IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is Kaymar's point?  Besides sucking up to Woods. Millions have commented on Woods. Even if it is 99 percent positive, you will still have loud negative voices. You think people would agree with him if it were a person you hated with their politics? Tiger could have killed someone

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

What is Kaymar's point?

I thought it was pretty damn clear. So has almost everyone else I've seen.

Try watching it a few more times. You'll figure it out eventually.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

What is Kaymar's point?  Besides sucking up to Woods. Millions have commented on Woods. Even if it is 99 percent positive, you will still have loud negative voices. You think people would agree with him if it were a person you hated with their politics? Tiger could have killed someone

Well I think hes commenting on it because he feels media is searching for another story. Ive never liked Tiger because of his high and mighty attitude on golf course but even im kinda defending him on this. I feel his cheating on his wife and endangering her with disease was way worse than this. I think hes actually telling truth and made honest mistake with his meds and media is wanting more dirt. Tiger is not  relevant as a top golfer anymore and I think hes not in a good place excepting it but to keep his mugshot posted up on golf channel multiple times is demeaning. He could possibly be hooked on meds but I doubt it. I doubt theres not one of us that has been driving and wasnt sleepy at some point that couldve caused an accident, I know I have. Ill give him benefit of doubt until it happens again the id say theres more  to it.

1 hour ago, Aflighter said:

Ive never liked Tiger because of his high and mighty attitude on golf course

I'm not sure I follow.  Isn't a certain amount of cockiness/arrogance quite prevalent in many a great athlete?  Cristiano Ronaldo, as one example. :-P

There are lots of reasons not to like Tiger, but his attitude on the course doesn't really seem like it would be one of them - the "high and mighty" part at least.  I know there are those out there that didn't care of his club throwing or cursing - is that what you're talking about?

• Upvote 1

I've never liked Tiger because of his high and mighty attitude

But you have a photo of the most narcissistic player ever in the history of soccer as your avatar? 

10 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

As much as I have conditioned myself not to trust in the media, I hadn't applied it to the sports area as much. I am annoyed that I believed the report initially, even though it seemed very odd that he would be out doing this. It is just one more chink in the already flimsy armor of the media.

Good grief! Just look at ESPN! They might as well be be "NPR Sports"!

And phan is from Philly! What else could you expect? Hell, they booed Santa Claus!

7 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

And phan is from Philly! What else could you expect? Hell, they booed Santa Claus!

They also pelted him with snowballs, FWIW.  ;-)   Philly folks are WAY too proud of that stupid story.

2 hours ago, Aflighter said:

I feel his cheating on his wife and endangering her with disease was way worse than this.

Whaaaa....?

- John

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I'm not sure I follow.  Isn't a certain amount of cockiness/arrogance quite prevalent in many a great athlete?  Cristiano Ronaldo, as one example. :-P

There are lots of reasons not to like Tiger, but his attitude on the course doesn't really seem like it would be one of them - the "high and mighty" part at least.  I know there are those out there that didn't care of his club throwing or cursing - is that what you're talking about?

No, actually the club throwing is funny and understandable.Im talking more about his presence around the fans not even looking at them and staring straight ahead plus the media drooling didnt help either.

2 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

But you have a photo of the most narcissistic player ever in the history of soccer as your avatar? 

That avatar was picked randomly.I dont even know who the hell that is.Haa.

6 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

No, actually the club throwing is funny and understandable.Im talking more about his presence around the fans not even looking at them and staring straight ahead plus the media drooling didnt help either.

Scouse and I both assumed that you chose that avatar and both had the same thought.  It's Cristiano Ronaldo, Portuguese soccer player, one of the best in the world, one who definitely comes off as "high and mighty" on the pitch. ;)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Aflighter said:

a) I think it's weird to fault a guy for getting in the zone and having a hyper focus, but to each his own…
b) What the media did or didn't do wasn't his fault.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

33 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Good article in NYT asking us to leave him alone: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/opinion/you-dont-know-tiger-woods.html

:-P  Article states Tiger was slurring his words, but he "probably" shouldn't have been driving?

Ya think?

Tiger was really, really lucky it didn't turn out much worse.

9 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

It's Cristiano Ronaldo, Portuguese soccer player, one of the best in the world, one who definitely comes off as "high and mighty" on the pitch. ;)

That is an understatement!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

11 hours ago, Aflighter said:

Calling BS :)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Zekez said:

Calling BS :)

No, im serious.When I joined I believe it gave you some to choose from or put your own. I just went with the athlete one instead of the  kitty or whatever was on there. Im from NC, soccer would be probably the last thing id watch.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, iacas said:

I thought it was pretty damn clear. So has almost everyone else I've seen.

Try watching it a few more times. You'll figure it out eventually.

I watched it. I bet he has never had a family member hit on the road by a medicated driver

I think we spent 18 pages to decide:

1) Tiger was taking meds for pain that said "May cause drowsiness." "Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication."

2) He probably fell asleep at the wheel and pulled off the road.

3) He got caught.

4) Tiger is not a role model. He's a human being like everyone else. 

One thing about people: they love to build up the hero and put them on a pedestal. Then when they stumble, they love to tear them down for failing to live up to their expectations. Then they love to watch the fall. 

• Upvote 2

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I finally got to watching the video last night. I'm with most here that he's human. He made a mistake but I don't think this is "I'm above the law" or "I'm a bigger deal than everyone" type of thing. The fact he blew a 0.00 is great. Maybe he took too many pain pills and didn't stick to the correct dosages but maybe the guy is in pain, he did have surgery after all. 

I especially like that despite the fact that he was COMPLETELY out of it, he 1) stopped driving and was on the side of the road, 2) appears to have treated all officers involved with respect, 3) didn't "lawyer up" immediately 4) was completely cooperative.

I won't pass too much judgement for Tiger in my mind for this. Still not a good thing though. 

• Upvote 1

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Note: This thread is 2515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!