IGNORED

Golf Wife?

chicub15
Note: This thread is 1218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf wife?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Assume you're able to "Weird Science" your significant other and can choose only one of the following traits- which are you going with?

• She loves golf and plays with you frequently, but she despises your favorite sport (other than golf)
    • She loves your favorite sport (other than golf) but despises all things golf
    • I plead the fifth due to fear of my wife

Assume you're able to "Weird Science" your significant other and can choose only one of the following traits- which are you going with?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Golf Wife?
  • Administrator

I chose the last answer because… I don’t really understand the “other sport” stuff. I love hockey, football, soccer… F1. My wife couldn’t care less about any of those.

But I also don’t really care if she plays a lot of golf. It’s fine by me that she doesn’t, really.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I chose the third answer. My wife plays golf, but doesn’t love it like I do.  She likes the other sports I like too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Well, I don’t have a wife yet 😂. But I WILL say this. There’s this girl that I really like, and she’s showing a decent level of interest in golf. I suggested she come to TopGolf with me one day, just for something fun. She said she would, but she would also like to actually play. Don’t know when we’re gonna play (probably when it warms up again in the spring), but I think she’ll enjoy it.

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I didn't select any of the responses.  My wife loves to play golf, plays regularly with me, plays plenty on her own or with other people.  I have freedom to play with my own buddies when I want, go on golf trips with them.  She likes to watch hockey, and doesn't mind at all watching football and baseball.  So with the golf and other sports stuff, I don't know how much better I could have it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

32 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

Well, I don’t have a wife yet 😂. But I WILL say this. There’s this girl that I really like, and she’s showing a decent level of interest in golf. I suggested she come to TopGolf with me one day, just for something fun. She said she would, but she would also like to actually play. Don’t know when we’re gonna play (probably when it warms up again in the spring), but I think she’ll enjoy it.

Don't get your hopes up.  Women do a lot of things to attract a mate.  The only way to know if she is into golf for real, and not just to get a mate, is if she goes and plays on her own.  My wife and I have been a couple since 2006.  She has never went to play golf on her own or with just her and her friends.  She will only go if I ask her to.  I've tried getting her to play and take it up as a hobby, but I think she only got into it because I liked it, and she wanted to do something together.  She doesn't practice or even touch her clubs.  It's like pulling teeth to get her to come out.  Now, if we go somewhere on a trip and I take my clubs, she wants to ride in the cart with me and watch.  To her credit, she was walked and rode many times with me, but she doesn't play! 

I think now that the kids are starting to show an interest in it, especially my daughter who hits on the sim with me some, she's starting to show an interest again.  In fact, once I built the golf tent for the simulator room, she came out in pretty cold weather and hit balls for a good long while.  She had a nice push draw going too!  

• Like 1

When I met my wife, she quickly learned of my devotion to the game. For first couple years, she wanted it to be my thing. Recently, she has taken an interest in wanting to try it. Either way is good by me. Would be fun as a family with our kid to go golf. But, either way, I’ll have my time with the game. 

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

My husband and I learned golf together and we both love it. We play together every weekend during April-November. For the winter months, we ski every weekend together. There’s no time for anything else. Vacations we take are almost all golf/ski related. 
My husband has a very demanding job so he only has time on weekends. But I golf/ski during the week on my own/with friends. There were a few times he couldn’t play or ski due to injuries but he’d still ride the rounds with me or take me to the mountain and wait at the lodge. 
I don’t watch sports on tv with him because I usually have other things to do in the house. 
We have been together for 25 years, married for 17 and we haven’t gotten tired of each other yet. 

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat as Dave.
We golf together often, go to sporting events together and it's all about the grand children
when it comes to sports and sporting activities.

I did vote for "Other"

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

My wife tried golf in college and hated it.   When we first got married, she wanted all of my attention.   Now it's: "When are you leaving to golf, I need some "me" time".   She's a trouper.   She encourages me to golf, even take golf trips with my friends.   This past fall I was hiking in Utah and she said 3 weeks was a little too long.   

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

11 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

My wife tried golf in college and hated it.   When we first got married, she wanted all of my attention.   Now it's: "When are you leaving to golf, I need some "me" time".   She's a trouper.   She encourages me to golf, even take golf trips with my friends.   This past fall I was hiking in Utah and she said 3 weeks was a little too long.   

So you're the guy who put the monolith there...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I wish my wife played golf. It's just about the only thing we don't do together, and it would mean me playing a lot more, and not feeling badly about being away from her

I don't really have any other hobbies.

• Like 1

Colin P.

My significant other encourages me to play as much as I want. She apparently enjoys her alone time. We spend plenty of time together and when we do, I really spoil her.  She doesn't despise golf, but she does despise TV golf and will pull up a show on her laptop when its on. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

D. My wife is my favorite and most frequent golf partner. We have golfed on most of our trips, and have gone to college and pro football, baseball and basketball games, NHL, and cricket games together. Glad to see a couple other guys enjoy the blessings. She does not like to shop and does not want a pet. I’m a happy guy. 

• Like 3

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I'll vote in the poll if you add the answer "I will take my wife just the way she is."

My wife will watch golf with me on TV and has gone to The Memorial with me quite a few times. She still comments on Camillo's guns. She was quite smitten. When we got married, she knew nothing about golf, football, or hockey other than the cheers that she used to perform in high school, but I'm afraid that I created a monster with both her and my son. I could care less about football these days, but those two faithfully put on their jerseys and yell at the TV on Sunday afternoons. My daughter works at Young's Jersey Dairy             where they have a putt putt course and driving range. She will sometimes hit some golf balls if we are there having ice cream, and she will make contact 1 out of 3 attempts. It's not her thing, and it would cost a small fortune in lessons to get her a functional swing. It's OK. We have plenty of other activities that we do together.

• Like 2

- Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Like many others, I took the 3rd option, because none of them really fit. 
My wife plays golf. She likes it. She and I have golfed tons of times together. She is my favorite person to play golf with. I usually play some of my better rounds when I'm with her. We've also played in couples leagues together. We've each played golf without the other one many times as well. We've both had our ups and downs in terms of handicaps. We've also watched many golf events, we've been to many golf events including a Women's US Open. 

My wife also likes other sports. She knows baseball better than I do. We'll watch football, basketball, volleyball etc... together. I have a deeper knowledge of football, she has a deeper knowledge of baseball. Neither of us really care too much about sports, but we enjoy them. We follow them. We've been to many baseball games together. When we lived in Chicago we really enjoyed going to White Sox games. We would go to 20 or so games each season. Our first date was a baseball game. We've also been to football games, basketball games, and volleyball games together. Pro and college it doesn't really matter.

Back 20-30 years ago when we were young with no kids, we played a lot of rec-league softball. We've done bowling leagues, golf leagues, rec-league volleyball, rec-league basketball etc. My wife is like 1/2 my size but she's way more coordinated than I am. She has naturally good balance, and rhythm. She is a good athlete. I was blessed with none of these gifts. I stay fit and that's all I got. So, I guess if I was going to "Weird Science" my wife I guess I'd just make us BOTH younger? What I'd really like to do is "Weird Science" me. I'd like to make me more coordinated, with better balance and better rhythm. 

BTW - Having the name Chet means that Weird Science is kind of an annoying movie for me. Used to be I'd introduce myself. "Hi, my name is Chet." Inevitably I'd get "Like Chet from Weird Science?" ... Ahh, Bill Paxton, may he rest in peace. Anyway, less and less of that these days, but it still occasionally happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

We've been married 41 years and ive always enjoyed some thing that she doesn't and same for her. We both love to do things together but its refreshing to have a little time for yourself and same for her. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!