IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Master's Official schedule adjustment press release, 

https://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2019-04-13/finalround_tee_times_adjusted_due_to_weather.html?promo=siteAlert

They are sending people off the back and front nine. Which is interesting to hear. Would they try to make it so all the players in contention tee-off No. 1? 

I guess if I looked at the schedule tomorrow I would answer that. 😉

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html

All the hackers are going off No. 10 😉 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Ping said:

Eldrick will probably not sleep a wink tonight. He will stare at the ceiling all night knowing that tomorrow is his his only chance for a legitimate comeback. Final paring on Sunday. How long has he waited for this moment in time. If he can't close the deal tomorrow, his credibility will be gone, and the leg-humpers at the Golf Channel and cBS will scramble to bleat the usual excuses.

Tomorrow is the day Eldrick.

I doubt all of this. He's been in this position plenty of times and knows what he needs to do. As far as being his last chance, no one knows that obviously but he seems to be back to playing pretty well so I wouldn't count him out. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

@iacas I'm surprised there was no commentary on Phil's talk about 10% longer drives equating to lower scores only at Augusta National, perhaps it might be a good topic for discussion elsewhere?

Back more on topic, tomorrow should make for some great TV. It's been a long time since Tiger has been in the last tee time for a major, and I'll predict that the final round TV ratings will be much higher than we've seen in a long time for any golf event. The other guys in his pairing, Finau and Molinari, don't have quite the star power of Tiger, DJ, Koepka, Fowler etc. but they definitely are no slouches.

51 minutes ago, Ping said:

Eldrick will probably not sleep a wink tonight. He will stare at the ceiling all night knowing that tomorrow is his his only chance for a legitimate comeback. Final paring on Sunday. How long has he waited for this moment in time. If he can't close the deal tomorrow, his credibility will be gone, and the leg-humpers at the Golf Channel and cBS will scramble to bleat the usual excuses.

Tomorrow is the day Eldrick.

Hmm...I'm not the world's hugest Tiger fan either, but what you wrote is pretty mean-spirited. I can't agree with any of it, really.

The man has come back from a period of injury-induced time in the wilderness that lasted years, to be lying second in the Masters in his mid-40s. That, in and of itself, gives him remarkable credibility, not that he needed any more after an already outstanding career.

And this ain't Jack in '86, which was just a beautiful swansong that all who had the privilege to watch it sort of knew was their last glimpse of Nicklaus winning a major. Looking at Tiger this week, you feel a sense of purpose that looks to be good for another 5 years, maybe far more.

I still think the Italian will win tomorrow, but even a non-Tiger-fan would have to be a) deluded and b) rather cruel not to acknowledge the remarkable achievement his comeback already represents.

And I highly doubt a guy who has won 14 majors lies awake in bed the night before a final round, fearing his Sunday tee time, even if the last such win was 11 years ago.

Edited by ScouseJohnny
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

@iacas I'm surprised there was no commentary on Phil's talk about 10% longer drives equating to lower scores only at Augusta National, perhaps it might be a good topic for discussion elsewhere?

Back more on topic, tomorrow should make for some great TV. It's been a long time since Tiger has been in the last tee time for a major, and I'll predict that the final round TV ratings will be much higher than we've seen in a long time for any golf event. The other guys in his pairing, Finau and Molinari, don't have quite the star power of Tiger, DJ, Koepka, Fowler etc. but they definitely are no slouches.

To the first item, yeah, that surprised me (I just saw the video a minute ago).  Wow.  Either Phil quoted it wrong or Pelz doesn't understand how scoring works (probably the latter).

To the second item, I'm definitely excited too.  I got into golf '05-'06 or so, and I don't think I really appreciated how good I had it watching Tiger in those first few years of my fandom.  I plan to be more appreciative of other all-time-greats when I get the chance to see them.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Sure. But who knows what Phil is smoking there?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, Shindig said:

To the first item, yeah, that surprised me (I just saw the video a minute ago).  Wow.  Either Phil quoted it wrong or Pelz doesn't understand how scoring works (probably the latter).

