IGNORED

I Voted…

Papa Steve 55
Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't get any call just a few things hanging on my door. Still the barrage of "news" and ads has been a grind. On Wed I suspect I will feel like I was freed from a dungeon and see sun for the first time in months.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

What I don't get are the throngs of people that are voting early.

My beloved sister apparently didn't want to spend 15 minutes voting tomorrow at our neighborhood precinct, so she just juiced four hours waiting at the County Board of Elections in the next town over..

We have vote by mail in Oregon. I think other states are looking at doing the same going forward.

Super impersonal, but easy. 

19 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

We have vote by mail in Oregon. I think other states are looking at doing the same going forward.

Super impersonal, but easy. 

Actually that is an option here in Ohio as well. They must of spent plenty of tax dollars mailing everybody in the state to let them know about it.

My precinct is right on the way to lunch, so it's real easy for me.

Mail in for me. I switched party affiliation a year or so ago. I feel a little guilty however, since I have received political favors by members of both parties at one time or another. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I'm voting tomorrow morning. Polls open at 6AM.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I unplugged my home phone.

Political calls don't count against the "Do Not Call" Registry, AFAIK.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I always chose mail-in ballot and vote early. Gets rid of pesky spam calls to vote for their candidate. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I'm voting tomorrow morning. Polls open at 6AM.

Yep^^^^

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

I just signed up for nomorobo. Thanks!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

I unplugged my home phone.

Political calls don't count against the "Do Not Call" Registry, AFAIK.

But they are robocalls. Norobocall blocks them for me. It has been awesome. The phone rings once and stops.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

But they are robocalls. Norobocall blocks them for me. It has been awesome. The phone rings once and stops.

That's why I signed up. :-) It worked at least two or three times last night. It still rings once (or partially rings), right?

23 hours ago, RussUK said:

We could do with this here in the UK. I get calls on my mobile. What they do over here is use a number generator to go through all the combinations, as soon as it hits one that connects they call you. As soon as you pick up they have your number confirmed as active and you get loads of cold calls. 

If i dont know the number i cancel the call and google the number.

Have you tried tps?  http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

I registered a landline with it once and got no more calls.  The calling organisation has to respect the rules and actively not call anyone on the list but given that prosecutions are now more likely if they break the rules I think it works.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

10 hours ago, iacas said:

That's why I signed up. :-) It worked at least two or three times last night. It still rings once (or partially rings), right?

Yes. Rings once. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/7/2016 at 3:54 AM, dennyjones said:

We dumped our land line many years ago.   No spam on the cell phones.  

Yep, we did too. We went the "his & her's" route. Unlimited everything on both. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 11/7/2016 at 6:16 AM, newtogolf said:

In NY we get more spam on our cell phones than we do on our land lines. 

Same thing happened when I moved to Colorado; never got a spam call in my life until I got to that state.

Anyway, I voted about an hour ago.  This has easily been the worst election I've had the mispleasure of participating in.

I voted too...for the winner.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!