IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

Wonder how the pins will be set tomorrow...

It's gonna be the best round of the year to watch I bet!

The same way they always are for the final round. They don't really change. This is last years's sheet. I'd be surprised if it's any different.

2016-masters-final-round-pin-sheet.jpg

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

16 minutes ago, Shorty said:

The same way they always are for the final round. They don't really change. This is last years's sheet. I'd be surprised if it's any different.

That's a bit of an exaggeration; some of them do change.  This is from 2014:

2014.jpg

#8, #10, #5, #15, and #11 are significantly different from 2016.

Also relevant:

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2017-is-the-time-ripe-for-a-new-sunday-pin-at-no-16

• Upvote 3

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really like Fowler and Spieth...but I've seen such a change for the better with Sergio's character on the course, and damn he needs a major.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The thing about Sergio is he is likely to hit a pin and ricochet into the water or something.  Or miss a tap or two...

Rose is steady Eddie.

Jordan needs to be Jordan.

Its gonna get LOUD

Duval said nine or ten to win...

I agree. And Willet....lol...having to hang around to pass the jacket...priceless.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Alright, great leaderboard. Let's get some predictions thrown out there.

Personally, I have no earthly idea...but I think the winner is -4 or better right now. I think there's too much talent for someone to come from more than 2 strokes behind at this point. If I had to guess I would say the winner comes from the Spieth/Fowler match. But one of them will have to go out and win it because Rose isn't likely to give it away.

Edited by skydog
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to see Rose or Fowler take this one. I'm not a Spieth fan he's very difficult to watch. Sergio has the skill but to this point hasn't proved to have the mental game to win one. 

Does Hoffman remind anyone else of David Puddy from Seinfeld? I can't help but root for the guy.

Image result for david puddy seinfeld

Edited by skydog

10 minutes ago, skydog said:

Personally, I have no earthly idea...but I think the winner is -4 or better right now. I think there's too much talent for someone to come from more than 2 strokes behind at this point. If I had to guess I would say the winner comes from the Spieth/Fowler match. But one of them will have to go out and win it because Rose isn't likely to give it away.

Reading some of the pundits' reactions tonight, I'd argue that the Hoffman-Moore pairing is getting a lot less respect than they deserve.

Charley Hoffman is one bad swing away from being in the final pairing. Ryan Moore has shot back-to-back 69s while rarely getting in trouble (and bouncing back quickly on the rare occasions he has). People are talking up Spieth's chances as if this tournament is his to win, but these two are at the same number, and I'd give them as much of a chance as Spieth has.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think Justin Rose is the actual favorite, and nobody is talking about him. I find it hard to look past him. He's got everything you need to win here, and his recent record here is strong. If he throws up a 67 or 68, I don't think anyone will match that.

I really wish he would ditch those ridiculous sunglasses, though. 

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

You got Moore steep to flat

Hoffman a bit flat 

These guys to me are real workers.  

Rose has the technical proficiency and the guts

Spieth has the most guts of anyone in contention.  I like his move too.

Scott lurking but may be too far back.

Sergio is a wild card he has not shown the guts at majors but Ryder cup seems he has...

If I was a betting man I'd put money on Rose.

Ill root Spieth Fowler.  Love most to see Spieth win again.  

Edited by Jack Watson

1 hour ago, skydog said:

I'm rooting for Spieth but I think Rose is going to come out on top.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

If Rose, Fowler or Garcia wins (particularly Sergio!), I'll be delighted - I do feel like Spieth might just get hot on the greens and nick it, though... Whilst I appreciate how they've scored, neither Hoffman or Moore do anything for me. I like Charley a lot, but I would always want the long-timer who's not yet done it. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I'm going with Sergio Garcia. You always have to say Spanish people's full names, because they sound cool.

Obviously all of them are great, and can win - I just like the steady pace he has kept.

Hope he doesn't, but I think Spieth will do it. You can't ignore his record at the Masters, it can't be a coincidence, there's just something about the place that suits his game.

Rooting for Sergio though. So few players have been as consistently good as him over the last 20 years. 

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. And Willet....lol...having to hang around to pass the jacket...priceless.

Not as priceless as Spieth passing it to Willet.

Danny will pass it with respect not as a 5 year old sulking child.

5 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I think Justin Rose is the actual favorite, and nobody is talking about him. I find it hard to look past him. He's got everything you need to win here, and his recent record here is strong. If he throws up a 67 or 68, I don't think anyone will match that.

I really wish he would ditch those ridiculous sunglasses, though. 

Do you wear sunglasses?

6 hours ago, skydog said:

Spieth.

Just love to see Charley prove all of us wrong.

It will be an American win this year.

Edited by Scotsclaff
  • Upvote 1

All 6 of the leaders are well qualified to win this- they all have several wins on the PGA tour. 

It's hard to say whom I am rooting for.   I guess I'm rooting for any of the last 4- Spieth, Fowler, Rose, and Garcia. 

My heart is with Sergio, my head says it'll be Justin Rose.  

1 hour ago, Marty2019 said:

All 6 of the leaders are well qualified to win this- they all have several wins on the PGA tour. 

It's hard to say whom I am rooting for.   I guess I'm rooting for any of the last 4- Spieth, Fowler, Rose, and Garcia. 

My heart is with Sergio, my head says it'll be Justin Rose.  

Agree. I would love to see Sergio win this (can't believe I'm saying that, my, how my opinion of Sergio has changed in the past few years), but I'm thinking Rose will take it, which is better for my pool anyway. :-P

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!