IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

We've had a pretty mild winter in Denver so far, but it's been an annoying one. For the second week in a row, it's going to snow on the weekend. We've also been getting a shot of cold air and some snow pretty much every week...

That's why there are so many ski areas in Colorado.  Take a pair of those old 2-irons you don't use anymore to Breckenridge and use 'em as ski poles.  :)

32 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That's why there are so many ski areas in Colorado.  Take a pair of those old 2-irons you don't use anymore to Breckenridge and use 'em as ski poles.  :)

Well, with a 2 year old at home, it's difficult (and super expensive) to ski much. Getting out to the range or playing 9 while he naps is much easier.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh.  Snow just in time to ruin my weekend tee time.  It's getting old having snow on or just prior to the weekend to ruin my tee time.  Week-in-and-week-out.  It's been lousy winter in CO as @DeadMan says.  It seems whenever I am back in CO for a few weeks, courses are closed due to recent snow or snow that hasn't melted yet.  Very unusual for CO area to have the courses closed on som many weekends in a row.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

This being our first snowbird year has completely cured my winter depression.  For me, sitting in Montana thinking about fly fishing and golf is simply tough to bear.  Down here, golf is primary and fishing secondary - but once we're back home in April, that changes.

• Like 1

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

This snow on or near the weekend is getting really old.

I had tee times for Saturday and Sunday as all of the courses were open.  Then boom!  Last night it snowed.  Just enough so that the courses won't be open until ... you guessed it.  After the weekend is over.  Ugh!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Its getting warm enough here to golf but it wont stop raining and the ground is soaked right now. Hopefully in a week or so it dries up enough to get out.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Weather has been erratic up here, but generally mild especially the past few weeks. I've been hitting the range (outdoor, but covered) almost every week for the past month or so. Even been out there while it's snowing. First time I've continued practicing in the winter, typically stop from November to May or June. 

Even if it's 30 degrees, never realized that with enough layers it's still tolerable. Likely going back to the range tomorrow, going to be in the 30s but still worth it, for sure.

10 hours ago, klineka said:

Its getting warm enough here to golf but it wont stop raining and the ground is soaked right now. Hopefully in a week or so it dries up enough to get out.

We did that few weeks back and got it out of our systems! Being as we got 3/4 of an inch of rain yesterday, we won't be trying that again soon!

12 hours ago, Yukari said:

This snow on or near the weekend is getting really old.

I had tee times for Saturday and Sunday as all of the courses were open.  Then boom!  Last night it snowed.  Just enough so that the courses won't be open until ... you guessed it.  After the weekend is over.  Ugh!

I think you might be able to find an open course tomorrow, but some will definitely be open Sunday. But yeah, it was supposed to be a trace, and we got a bit more than that at my house. I was hoping to get out tomorrow and play 9, but that probably won't happen.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

We had some pretty warm weather the last couple of days, with yesterday hitting 60° and I saw a bunch of people playing on a course I drove past. It's probably like playing on a sponge out there - not my cup of tea.

I took my son out skating (as I do every Thursday); it's a lot of fun to skate in warm weather.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

22 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It’s nice and warm today, but way too windy and soggy. 

The advanced actually says that it is never going to get cold again, but we'll be under 8 feet of water by Sunday.

12 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

The advanced actually says that it is never going to get cold again, but we'll be under 8 feet of water by Sunday.

I’m thinking I should build an arc. 

• Like 1

- Shane

It's almost 70 out and I can't do any golf stuff because I have a migraine. How depressing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Played ten rounds this past week in FLA and driving back to the frozen tundra. My clubs may not feel the turf again this month, with the forecast. :cry:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I grabbed my putter and a few balls and headed to the local muni. There was a lot people out playing, but the greens were very shaggy. Another reason to be depressed. Even though it is finally warm enough to play, the course is horrid. 

- Shane