IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

4 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

True, but it still sucks.

Does all this precipitation make for delayed course openings?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Does all this precipitation make for delayed course openings?

Our course will be closed until the snow goes away, for sure.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On the bright side, I'm not working today. Not sure about tomorrow, will see how much shoveling I have to do.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The recent snows were heavier, more water. Gotta protect the back - shovel carefully.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

The recent snows were heavier, more water. Gotta protect the back - shovel carefully.

I just went out and shoveled around the vehicles, the wet snow has been melting and making a pond beside the cars.  Had to make a path for the water to drain away.  It was almost up over my shoes.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

20 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Welcome to the site @Psavage74.

Damn, 6-10? You folks in the Northeast are getting hammered this year.

We're only supposed to get a dusting....:whistle:

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Metro NYC, on the whole, this winter hasn't been too bad in terms of snow and low temps, other areas (Erie, cough cough) might say otherwise.

Steve

A long standing tradition around here is the St. Patrick's Day blizzard! This wasn't exactly that, 5" of snow here, but some counties south of us got 9"+. So I guess it was for them!

Preferred outdoor range is finally open. No more below freezing overnights.

Spring (real spring) is coming.

Steve

35 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

:dance: :dance:

But we've had 2 weeks of rain and cold temps.
Think I'm becoming "Spring Depressed"  :hmm:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Been going to the range all winter, something I've never done. Swing is feeling great. Weather is starting to look more optimistic, golf season is finally approaching.

Annnnnd I break my ankle playing hockey and will be out at a minimum until June. Very sad. 

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Preferred outdoor range is finally open. No more below freezing overnights.

Don't jinx it Steve!:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, BaconNEggs said:

Been going to the range all winter, something I've never done. Swing is feeling great. Weather is starting to look more optimistic, golf season is finally approaching.

Annnnnd I break my ankle playing hockey and will be out at a minimum until June. Very sad. 

Oh man, what a drag. So sorry to hear but be careful you don't try too much too soon. 

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

Its really starting to drag now. Lots of talk in the Prairies that we will miss the normal opening range by 3 weeks which is a decent chunk of one of the worlds shortest golf seasons?

Golf Canadas active season for the area is April 15th and its still -15ish today Cel (-4 Fahrenheit)

Edited by cutchemist42

15 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Its really starting to drag now. Lots of talk in the Prairies that we will miss the normal opening range by 3 weeks which is a decent chunk of one of the worlds shortest golf seasons?

Golf Canadas active season for the area is April 15th and its still -15ish today Cel (-4 Fahrenheit)

It snowed a bit today. I think late April is more likely now.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I awoke yesterday to a 2" blanket of snow! Today we had temps in the 60's, accompanied by a deluge! A line of thunderstorms just blasted through. Now the cold front will slide through and the rain will turn back into snow tomorrow! Oh, joy!

Just saw a weather update on the TV. Turns out the t-storms that went through aren't our last! Another line of them is out there and heading our way! How lovely!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

We had rain, hail and snow today in mid-Michigan.   I'm not feeling the love from Spring.    Accuweather is saying that the third week in April should be good.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

Accuweather is saying that the third week in April should be good.

And that's the plan.

I'm not going to get a chance to sniff a golf ball for the next two weeks. Plenty of time for this stuff to sort itself out.