IGNORED

DeChambeau's Caddy Quit

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 1038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just saw this pop up and figured some people might be interested. Article says Tucker was with him in Detroit. 

76cef4badcbdc7dcfee5ed312d3214bb

Bryson DeChambeau will have a different caddie on the bag this week, and not by choice, as Tim Tucker has reportedly quit.

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Eh, aside from the fact that anything in the Dechambeau orbit is under a microscope, I'm not sure this is particularly newsworthy. I have to imagine that Bryson is a pretty hard guy to caddy for, as he is likely one of the more hard-headed/self-assured guys out there. 

Perhaps there is something more explosive to the sudden decision, or perhaps they just had an honest conversation and decided the relationship had run it's course. 

• iacas changed the title to DeChambeau's Caddy Quit

"Cobra equipment representative Ben Schomin confirmed to Golfweek that he will serve as DeChambeau’s caddie this week. Schomin’s only previous caddying experience on the PGA Tour was for former Golf Channel personality Holly Sonders."

Holly Sonders played on the PGA Tour?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Eh, aside from the fact that anything in the Dechambeau orbit is under a microscope, I'm not sure this is particularly newsworthy. I have to imagine that Bryson is a pretty hard guy to caddy for, as he is likely one of the more hard-headed/self-assured guys out there. 

Perhaps there is something more explosive to the sudden decision, or perhaps they just had an honest conversation and decided the relationship had run it's course. 

Yeah I agree. Maybe within the tour it’s talked about. But for the vast majority of players I don’t know anything about their caddies nor do I care.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Good grief.  It could slow him down even more.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Koepka greased his hands to up the ante on The Feud. 😜

He acted pretty fast:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

He acted pretty fast:

That's funny. I guess couldn't pass up the opportunity.. I wouldn't. Lol.

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

He acted pretty fast:

The Feud may get more fodder now, but it’s really not that newsworthy. It’s not Steve Williams and Tiger parting ways. It’s that Single Length Irons Guy and his weird approach to golf.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Rumor had it that they were laughing and joking yesterday. Today he quits. Rumor has it also that they went separate paths 4 years ago, too, so who knows. Maybe just one of those spats. Not that I'm a caddying type but, if'n I were, pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy caddying for Bryson. Hard enough just watching his swing on TV.

2 hours ago, Archie Bunker said:

Caddy probably couldn't handle all the calculus and computations required. 

Keeping a straight face whilst doing it would be the challenge.

• Funny 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

Rumor had it that they were laughing and joking yesterday. Today he quits. Rumor has it also that they went separate paths 4 years ago, too, so who knows. Maybe just one of those spats. Not that I'm a caddying type but, if'n I were, pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy caddying for Bryson. Hard enough just watching his swing on TV.

And also the pay rate!  On days where Bryson shoots over par, his caddie earns under minimum wage, when you account for how long each of Bryson's shots takes. ;-)  

• Funny 2

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

12 hours ago, Archie Bunker said:

Caddy probably couldn't handle all the calculus and computations required. 

Don't recall where I read it, but someone said Tucker was one of the more analytical caddies out there and one of few to match Bryson on those kind of things.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

55 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Don't recall where I read it, but someone said Tucker was one of the more analytical caddies out there and one of few to match Bryson on those kind of things.

I can only imagine how much of their  on course talk was pure bs.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I can only imagine how much of their  on course talk was pure bs.

Natural 29, low air density.

26 air density. OK.

• Funny 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

14 hours ago, Shorty said:

Natural 29, low air density.

26 air density. OK.

It was having to get a wet bulb temperature and read psychometric charts for every shot that really did him in.😜

777E8819-133A-4C46-AFEE-5DBA645591EA.jpeg

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 7/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, Shorty said:

Keeping a straight face whilst doing it would be the challenge.

And for the times you fail, just hope you're not in the camera shot. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 1038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!