probably saved my life once. But my 2015 Mazda Cx-5 is a close 2nd. Only 40,000 miles but it hasnt blinked. 

Oh and my Timex Ironman watch. 39 dollars, 6 years, two watch killing jobs and it keeps perfect time and hasnt even required a battery!

I had one of those watches years ago.  Lost it, it did not quit working.

Remeber those old commercials?  "Takes a licking, keeps on ticking"....  The sumo guys??

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

1 hour ago, 14ledo81 said:

Remeber those old commercials?  "Takes a licking, keeps on ticking"....  The sumo guys??

Lol! I do indeed remember those commercials.

3 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

I still have one of these watches. It is my second. My first lasted a dozen years or more and I used it for work and coaching soccer. I've had the second one about 5 years now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 5/23/2016 at 10:35 PM, mvmac said:

My iphone 6 or the money clip @iacas gave me a few years ago. I had the Costanza wallet going.

Hopefully it was full of money. ;-)

For @dave s and @No Mulligans. This would be mine. I haven't found a band down here in Florida yet, but hopefully I will find one at some point. 

12111914_10208286678994268_6513414150071549214_n.jpg

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!