IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiny drop from 16.6 to 16.4. Barely any rounds able to be posted in the past two weeks. 2 9 hole rounds and 1 18 hole round is all that I had a chance to post. Shouldn't take much to get it to drop a little more. I would really really like to break into the 15's before the end of the year and it's definitely in sight.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dropped a paltry 0.2 to 6.0

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Stayed at 7.6.   if I go down 2/10 more I max at double on my home course.   You would not believe how many people want that so that they don't risk a 7 on a par 3.  Three of the six par 3s definitely can bring 7 into play.  (27 hole complex)

—Adam

I'm at the lowest I've ever been as I dropped to 10.9 at the last revision.  I still don't think I'll hold this number when the 77 from a while ago drops off (it was a combined score of two front nine scores and the front nine is rated much harder than the shorter back nine on my home course).  However, I have posted another 78 since I broke 80 a little while ago so while my bad days end up in the mid to upper 80s my good days seem to be getting better.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

I think I may finally pull the trigger and start keeping an actual handicap next year instead of just guesstimating lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

15.2, up a fraction.   I'm a bit disappointed that my HI got stuck between high 14 & low 15 range for a few months. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

As a regular "net" tournament player, a decreasing index is not necessarily desirable. Fortunately, the 20th differential is the best of my last 20 so once I get an additional round in, the index probably will be headed in the right direction (Up!).

Brian Kuehn

Slight bump to 12.0 from 11.9 but only one round posted since previous revision. Wish I could get out more often!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Haven't posted enough scores in 2016 to move. Everything is alone or messing around with friends. I doubt I'll play a round I can post before our season ends. Pretty sure the last time I posted a round was in May maybe early June.

Dave :-)

Ticked up for the first time...a whopping .1 to 12.5.  Trend was down to 12.0 until posting a 92 last weekend on a day where nothing felt right except the flat stick, but tomorrow is a new round.  

- Bill

Index dropped from 5.7 to 5.2. Played 16 rounds in the month of August. 

Have 4 rounds planned this weekend with perfect weather in the forecast. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

On 7/25/2013 at 6:13 AM, David in FL said:

Having said that, a couple of questions.

-  Is the handicap as shown in your profile current .....say at least within the last 2 15-day revisions?

-  Is it correct and "official", or some form of guess/estimate/self-calculation?

-  If it's not current, correct, and official, why not?

-  If it's not correct and official, do you know how a handicap is actually calculated?  How are you calculating yours?

Just to start....  Probably no surprise since I started the thread, but mine is correct, official, and current.  I try to remember to update with each revision if there's a change.  Unfortunately, it went up .2 on the 15th. :-(

I still don't have an official handicap, the 20? is a joke.

At first I didn't get a handicap because I was new to the game and didn't need a number to tell me I was bad.  I think I'm good enough to warrant getting a handicap now but I still don't have one for a few reasons.  1.)  I'll be moving again next spring and don't want to start the handicap process until I am moved and settled down.  2.)  I play 99% of my rounds solo and to officially record rounds I think you need a playing partner.  3.)  I don't have a team to enter tournaments with.

I should be calculating an unofficial handicap anyway but I'm mostly just lazy.  According to a free calculator on the web and estimating a typical round at the course I play the most it says I have a handicap of about 14.

Massive drop in the index this revision.... 0.1. Now a proud 13.8 :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 9/1/2016 at 10:49 AM, Slice of Life said:

I think I may finally pull the trigger and start keeping an actual handicap next year instead of just guesstimating lol

I'm thinking this may be me too.   I've improved so much this year that it would be hard to guesstimate my handicap anymore.   Tuesday I shot an 40/42 but today shot a 48/36.  Go figure.  This retirement stuff is to my liking! 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!