IGNORED

Runaway Cart

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 2310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My group all sat in disbelief this morning as we watched one of the guy's pushcarts in the group in front of us get away from him and roll into a lake! I guess he didn't set the brake or something and as he turned around to hit his pitch shot it took off down the hill and SPLASH! Poor dude had to wade out thigh high into the water to get his bag. It was pretty chilly at that time in the morning and he got to play the next 9 holes in cold wet jeans! 

I would be lying if I said we didn't all have a bit of a chuckle at his expense. Anyone ever seen something like that happen?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not a push/pull cart, but I have seen golf carts take baths before. Those were kind of entertaining. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

21 minutes ago, upndown21 said:

I would be more shocked about him wearing jeans to play golf.

More common than you might think.  Feel free to peruse the 975 posts :mellow: on the topic of dress codes for some examples: 

7 hours ago, NM Golf said:

My group all sat in disbelief this morning as we watched one of the guy's pushcarts in the group in front of us get away from him and roll into a lake! I guess he didn't set the brake or something and as he turned around to hit his pitch shot it took off down the hill and SPLASH! Poor dude had to wade out thigh high into the water to get his bag. It was pretty chilly at that time in the morning and he got to play the next 9 holes in cold wet jeans! 

I would be lying if I said we didn't all have a bit of a chuckle at his expense. Anyone ever seen something like that happen?

Usually when you see a rolling cart, you see an old guy running behind it! 

For me, it is usually just the cart tipping over.:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I watched someone's push cart roll down the hill in the parking lot once and come to a crashing stop on my work van. Didn't do any damage.

Played a round with a guy who had a remote cart. Batteries needed changing or something because on the back 9, it started acting funny. We were putting on the 18th green when it decided it wanted to play another 18 and started rolling down the first fairway. He had to go run it down because it wasn't responding to the remote. We had a good laugh about it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

This happened to me, didn't put on brakes, started rolling down hill, I ran to the cart, jumped in headfirst and hit the brakes with my hands, guess I had maybe 10 feet more before bye bye cart. In retrospect, could have been seriously hurt, but stupidly was thinking, I'm not gonna pay for this cart after it falls down a 50 foot bluff. Would have made for a great Instagram video, but that was before social media's time thank the gods. I did do a 360 to check if anyone witnessed this moment of stupidity though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This isn't quite the same thing, but sort of semi-related.   We were playing at the World Golf Village and we got paired up with a couple of guys we'd never met before, and none of us had ever played that particular course (I think it was Slammer and Squire).  We're driving along in our cart, up near a green and behind us we hear a CRASH and the guy had driven up what appeared to him to be a hill, but what he didn't know was, it was really the crest of a deep bunker.  His cart had gone head over heels into that bunker.  He was lucky he wasn't killed.  But pretty funny, nonetheless. 

Edited by Marty2019

We've had to retrieve several carts from lakes, bunkers, and the arroyo that runs through our course. We have our carts set as slow as they can go and we still have people that can't keep them under control. It's amazing what people can do to a golf cart.

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

10 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Yep.  My friend Bert Fish had hit his ball into the pond, walked up and parked his Speed Cart, pulled out his retriever and was getting his ball when the cart decided to start moving down the slope.  It hit the water and kept going, ending up about 4 feet deep (steep bank and pond bottom) before he could get to it.  We all had a good chuckle over him slipping and sliding on the steep muddy bottom.  He got the cart near enough to shore for me to grab the handle (that's me on the right and Bert in the water), and then the bag came loose from the cart still half in the water.  He and his bag were pretty drippy for a while.

i-4pVwfjX.jpg

3 hours ago, upndown21 said:

I would be more shocked about him wearing jeans to play golf.

October through March you'll see more jeans than anything else in this part of the country.  I'd guess that 60% to 75% of the players I see during the cooler time of the year will be in jeans, myself included.

Edited by Fourputt
  • Like 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

This is something that could easily happen to me. I have had a runaway push cart a couple of times, but fortunately I'm still quick enough to catch up and after serious disaster ... most of the time.

Although, thinking about it, this could be a good way to "accidently" have to get a new set of clubs...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

55 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Yep.  My friend Bert Fish had hit his ball into the pond, walked up and parked his Speed Cart, pulled out his retriever and was getting his ball when the cart decided to start moving down the slope.  It hit the water and kept going, ending up about 4 feet deep (steep bank and pond bottom) before he could get to it.  We all had a good chuckle over him slipping and sliding on the steep muddy bottom.  He got the cart near enough to shore for me to grab the handle (that's me on the right and Bert in the water), and then the bag came loose from the cart still half in the water.  He and his bag were pretty drippy for a while.

i-4pVwfjX.jpg

October through March you'll see more jeans than anything else in this part of the country.  I'd guess that 60% to 75% of the players I see during the cooler time of the year will be in jeans, myself included.

Thanks Fourputt, that made my day! 

About 10 years ago, my friend and I were playing at a muni course in northern Cal.  There was a group of 4 ladies playing in front of us.  One of the ladies had a remote controlled cart.  When her cart got near a pond on one of the holes, she panicked and pushed a wrong button and it sped up and ... Yup!  went straight into the pond.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Let me say this, people don't get in a hurry out there. Remember safety first please. I was sitting in a golf cart watching a friend of mine try to navigate his ball around a small tree. He hit the tree dead on and the bounced back toward the cart, I hit the dirt as the flew thru the cart. Our other friend was across the fairway on the ground he was laughing so hard. I was in disbelief that he hit the tree, but I guess it was pretty funny when you think about it.

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Although, thinking about it, this could be a good way to "accidently" have to get a new set of clubs...

I like the way your think!

Ouch! No, never seen that happen.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 2310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!