IGNORED

I've been harping about this forever - give people space

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This hasn't happened to me in awhile, last time was back in September, but still.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This happens surfing, in movie theaters, parking lots, baseball games, empty flights, etc. You must have one of those positive aura's, that just sucks people towards you. 

I must have that same positive aura thingy going on because I have the same issue with both the bathroom and range. Sometimes on the range, I will have my tripod in the spot next to me and someone will still drop their bag and give me a look until I move it. When the whole range is empty. I don't get it.

Michael

I almost always pick a spot at either end of the range. I don't want anyone to hear my muttered self-talk laced with an occasional sh$t while I'm working. Working on telling myself to shut up and figure it out.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I had two children with their mom decide that under my back swing was the best place to be one afternoon at Kittyhawk. We were the only ones out there and the tee line is at least 50 yards wide.

On the other hand, I've reached the point in my golfing career where I can impress small children. That's nice.

• Like 1

I don't seem to have this problem even though I'm not too bothered by the whole personal space concept. The aura I give off must mean "leave me the **** alone" ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

There are people that cannot be alone, and need someone close, others need that space between each other.
Just lookup for the one´s that are like you and respect the ones that not.  

When I go to the range, I am looking for the flattest spot possible. Sometimes there aren't very many at the ranges near me, and if the only one left is directly next to you, then guess what, you've got a new neighbor. 

Colin P.

When you live in a place that is a little claustrophobic and wall to wall people, I guess it's status quo to knee jerk impose that on yourself? Human nature to group up as well. Just thinking aloud.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Go to the side of the range farthest from where you buy balls. People are inherently lazy, their need to be lazy will override their need to be next to you. ;-)

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I find a rather steady diet of beans (bean burritos, Beans & rice, black beans, red beans, pinto beans, etc...) keeps most people away from me most of the time. 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Of course, it it's a grass range and the clientele abuse the turf, sometimes there might only be a couple stalls that are any good.  Some places those might be near each other.

And it seems even those, if you have a grass line to hit off, invariably you are standing in muck.

(here I would put a gratuitous link to a "how to use the grass range" thread, but I'm heading out so no time to find it)

Bill - 

here it is...   Literally my biggest pet peeve in all of anything. 

HN9lcSZ.png

• Upvote 2

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

39 minutes ago, lastings said:

here it is...   Literally my biggest pet peeve in all of anything. 

HN9lcSZ.png

I might be imagining this, but I thought I saw something where the individual divots on the right will heal and regrow more quickly than the lines on the left.

Colin P.

25 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I might be imagining this, but I thought I saw something where the individual divots on the right will heal and regrow more quickly than the lines on the left.

maybe.  I don't know much about that.   What I do know is that if everyone operates like the person on the left, you can have like 10 people use one stall per day and all have nice grass to hit off of.  

If people are like the person on the right, one person can ruin the entire stall in an hour.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 2258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!