IGNORED

2017 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale Discussion Thread

Wally Fairway
Note:Β This thread is 2463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Where did this Austin Connelly guy come from? He's tearing things up out there.

Just looked up his profile on pga site, best finish in 2016 was T73 at the Panama Claro Championship. Unreal.Β 

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* :Β Fairway - Ping G30 18* :Β Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* &Β 915 H 24* :Β Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedΒ 5Β - GW :Β Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 :Β Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio SelectΒ Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-RΒ  :Β Ball - Bridgestone B330RX,Β Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

59 minutes ago, jamo said:

I don't dislike him. I just don't particularly like or find him interestingΒ him either.

Yeah, I feel that way about DJ.

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, β€œexcept golfers."Β 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Is it bad that I'm rooting against Grace? Would be weird if a relative no-name had the record.Β 

He isn't a no name but it is your prerogative. I like the guy personally. He is a bulldog and plays well in majors.

Trollin' is the life

This is starting to look a little like last year. Spieith and Kuchar separating a bit from the field. Koepka hanging on. It wouldn't surprise me to see them separate more. They're both feeding off each other and some birdie holes coming up.

The scoring has pretty much stalled out this afternoon. There are going to be some guys at 3Β or 4-under tomorrow who will have a chance to post a low number early.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

9 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

The scoring has pretty much stalled out this afternoon. There are going to be some guys at 3Β or 4-under tomorrow who will have a chance to post a low number early.

It will take a 59 for them.

• Upvote 1

Trollin' is the life

Great golf, great fun watching Kuchar and Speith today!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The Wee Dark'un continues his slow march!

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Kuch as missing on 18 and 3 putting dmfor double is going to lead for a snoozer tomorrow. Speith birdie on 18 kind of shows things are going his way. Could have bounced in bunker leading to bog.

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

1 hour ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Β 

1 hour ago, MuniGrit said:

It will take a 59 for them.

Yeah, I agree. Β Kuch and Spieth are too experienced and steady - they're not both going backwards,Β so even if they are just meh tomorrow, somebody is likely to have to break Graces fresh record to have a chance.

Lucky for Spieth there isn't a short par 3 with water in front of it ;)Β 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Maybe after tomorrow, people will actually start to acknowledge how good Spieth is. The dude is a gamer and knows how to post a score like no one I've seen before.Β He has a three shot lead and is playing with his B game (at best) this week.

Edited by skydog

6 hours ago, Jmdmbike said:

A lot of pro golfers are like that - not particularly interesting characters. But I still appreciate what he did today.

Β 

I'd also like to see DJ go lower - that'd be amazing.

Spieth isn't exactly a big personality either. For most it probably gets in the way of being a top class golfer.

53 minutes ago, skydog said:

Maybe after tomorrow, people will actually start to acknowledge how good Spieth is. The dude is a gamer and knows how to post a score like no one I've seen before.Β He has a three shot lead and is playing with his B game (at best) this week.

After tomorrow?

1 hour ago, skydog said:

Did you forget his 2015 season?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Lucky for Spieth there isn't a short par 3 with water in front of it ;)Β 

Haha - that is just mean.

- John

Note:Β This thread is 2463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!