IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Awesome drill, ive been doing the full swings and yesterday was really good for    me. I don't know how to do the YouTube, im lucky I can FaceTime the grandkid, but chipping and pitching is something I really need. Thanks. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Completed Day 3, spent a little extra time on these drills this weekend.

Catching up with Day 4, 5, & 6 today (outside of a few hours of work Saturday, tried to stay away from my laptop this weekend).  Hoping to get down to a course in VA this afternoon to practice/play. 

Gus
---------------

I’ll have to keep working on this one. Added the same drill with a dime and ball.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’ll have to keep working on this one. Added the same drill with a dime and ball.

It's not easy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

This is where video will really help us to help you. You should definitely not be hitting these fat.

Yeah, I really need to prioritize getting my video station functional again.

I'm moving this task up to #1 on my to-do list (might annoy my wife, as I am supposed to be repainting the bedrooms and bathroom in my spare time). I was planning on doing it over the weekend, but the weather didn't cooperate. Today is the last day of rain forecast in the area, so that bodes well.

My instructor highly encouraged that I record my practice during the shelter-in-place period and send her video using an app called HUDL, so the value is not lost on me, I'm just being lazy lately. Hope to have this setup by middle of this week.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6. The dime drill was pretty tough. Took me like 5-10 attempts before I even did one successfully. Did that for a few minutes then hit some real balls using my 54 degree. My landing spot was about 6-7 yards away and I was fairly consistent in hitting my landing spot which was a ~3 foot circle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Did this for about ten minutes.  Started with two dimes, but I lost the target dime in the yard.  Can't wait to find that with the lawnmower!  Started using a ball, and was highly successful.  Hit the back dime once, and it popped straight up, which means I clipped it with the bounce of my wedge. 

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 6:

This was stupid hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I just finished my work on day 5. Sorry I am slow. Here is my video from my session.

These videos are great @iacas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Michael

Day 6 - done. No video today. Love this drill. Did it a lot when working on Low Point Control (LSW/5SK #3), but this was a good refresher. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Did the day 6 drill this morning but used a dime sized marker at the back and a ball.  Went very well and I only clipped the marker a couple of times.  Then I went out and got 9 holes in as my course decided to open for 9 hole rounds today.  My chipping was pretty good too. 

Got caught up with day 4, 5, & 6 today at the range, didn't have dimes so I had to cheat with ball markers, still a tough drill.  And worked on Day 3 drills a little more.

Was great to get outside today, was really nice out.  I feel like i'm getting the club back where it's supposed to be in the backswing when I take it nice and slow (at least from previous positions), but still think my lack of executing the initial downswing (weight shift, rotation, etc) correctly is causing all of my inconsistency.  Looking forward to those drills...

Edited by JGus
Added text

Gus
---------------

Day 6 practice, my old nemesis!!! 
*I live in an apartment with a roommate, and I thought it wood be rude of me to bang the floor with the club and send dimes across the room. I went to the park and put a plastic tee about 1 club width behind the ball. 

Edited by saevel25
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Revisiting Day 6:

Remembered a feel from last year that helped with my chipping contact so I filmed it. Seemed to be a moderate improvement over what I did this afternoon.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Great drill - its one I've read about many, many times.  You guys are right - it is not easy!  I definitely got my 5 mins in about 10 times!  I would work through it, video it and then delete the video when I would see me "flipping" the wrists.  I can recall some of my very first videos from about 18mos back and I would see the same wrist action happening.  I think I watched Erik's video 3 or 4 times, pausing it to garner each step.  This video was my last attempt for the day to capture me focusing extensively on post-impact form.  BTW - one thing about an aluminum garage door, dimes make a certain "ting" sound when struck well, they also make the same "whir" that a Birdie Ball makes (or maybe that was the swing thoughts running rampant)....

I also forgot to mention that I loved the tidbit that @iacas shared with his right foot.  I found that by having the outer edge of my right up as he noted, helped make sure I wasn't rolling back onto that foot.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

This drill is something I desperately need. I was taught the old technique that @iacas talks about at the beginning of the video. And it's been screwing me up ever since. I've known that technique is not ideal for a long time now, but I've never really settled on a different technique. I've played around a lot. It's not been good. Anyways, I did the drill and immediately took coins up to my office so I can do this drill while I'm on conference calls. 

You're welcome for the glimpse at my house and all the baby crap lying about.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!