To the second item, I'm definitely excited too.  I got into golf '05-'06 or so, and I don't think I really appreciated how good I had it watching Tiger in those first few years of my fandom.  I plan to be more appreciative of other all-time-greats when I get the chance to see them.

Eh, I wouldn't put it past Phil to misunderstand or manipulate what he hears from Pelz. Dave Pelz has been saying that it's best to leave the flagstick in whenever possible since 1990 (he even published results of a study he did in the December issue of GOLF magazine that year), yet Phil is one of the tour pros who likes to remove the pin the most even when he didn't have to before the rule change (for chips, pitches, and even full approach shots at times). Pelz may have monetary incentive to encourage golfers to work on their short game instead of their tee shots (which is why he likes to compare scrambling percentages to PGA pros), but most of his claims are at least not entirely untrue. He talks about how many strokes you lose out on when you miss the green compared to a tour pro, which is accurate, but he just neglects to mention that it's better to just hit more greens in the first place.

I grew up watching Tiger. I may have missed his early days since I was born in 98, but I know I was watching with regularity by the time the 2002 season rolled around when my grandpa was trying to get me involved in golf. Knowing what he did before, watching the little slump, and then seeing the 2005-2008 streaks as I was dreaming of becoming a pro someday myself means another win of his would be pretty special for me to see.

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

Problem is the guy in first looks pretty damn unflappable and is arguably the best player in the world the last 12 months. Tigers going to need a great round,  but he’s also going to need Molinari to make mistakes, and this is something that he witnessed first hand at Carnoustie last year in similar windy conditions he doesn’t really make.

But I hope Tiger can do it, but if I were a betting man, my money would be going on the Italian.

I can't imagine the golf gods letting Molinari coast by without a good thump. I mean, one bogey in three rounds at Augusta National? They must've slept in and missed this. Surely they'll come around and remind him his type of play is simply not allowed at ANGC. If it was anybody other than Tiger I would not have summoned  the gods on Molinari. Sorry, it just has to be done.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Still not sure even with the early start they’ll get this in tomorrow. We still could be in for a Monday finish. According to TWC, from 2-7 is supposed to the “storm time”. It will prolly be about 5 hour rounds tomorrow so it will be a close call getting this in before the storm hits. From the looks of what is moving in from the east, once the rain starts it’s going to be bad. You can see the storm in Mississippi now and it looks nasty.

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Wow Augusta National going against the wishes of TV and teeing off early. Never saw a major do that. Usually television has the final call with majors.

They keep CBS on a year by year contract. CBS is THEIR bitch, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

When did they start releasing the purse before the tournament?  They used to make a point to not announce the prize money until after the tournament was over because they didn't want that to be the focus, but I noticed they don't do that anymore.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

This is the first Masters I've watched in 30 years but I seem to remember them calling the 11th, 12th and 13th holes "Amen Corner" and the broadcasters would talk about how dreaded it was... I haven't heard them referred to that way this time during the broadcasts I've watched Friday and today. Has it changed of have I just missed it?

52 minutes ago, Zippo said:

This is the first Masters I've watched in 30 years but I seem to remember them calling the 11th, 12th and 13th holes "Amen Corner" and the broadcasters would talk about how dreaded it was... I haven't heard them referred to that way this time during the broadcasts I've watched Friday and today. Has it changed of have I just missed it?

I must have heard it 100 times over the last 3 days. Are you watching it in another language?? Lol

8 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Still not sure even with the early start they’ll get this in tomorrow. We still could be in for a Monday finish. According to TWC, from 2-7 is supposed to the “storm time”. It will prolly be about 5 hour rounds tomorrow so it will be a close call getting this in before the storm hits. From the looks of what is moving in from the east, once the rain starts it’s going to be bad. You can see the storm in Mississippi now and it looks nasty.

The weather I’m seeing says 30% chance of light rain late afternoon.  Maybe my weather app is all screwed up...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The weather I’m seeing says 30% chance of light rain late afternoon.  Maybe my weather app is all screwed up...

Seemingly. I see 80% at 2pm.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I got TWC app. It says 40% at 1, 50% at 2 and 95% at 3. Looking at the radar in motion, I don’t think they’re going to make it. It’s moving in quick. Hope I’m wrong on that but it’s looking ominous.

Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!