IGNORED

Walking Golfers?

Note: This thread is 1913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many dedicated walkers. I walk everywhere I'm allowed.  Luckily I belong to club that encourages it. I carry a Sunday Bag a Ping Moonlite that I only carry what I know I can get around course with management tomorrow I'm carrying a 19, 23 degree hybrid 7 iron and putter a few balls and tees.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I walk all early spring and all fall. Late spring and summer are just way too hot and humid for me to walking in this area. I’d say 70% of the golfers at my club walk. 

• Like 1

I walk most of the time, using a push cart.

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk about 85%-90% of my rounds with a trolley. 

I tend to play more consistent golf walking. 

About the only time I ride is during tournaments, and when on a golf road trip. 

Our local courses prefer that walkers ride in the triple digit hot months. They even lower the cart fees a little during those months. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I love to walk, and have recently begun to do it more consistently.  I bought a motorized trolley to move my clubs up and down the hills at my home course.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I walk almost exclusively. It’s more cost efficient for me and I find golf more enjoyable when I walk.  Glad your club encourages walking.

• Like 1

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

I walk when I can and use a push cart. I will only ride on real hilly courses or when I it very hot and I’m playing 18 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

In the Netherlands (where I live) it is common to walk and carts are more for elderly players.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

Bags: Pearl Golf Liberty Stand Bag & Titleist StaDry Cartbag

Walk whenever I can. Usually it's about December to March. After that....it gets blazing hot.😎

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

With cart fees running $14 or more at our area courses, I try to walk as often as possible.

Walking is really the biggest reason why I play the courses I do. They are reasonable flat and the tees are right near the previous hole's green.

• Like 1

I walk everywhere I can, and will select courses based on walking. I find riding in carts slower and substantially less fun.

• Like 1

I walk all the time since relocating. I use a push cart. I got a motorized one earlier this year but had to send it back for repair, so pushing again for a bit. I have walked almost exclusively for over 2 years now.  I had a power cart previously but feel walking is better for my health. I do go through more shoes, lol.  150 rounds last year

• Thumbs Up 1

Wish I could go back to walking.  Old and somewhat injured body no longer makes that possible except on a pitch and putt course.  My last course, before I could not walk any more, was a nice t somewhat rolling course of 7,700 yard in a beautiful area, very tree lined.

I miss it and hope someday my feet will improve enough to again take, in the words of Mark Twain, another "good walk spoiled".

Edited by DrMJG
  • Thumbs Up 2

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I walk with a push-cart for my clubs whenever I can.  The exception is when I'm playing Palm Springs courses in the summer, in which case I'll ride.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!