IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

I'm happy to report that I sank my first eagle putt Saturday morning on the 18th hole par 5 at Blair Park in high Point, NC - one of my regular courses!

It was particularly satisfying playing with a few folks I hadn't actually played in a group with but have played with as part of our regular 10-20 guys Saturday mornings. 

It was only a 445 yard par 5 because we were playing from the senior tees (my cart buddy was 84 freaking years old, but was a hoot!) total 5,737 yardage for the round. I hit a monster drive that caught the hill and rolled down and to the left quite a ways leaving me 135 yards to the center of the green. Ball above my feet I knew my 8 iron downhill would be perfect, knowing that I'd rather be long than short (bunkers front left and front right). I don't do particularly well with ball above my feet or below my feet but I hit that sucker SOLID. To about 15 ft of the cup. Then sank the clutch putt!

An awesome experience! My first eagle in ~3 years of playing!

Shot an 82, too, which was MUCH better than I had been shooting. Albeit that's not a real representation of my skill because these guys play some funny rules. Highest HC hits from the ladies tees on #1 and #10 and we play best ball from there (on those two holes). Although both times we ended up playing my ball (not from the ladies tees this time) because I was hammering it and hitting it straight. But still, it's certainly not a round by the rules of golf. We keep "handicaps" but they aren't recorded - it's just an internal handicap amung us for side bets.

• Upvote 2

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wondered how and where achievements came from.

I've broken par,  ( handicap is +3)

2 eagles on par 5's so far this year

Hole in one 2 years ago on vacation in Arizona at Karsten ASU course.  My first one.

• Administrator
On 5/18/2017 at 1:46 AM, Midpack said:

I'm new to TST, but I have

• Broken 80 (many years ago, may never again?)
  • Scored several eagles (on par 5's)
  • One hole-in-one.

I assume I just post here, couldn't see where to add myself? Thanks.

Got 'em all!

On 5/19/2017 at 5:40 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

The following members attended our first Michigan Golf Rally today (May 19) and deserve a TST Outing Participant Merit Badge!  

@bkuehn1952 @tlazzol @Wally Fairway @dennyjones @JonMA1

@Braivo  @MSchott 

Were four of the members all brand new to any TST outings and to all of the other members?

On 5/21/2017 at 6:27 PM, jackieboymckenzie7501 said:

i broke 100,90 and 80 over a course of 10 years first eagle when i was 12 and hole in one at 15

Got 'em.

22 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

I'm happy to report that I sank my first eagle putt Saturday morning on the 18th hole par 5 at Blair Park in high Point, NC - one of my regular courses!

Congrats!

15 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Wondered how and where achievements came from.

I've broken par,  ( handicap is +3)

2 eagles on par 5's so far this year

Hole in one 2 years ago on vacation in Arizona at Karsten ASU course.  My first one.

All set!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Were four of the members all brand new to any TST outings and to all of the other members?

All seven of us did not know each other previously and had not played together.  I think @Braivo mentioned he had played in an outing in Ohio within the past 1-2 years with you and other TST members.  Other than that, I do not believe anyone has played in a TST event of any kind.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

13 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

All seven of us did not know each other previously and had not played together.  I think @Braivo mentioned he had played in an outing in Ohio within the past 1-2 years with you and other TST members.  Other than that, I do not believe anyone has played in a TST event of any kind.

While we are on the subject, @tlazzol and @bkuehn1952  share the "organizer" role for the outing.  Terry researched the area courses and arranged for a nice deal via Groupon and Brian rounded up the participants and guided the selection of the time/date/location.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Bought and am reading LSW - excellent stuff.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Well, after getting back into it, i'm playing well. I broke 90 3 times in my last three rounds. 

Do past achievements count, or is it from here forward? Because before my injury, I had many eagles over the 20 years I played, two Hole in Ones in my lifetime, and i've broken 80 more times than I can count, butI don't really want the breaking 80 badge, I want a little goal to work towards, but I would like the Hole in One badge since it's not really something you can practice getting better at. I'm sure i'll get an eagle soon, so I don't want that one right yet either. 

Edit, didn't even realize I posted in here already. 

Edited by Apoc81

I made an eagle. I have broken 90, too. I have plenty of LSW books around, so that counts too right? :-D

• Upvote 1

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/
Visit my website! https://natalie.golf ** NEW **

Driver: :ping: G400, 10.5°
5-Wood: :ping: G400, 17.5°
Hybrids: :ping: G400, 4H (22°), 5H (26°)
Irons: :ping: G400, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, GW
Wedges: :ping: Glide 2.0, 54°, 58°
Putter: :edel: Custom 29"

I've had one eagle on a par 3 and several on par 5's, but never on a par 4 that I recall in 53 years - until yesterday. Hit a big (for me) drive within 35 yards on a short par 4, and chipped in. Lofted a SW over a hazard and once on the green it broke right to left about 5 feet. 98% luck but fun to watch. As you all know - these are the shots that keep us coming back out to play, and ease the memories of poor shots.

• Upvote 1

New to the forums.

• I have had many eagles and one time eagled back-to-back par 5's. 
  • I bought LSW
  • I have had 2 hole-in-ones (they were 6 days apart!)
  • I have broken par 12 times, but haven't done so in a decade (long hiatus from the game). The index is coming back around and I have recently broken 80. 
  • Upvote 1

Forgot to claim the eagle achievement. Let's just go with the 2 I made from 180 on a par 4 :dance:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I think i can apply to be a stupid monkey.

All i care in practice sessions and on the course is what i need to do to improve the area i`m practicing. I don`t care how I do my swing and the faults i have, i even don`t know them I just focus on changing something in it to acomplish my intended shot shape and been consistent at it. Im my own instructor, don`t know if that counts. I don`t see videos of mecanics or ask for advice in it, I just feel what i need to do with my body in order to hit the way i want, chip it close or putt it in line or in the correct speed.

FNG here.

• I broke 80 earlier this year (April I think) when the golf gods smiled on me and I shot a 74 (+2).  
  • I also bought your Lowest Score Wins and I'm currently working my way thru it. 
  • I've had a hole in one 2 years in a row. Hopefully this will be the 3rd! ;-)

Got my hole in one yesterday. Also bought LSW. I have won my first tournament in the 36-54 hcp group. 

I saw a Member Reviewer achievement floating around and would like to add that.  I believe my first one was in March of 2015.  Items I have reviewed offhand:

• Bridgestone e6 balls
  • Snell Get Sum Balls
  • Ping Glide wedges
  • "On the green" belt
  • Stable Stick
  • Mantis Putter
  • Adidas Shoes

I still use most on that list -- I liked the stable stick and Mantis putter, but had other options I preferred (in the case of the Mantis putter, I used it for a while and later replaced it with the Edel).  The other five are still in general use, although when I run out of e6s, I will probably lean towards the Snell balls entirely. 

I haven't done a member review in a while, in part because I haven't been around as much.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.