IGNORED

Tee shots

Note: This thread is 1983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tee Shots  

59 members have voted

1. 1. On your tee shots are you more likely to . . .

• Slice the ball
    • Hook the ball
    • Hit the ball straight
    • Draw the ball
    • Hit a fade
    • Other?

My tee shots are usually straight. I no longer shape my tee shots. In the days of the balata ball I could shape the ball very easily, but today the ball does not allow that as easily. Plus the courses I use to play were old style with lots of dog legs and you really did need to shape your shots. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of my tee shots with the driver go absolutely in a straight line, but on a bad day I will be pushing them to the right, often ending up on the parallel fairway. It's not a slice, but a straight p

Most of my tee shots are pretty straight, to a slight fade.  I very seldom try to work the ball, although sometimes simply picturing a slight draw will get me to hit that shot.  I find that with very few exceptions (i.e. 17th at Moon Valley) a pretty straight ball works just fine off the tee.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Straight or with a slight draw.  That is my typical shot shape.  However, if my swing is off that day, all bets off.

Slight draw when swinging well. Severe push hook or straight push to right when not. Lately have not been getting any warning as to which one is about to strike. Frustrating but am fighting back to clear up swing path.

Good shots are straight to slight draw. Pull or pull draw when I'm off.

And Loooonnnnggg, sneaky long. One of the best driver of the tee ball at the Newport Cup. :beer:

Golfing with you, Matt and Hunter was a great time....

Club Rat

first tee=Take it easy, just get it in the fairway (quiet lower body, pull hook)

second tee=OK, that didn't work. Go at it. (Turn hips too far, get stuck, push fade)

Third tee=Thank God this is a Par 3

Slice for me at the moment, Working on a stronger grip to go with my one plane swing. Me and the driver are'nt friends at present!

It's odd I go though different phases, I'll be drawing or pulling everything and then one day I will just start slicing and a week will go by and i'll correct it and go back to drawing it. Depends on where I am in that progression but most of the times I can draw or fade the ball when needed, but every once in awhile I'll set up for the fade/slice and hit it dead straight :doh:

My good tee shots would draw, but not my normal ones. My normal shot goes either way depending upon where I hit on the face.

Yesterday, I kept hitting the heel almost on the hosel using my Cobra Bio Cell X300 46.75" driver. The ball would pull slice into the center of the fairway short. I usually hit past most of my partners, but was hitting these high slicing pulls about their distances. Sometimes shorter. Hit fairways most of the time, short 40 yards though. :-P

I put other, because I don't have a consistent miss. Changes depending upon which driver I use. . .

Played 18 yesterday, all except one of my tee shot ball flights were straight. Had one that sliced a bit just off the fairway but still was positioned well for my second shot. Could of had a good round except for the fact that my short game was off, and it's usually one of the stronger areas of my game. Putting and driving was better than usual though.

Not likely to the first three, although all three occasionaly show up.

On the second three I tend to hit a ball that takes off reasonably straight, but towards the end will tail off a little one way or another. If I need to work the ball I can set up for the shot and I will see the desired results 60% of the time.  

I have 4 shots off the tee:

Pull/Hook left
Slice right
Straight with a slight fade
Drill into the ground (when I am trying to kill it!)

I'm all about hitting is STRAIGHT.    I hate it when I consistently fade or draw it.    I'm not a really long hitter, so I guess it helps me not overswing & keep it straight.   Early in the year, I was drawing it consistently & set my driver neutral to counter it & straighten it out.   Later in year, I was fading it consistently & set it back to draw biased to straighten it out.   My goal is a 2 way miss - could either be a fade or draw - not consistently one or the other.   Loves me my adjustable driver...

Whats really weird is that if I mess up, I will always hook my mid and short irons; and always fade my long irons/hybrids/woods.   This pattern is the one part of my game that is set in stone ... bizarre

For some reason, I seem to like to try to fade or draw the ball when the shot calls for it ... problem is I doublecross it almost every time - it's a disaster at least 8 out of 10 times.    I simply must force myself to stop trying to do that - this may be my biggest goal in 2016 ... its' so much fun when it works, but the juice just isn't worth the squeeze

Note: This thread is 1983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!