IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Not really golf but thank goodness we don't ever have to dress like this to play.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes to global warming (if it's real) !

No to the 4th wettest year on record (2018) in the Philadelphia area.  The greens on my home club were nearly destroyed by the wetness this past year.

Yes to how inexpensive condos are in Myrtle Beach!  The days are warmer and longer in the winter than the NE, and flights aren't crazy expensive!

My game has improved here because of my MB winter trips.  Get out there!

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

Central Wisconsin golf usually ends around Halloween, and doesn't reopen until early April, usually around the date of The Masters. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a website or a listing of open golf courses. If we get a warmup in the Midwest, I would imagine some courses might open up in Central Illinios. Instead of getting on the phone and calling courses, it would be nice if there was a place listing open courses by state or region. I've looked at Golfnow.com and other Tee Time sites to see if anyone's open, but usually the courses are closed anyway, and they just forgot to remove their Tee Time Listings. It would be a nice if there was a resource to check quickly. if it warms up, I'd drive four hours to get in a winter round.

What a difference a day makes! Tuesday was in the low 60's with howling winds, the occasional thunderstorm, and even a tornado! Wednesday was 28 degrees with lake effect snow showers. Welcome to January in NE Ohio! 

6-8inches of snow last night and 4-6 more coming today.  Counting the days til spring.  

Edited by Wanzo

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

With almost a foot of fresh powder today, figured it would be a great day to play my "Home Hole"

First time I ever had a "Snow in ONE" in fact, I Snowed Out every shot....  😁

Home Hole.jpg

O'well, maybe I can finish the round before the Chief's game today.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Hit balls into my net today. It was 26F, a new low!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That is why God invented Florida and Southern California.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That is why God invented Florida and Southern California.

I’ll remember that in July when it’s 100F 98%RH in Florida and SoCal is on fire. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, Wanzo said:

6-8inches of snow last night and 4-6 more coming today.  Counting the days til spring.  

Send it north.   We don't have any snow and haven't had any accumulation at all.   I've not lifted a snow shovel all year.    If it's going to be cold, I'd prefer snow.

I worked on my short game indoors today.     It beats not swinging a club.

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 1/12/2019 at 7:08 PM, dennyjones said:

Send it north.   We don't have any snow and haven't had any accumulation at all.   I've not lifted a snow shovel all year.    If it's going to be cold, I'd prefer snow.

I worked on my short game indoors today.     It beats not swinging a club.

I realize the irony.    Instead of snow, someone sent us freezing rain!   Most schools closed because of icy roads.    I believe I'll still go work on my swing indoors today.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Thank goodness the weather here is back to normal. Supposed to be really nice this weekend so I can get back on the course. It's almost been a month since I played.

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Rain transitioning to snow tomorrow. 7-9 inches predicted and then the temperature drops. 14 degrees on Sunday and I'll go to work in the negatives on Monday morning. 

One more weekend on the couch. 

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Rain transitioning to snow tomorrow. 7-9 inches predicted and then the temperature drops. 14 degrees on Sunday and I'll go to work in the negatives on Monday morning. 

One more weekend on the couch. 

Northeast is about to get hosed. Expecting snow, rain and ice in NYC and lots of snow north of us. I guess golf season couldn't last forever. Bummed. Will focus on filming my swing indoors and waiting for March golf trip.

Edited by chspeed

Well I hate to gripe since it sounds like a lot of you are under several inches of snow, but NC isn't much better. Low 40s and raining has been the norm for a couple of months now. At least we're getting to play some days. I'm just tired of playing on mud. It seems like our course has been soaked since hurricane Florence came through here last Fall. I'm heading to Florida for a few days at the end of the month "so I've got that going for me".