IGNORED

Mixed bag or all one manufacturer

Note: This thread is 2463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver: Titleist

3-Wood through Pitching Wedge:  Maltby

50, 56 degree wedges:  Ping Glide 1.0

Putter:  Edel

Yep, mixed bag.  I see no reason to go for a single manufacturer at this time.  I really like the Titleist driver and I'm not particularly fond of their wedges, for example.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The past few years, I have ended up with mainly a Callaway bag.

Had a major changeover in 2009 when I realized it was time to dump the Stiff shafts. At the time, I was playing Ping clone irons, a MacGregor putter, an Air Zevo driver, and Tour Edge Bazooka 3W and 5W.

In rebuild, I started out with a custom-fitted Callaway driver, Calla 3W, an assortment of 5Ws and Raylors, Calla X20 irons, and Cleveland CG14 Wedges.

Now I have largely Calla, including a custom fit driver, self-fit FWs, X20 Tour irons and MD3 and PM grind wedges. (Due to connections, monitoring clearances and Calla preowned, the driver is the only thing I paid close to full price for.) Hybrid is a Cobra (I may add a second), and putter is a Slotline Inertia (see sig-line).

In between some turbulence in FWs, a year with TM RBZ and four years with Tour Edge XRails.

I tended toward Callaway because the clubs seem to "fit my eye," if its a Calla club with proper shaft, I start hitting it OK with minimal break-in.

Plus, the local Calla reps have always been very helpful, the local GG guys know Callaway, and our head teaching pro is a Calla sponsor - he regularly brings in new models and prototypes for us to hit.

That said, I have gathered enough clubs for a second TM bag ...

Spoiler

TST picked me a couple of years back to be a tester and reviewer for the TM SLDR irons. I like them as much as my X20 Tours (truly, it's a rough choice). SLDR = 4i - AW.. also...

• I picked up an almost new TM Tour Preferred 56.12 SW for $45 at a golf expo. It went cheap because it had a rust spot, which turned out to be a smear of caramel candy bar.:-P
  • Got a TM r5 Dual titanium 3W for $29. Looks great and has no serious wear once I scrubbed the mud and old grass off it. (Some shops don't know how to maximize display of used clubs)
  • a 22* TM Rescue 4 Dual as a straight swapout for a SLDR 4H with a heaaaavy 82-gram shaft.
  • a TM TPA.VIII, which my brother gave me for free from a grab bag of golf clubs he bought at an upscale garage sale. 
  • Would be nice to have a TM driver to round things out

A third bag would be from Tour Edge, the Exotics guys. But, Mrs. WUTiger might get upset.

I try other clubs at golf expos and demo days - there is a ton of great equipment out there, if you just find the right shaft for your swing. But, for convenience and leveraging past performance I mainly play Callaway.

Edited by WUTiger

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Although i have a "Pingman" tattoo on my leg, I just can't be faithful to one.  I tried....but...

Driver- Taylormade 

Fw -Callaway

Irons- Ping

Wedges- Callaway

Putter- Scotty

Bag- Ping Hoover Voyage

I tried the Ping G30lst...it was ok but then I hit the M series drivers and the feel and distance were much better.

Wedges, I had the Glides for about half a season.  Ball just seemed to go straight up and nowhere on full shots.

Putter I'm trying to like the Ping Tyne but nothing works like my Newport.

Edited by Typhoon92

2 hours ago, RWalker84 said:

I agree, I think a mixed bag is where it's at too

Play what you like best, and what works best... we don't get paid to play one brand (at least the vast majority of us).  For some people that's a mixed set, for some it's the same brand.

I have Ping woods & hybrid, Mizuno irons, Titleist wedges, and an Odyssey putter.  I liked those the best in their respective categories when building my bag.

i have a Taylormade driver, Callaway fw,  Mizuno 3i, Nickent 4h, Cleveland 5i, (yes i have a hybrid between my 3 and 5 iron) Callaway 6-AW, Top-Flite SW, Odyssee Putter, Titleist pro v 1x ball and 2 sun mountain bags a C-130 cart bag and a 3.5 carry bag plus a clic gear cart.

I'm mostly Titleist, but that's just the way it has worked out.  I care what works for me, not the name on the club.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

12 hours ago, RWalker84 said:

Just curious, do most of you play with a mixed bag of manufacturers or do you only game one manufacturer? What's your thoughts on equipment?

Definitely mixed bag.

Driver: Callaway BBE Sub Zero
3-Wood: Ping G
Hybrid: Titliest 915 2 Hybrid
4 Iron: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged
5 Iron - PW: Mizuno MP 59
Wedges: Edel
Putter: Edel

I find there is no need to have the same manufacturer unless it just happens out that way. I doubt it will happen for me. I love Mizuno irons, and I do not like their other clubs. I will probably either play Callaway, Ping, or Titleist drivers. They just seem to fit my eye and game more than any other. Edel wedges and putters are locked in for me as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Mixed bag. While the idea of a fully uniform set of clubs sounds and looks nice, I have a feeling it's pretty rare to find that the best fit clubs for a person all come from the same manufacturer. I ended up with my set based primarily on what I got the best numbers from first, then price second.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Driver: Nike, 3-wood: Ping, hybrid: Bridgestone, irons: Nike, SW: Titleist, LW: Callaway, putter: Nike.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

13 hours ago, RWalker84 said:

Just curious, do most of you play with a mixed bag of manufacturers or do you only game one manufacturer? What's your thoughts on equipment?

I've carried different wedges than my iron sets. But unfortunately I'm a little OCD about having some coherency in my bag. I certainly prefer to have my bag as the same brand as clubs I have. It's silly, I know. Currently I have a Ping G driver (must test the new 400), but I might have to demo the Callaway Epic as well. Obviously it's best to just have in your bag whatever you like the best/performs best for you. Being left handed, I don't have endless options for clubs so that often plays a role in what I game.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

mixed bag here...

irons:  Mizuno JPX EZ Forged

Driver and 3 wood, Taylor Made M1

3H, 4H Titleist

wedges, 2 Mizuno, 1 Titleist Volkey

Putter:  Scotty

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Last year my clubs were stolen so I had to rebuild everything from the ground up.  still tinkering with the wedges and irons. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Note: This thread is 2463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!