27 posts in this topic Last Reply

How many dedicated walkers. I walk everywhere I'm allowed.  Luckily I belong to club that encourages it. I carry a Sunday Bag a Ping Moonlite that I only carry what I know I can get around course with management tomorrow I'm carrying a 19, 23 degree hybrid 7 iron and putter a few balls and tees.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I walk all early spring and all fall. Late spring and summer are just way too hot and humid for me to walking in this area. I’d say 70% of the golfers at my club walk. 

I walk about 85%-90% of my rounds with a trolley. 

I tend to play more consistent golf walking. 

About the only time I ride is during tournaments, and when on a golf road trip. 

Our local courses prefer that walkers ride in the triple digit hot months. They even lower the cart fees a little during those months. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love to walk, and have recently begun to do it more consistently.  I bought a motorized trolley to move my clubs up and down the hills at my home course.

I walk almost exclusively. It’s more cost efficient for me and I find golf more enjoyable when I walk.  Glad your club encourages walking.

I walk when I can and use a push cart. I will only ride on real hilly courses or when I it very hot and I’m playing 18 

In the Netherlands (where I live) it is common to walk and carts are more for elderly players.

Walk whenever I can. Usually it's about December to March. After that....it gets blazing hot.😎

With cart fees running $14 or more at our area courses, I try to walk as often as possible.

Walking is really the biggest reason why I play the courses I do. They are reasonable flat and the tees are right near the previous hole's green.

I walk everywhere I can, and will select courses based on walking. I find riding in carts slower and substantially less fun.

I walk all the time since relocating. I use a push cart. I got a motorized one earlier this year but had to send it back for repair, so pushing again for a bit. I have walked almost exclusively for over 2 years now.  I had a power cart previously but feel walking is better for my health. I do go through more shoes, lol.  150 rounds last year

I always walk with my push cart. I hate when i´m forced to ride a cart on certain courses.

Wish I could go back to walking.  Old and somewhat injured body no longer makes that possible except on a pitch and putt course.  My last course, before I could not walk any more, was a nice t somewhat rolling course of 7,700 yard in a beautiful area, very tree lined.

I miss it and hope someday my feet will improve enough to again take, in the words of Mark Twain, another "good walk spoiled".

Edited by DrMJG

I walk with a push-cart for my clubs whenever I can.  The exception is when I'm playing Palm Springs courses in the summer, in which case I'll ride.