IGNORED

Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

29 members have voted

1. 1. One year from now my handicap will be....

• The same
    • Lower
    • Higher

I predicted 1.5 by August. I got 3.8. Still down from the beginning of the year ?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So obviously I was wrong.  A year ago, I guessed that I'd be about the same, yet I'm about a full stroke lower now than a year ago.  For 2017, I'm going to hope I'm still at this same level.  Or maybe a few strokes higher, and trending back down to this level.  A stroke or two more would come in handy at the Newport Cup, if I'm one of the lucky few, them Western guys are pretty dang tough..

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Currently an 11.9-12.0 from 16.0 at the beginning of 2015, predicting 9.5-10 next fall.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Lower.  We'll see how much lower I can take it by this time next year, but I'm pushing for somewhere around 7 by the end of next year.  I'll predict an 8 though as I'm currently playing right around an 11 (10.8-11.2 over the last few revisions).  I came into golf again after 8 years off last year and was happy to break 50 on nine holes.  48s were a staple.  I quickly got down to where I expected 42 and 43s, but I know expectations are typically not your true ability.  Well over the course of a year I've gotten down to expecting to break 40 and now come off the course angry at 42s and 43s.  Hopefully by next year I'll be breaking 80 the majority of the time and be angry at 39s on nine holes.  I'm probably over estimating, but what were flashes last year have become something I expect so hopefully I can continue the trend.

Since I've accomplished my goal of breaking 80 already this year, I'm going to try to use the next month and a half or so to make a push at breaking into the single digits.  I doubt I'll get there as I feel I'm still not comfortable enough shooting in the 70s to consistently do it (my nerves really get to me when I begin pushing even par for 9 holes), but I'm going to try.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

I predicted 12.0 and I'm a 13.5, so not too far off. I boldly predict I'll be single digit by this time next year, say 8.5ish.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I hope to be the same, but at my age I'll be grateful to remain in the single digits ...  :-)

I gambled and voted "same"

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

This is a very good thread, and well done to those brave enough to predict theirs will be higher. Because I have only been playing a year, and am now down to 21, I believe I may reach my ultimate ambition of 18. To be honest though, I really can't see myself getting any better than that. Unfortunately I have a rather badly damaged right foot, which is now also prone to gout. This effects my balance, and the condition is likely to get worse rather than better. For this reason, I need to learn as much as I can as soon as I can.

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

I predict I'll be a 12 next year at this time, down from my current 14.5. I'm 58, can I get to single digit by the time I'm 60?  That's what I'm currently hoping for, single digit two years from now. 

A couple of years ago I wanted to get to an 18 some day, got there and then hoped I could get to a 15 some day, now I have my sights on single digit. Will it ever end?

I'm at a 3.8, I predict I'll be down to a sub 2.5 by this time next year. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I no longer keep a handicap, but I am aware of the scores I shoot most of the time. We just left a course that is the hardest in the area and moved to a course that while not the easier it is one of the easier in the area. I believe I will be scoring in the 70's to low 80's for the most part next year. Plus it takes less time to play, about an hour of more. 

I had a poor season and, while my handicap has been trending down recently, I still believe that it will be lower this time next year. It better be.

Bill M

I'm a little surprised that I'm still a 7.3, honestly. I don't feel like I've been playing great golf and of my last 20 rounds, only 3 of them are in the "70s" - two of which are 79s. But a smattering of low-mid 80's rounds tells me I can play decent golf, even when I don't feel like I'm at the top of my game. 

And for the next few months, almost all of my practice will be on my short game (specifically chipping and pitching), where I think I can make a meaningful improvement in my skills and scores. 

So.... even with practice time still limited by work and family, I'm going out on a limb and predicting that I'll be a 6.0 by this time next year. Game on!

Note: This thread is 2775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!