IGNORED

What Are Your Winter Goals?

Themightyoz
Note: This thread is 1282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

his year my goal was to get a better sense of what impact is and to work with my new coach to get more consistent strikes. I think I've done both of those things and my scores have come down quite a bit and I have dropped 4 shots off my hcp.

Here are my winter goals:
1. Nutrition, time to take control of what I eat to get in the best possible shape

2. Fitness. Need to get stronger so that I have more endurance and better coordination.

3. Review and refine each part of my swing.

Takeaway
Backswing
Transition
Centredness of Strike
Angle of Attack
Weight Transfer
Follow Through.

4. Spend a lot of time working on short game. 70% of the winter practice.

I feel like I'm on the verge of breaking the barrier in my game and getting in the mid 90s to high 80s if I can get that short game down to a wedge shot and 2 putts.

What are your goals?

Edited by Themightyoz

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Winter time out here in the desert is great practice weather. Never too hot, and never too cold....most of the time. 

I will continue to practice various shots when ever possible. By that I mean shots I encounter when playing. 

A lot of my practice time will be devoted to 100 yards, and closer to greens. Probably 80%-90%, which would also include putting.

Part of my putting, and chipping practice would also involve green reading. 

I won't neglect my tee, and fairway game, but those two aspects of my game are as good as they are going to get. Just no need to spend much practice time on them.

In my golf reality, a lot of my practice time, in addition to various shots/conditions, is mainly geared to just staying in golf playing shape.

For me,doing battle with "father time" is fun. It's a losing battle, but being able to slow it down a little is a significant win for me. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Find a place to practice without paying a lot of money. I wonder if the PGA Superstore will make its indoor stalls available. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I want to work on my slice off the tee and try to increase by carry distance. Also improve my flexibility by doing more stretching and resistance training.

Work on: 1) accuracy with approach shots - i have way too many nGIRs, and need to tighten dispersal. My miss is slightly left or slightly right or slightly long or slightly short if I catch it a little heavy; 2) continue working with my driver to hit it straighter.

Those are where I will get maximum strokes gained next year. I have a heated range available unless it's too windy and rainy.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I plan on doing a lot of work on mobility, flexibility, and strength. I believe we have a dome to hit in a couple of towns away so I hope to do that at least a couple of times monthly so I don't lose this swing that finally seems to be working.My shot dispersion, yardage gaps, and short game have all been getting much better so I hope to continue that trend. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I haven't thought about it yet because I'm not a fan of the cold and in NY, winters can get very cold.

However, at this point, I'm hoping I'll find the motivation to at least do some indoor mirror practice.

• Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• iacas changed the title to What Are Your Winter Goals?

My goal for this winter is to come up with a better mud kit than I currently have.  Winter golf, around here, means playing in the slop.  The problem is staying reasonably dry without over-heating.  I'm thinking knickers and gaiters (with apologies to those in the U.K.) as an option.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Haven’t made any. I’ve kind of laid up my sticks early this year. Haven’t had much desire to practice or play lately. Only two rounds in the past six weeks or so.

The only thing I need to make myself do is get back into a normal fitness routine now that gyms are open again.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm building a simulator in my garage.  It's about 40% done, although I still haven't ordered my Skytrak yet.   Aside from practicing with that, I want to do a lot more yoga this winter.

• Like 1

Corey

I have not thought about it yet since it depends on whether there is a ski season. If ski season is a go, then I move up to the mountains to ski from Dec-April and I’d only be putting in my living room and just swinging my driver around like I did last year. If there is no ski season, then I’d be playing golf and likely take a few lessons. I only need to keep my driver going and I will be able to start next season right after skiing ends. 

9 hours ago, billchao said:

Haven’t made any. I’ve kind of laid up my sticks early this year. Haven’t had much desire to practice or play lately. Only two rounds in the past six weeks or so.

The only thing I need to make myself do is get back into a normal fitness routine now that gyms are open again.

When you get injured, your desire to play increases ten fold .😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

When you get injured, your desire to play increases ten fold .😀

I’ve been getting into auto mechanics lately 😉

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

28 minutes ago, billchao said:

I’ve been getting into auto mechanics lately 😉

Um, the tasks or the people?😀

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The PGA Superstore practice bays is first come first serve, at least around here. Will have to see what that entails. Will be working on the full swing as always, Key #4 and 5 mostly. Need to figure out how to feel like I'm on the course, at the range.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 1282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!