IGNORED

Favorite Thing about This Time of Year

iacas

On 12/13/2016 at 10:22 AM, Hategolf said:

This time of the year gives me the excuse to buy golf stuff...I say to myself..is Christmas!...lol. $1k later...I start feeling buying remorse. 

I buy stuff this time of year too. This year I've been smart and avoided buying a bunch of clubs. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2016 at 7:23 AM, RussUK said:

Turkey with all the trimmings, and the smile on my son's face when he opens his presents (also my youngest's 1st christmas)

Holy cow! You just pushed one of my buttons! I swear I could eat roast turkey, dressing, and gravy every day!

However, I spotted this thread on March 3, so I will say this. It's March, the "cruelest" month in some folks estimation since it's the transition from Winter to Spring. But MLB teams are in Spring training, and the Sun is higher in the sky than it's been for quite a while. Enough so that you can actually feel the heat in the sunlight now!

At this time of year, on a sunny day I like nothing better than going outside, closing my eyes, and turning my face towards the Sun feeling the warmth on my face.

Lengthening days.  They're finally long enough I can leave work @ 4:45 and walk 4-5 holes.  But the big one:  come Sunday morning -- start of Daylight Savings!!  Then, at least 12-13 holes after work, or hitting the airfield w/my planes or helis for a couple of hours.

BamaWade

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 2:19 PM, BamaWade said:

Lengthening days.  They're finally long enough I can leave work @ 4:45 and walk 4-5 holes.  But the big one:  come Sunday morning -- start of Daylight Savings!!  Then, at least 12-13 holes after work, or hitting the airfield w/my planes or helis for a couple of hours.

BamaWade

Yup, we just crossed over 12 hours of daylight here in Michigan. A few weeks until the official handicap season opens. A lot of anticipation. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, David in FL said:

The Masters baby!

:banana:

One of the things I love about the Masters is how green and beautiful the course is. Here in MA, everything still is brown and dormant. 

• 1 month later...

Well, it's now June 2, and I just got my garden planted! Can't wait for those home grown tomatoes! I will not buy a tomato in a grocery store any more. They taste like crap! So, tomatoes become a seasonal delicacy for me. That's OK. I'd rather eat good!

I like being able to hang around inside with a window open or the AC on just very slightly, with sunlight pouring in the windows.

Plus, it's almost tomato and corn season!