IGNORED

2022 Masters

iacas
Note: This thread is 765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Brock said:

Cinematic shallow-depth-of-field cameras. Masters and PGA had them last year. 

So I'm reading they did this to distract from the empty stands in stadiums and such. Even with the patrons in the background at the Masters, it looks pretty cool.

You sent me down a shallow depth of field rathole, @Brock, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

But you get the gist of what I'm saying right? The focus at certain parts of the broadcast looks - like what you mentioned. Bokeh. It looks... kind of surreal.

Yes, it's just a shallow depth of field. The NFL broadcasts have been using them for awhile.

The focal length/aperture is the f-stop, so when you have a really small aperture and a really long focal length, you get something like f/16 or f/22 or whatever., which has a very wide depth of field.

If the focal length of your camera is 1200mm, and your aperture is only 30mm… that's f/40.

Shallow depths of field occur at wide apertures (low f-numbers).

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

So I'm reading they did this to distract from the empty stands in stadiums and such. Even with the patrons in the background at the Masters, it looks pretty cool.

Like I said, the NFL broadcasts have been doing it a bit, lately, too. It's more cinematic for sure.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:19 AM, iacas said:

Deal

Woooo! I'll buy my kiddo something nice with the proceeds.

Thanks, @Big C.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

F’n Keopka. Painful to watch him struggle with the putter all round. 

Dammit. Wrong tread belongs in 2022 Masters

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

F’n Keopka. Painful to watch him struggle with the putter all round. 

Dammit. Wrong tread belongs in 2022 Masters

Koepka is not quite the same guy from 3-4 years ago, that's for sure. Time will tell if he can find a way back to that amazing level of performance. We know he has some incredible talent in every aspect of the game. 

Edited by Dr. Manhattan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scottie Scheffler playing a different course than the rest. Likable player. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

9 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Koepka is not quite the same guy from 3-4 years ago, that's for sure. Time will tell if he can find a way back to that amazing level of performance. We know he has some incredible talent in every aspect of the game. 

I think he’s just like so many others. They get a hot streak and then fade. Spieth, Watson, Simpson, Fowler ( good finishes not wins). It’s damn near the norm for this to happen. The question is will they get another streak? I think that’s what separates the real champions from the one and done types.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Playing hooky from work for a couple of hours this morning. Open the browser on my living room tv to the masters livestream, select featured groups, play.

Big screen, the tech is working, coffee. Nice.  

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

3 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Scottie Scheffler playing a different course than the rest. Likable player. 

Looks like he's always happy, never gets mad. Attitude like this always pleases the crowd. Others never seem to look happy. 

The fourth is some hole today. 240, into the wind and cold. 3 and 5 woods off the tee.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Also, didn't know that Tigs is now older than Jack was when Jack won in '86

Sheeesh I guess we're all gonna die someday

Colin P.

12 minutes ago, colin007 said:

4 putt. I have no words

Driving it like a champ, then four putts. That’s demoralizing. Didn’t have a three-putt the first two rounds I think they said.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

39 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Driving it like a champ, then four putts. That’s demoralizing. Didn’t have a three-putt the first two rounds I think they said.

Yup. At one point he had hit 12 of 14 fairways

Colin P.

I just learned that Scheffler reached #1 only 42 days after winning his first PGA or European tournament.

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think he’s just like so many others. They get a hot streak and then fade. Spieth, Watson, Simpson, Fowler ( good finishes not wins). It’s damn near the norm for this to happen. The question is will they get another streak? I think that’s what separates the real champions from the one and done types.

Scheffler sure has a win streak going. And, the way he’s playing, he’s looking to add another. 

Schwartzel just made it a little more interesting. What a great shot. Still Scheffler's tournament to lose, though. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Note: This thread is 765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!