IGNORED

Northern climate golfers, how many more rounds do you think you'll get in?

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 2710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many more rounds in 2016?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How many more rounds will you play in 2016?

• None, I'm done.
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21+

I have friends who put away the clubs as early as August here in Winnipeg but Im still trying to squeeze as much golf in as possible in October before the snow. Im still planning to go out tomorrow with an expected temp of -2 C (28 F) I cant fit in any rounds after work now, because of the sunset so its only weekends now. I got the next week off to travel for a wedding, so I have Mon/Tues/Wed for possible day rounds.

Latest round last year was Oct25th, but I dont think Winnipeg will be as nice this year so Im thinking this might be my 2nd last weekend.

What about you guys?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

I have friends who put away the clubs as early as August here in Winnipeg but Im still trying to squeeze as much golf in as possible in October before the snow. Im still planning to go out tomorrow with an expected temp of -2 C (28 F) I cant fit in any rounds after work now, because of the sunset so its only weekends now. I got the next week off to travel for a wedding, so I have Mon/Tues/Wed for possible day rounds.

Latest round last year was Oct25th, but I dont think Winnipeg will be as nice this year so Im thinking this might be my 2nd last weekend.

What about you guys?

I will play until the courses close. That is usually with the first snowfall that sticks in the Boston area, early December. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

A year ago I played 30.5 rounds after 10/7/2015.  Last round was 12/27/2015.  We had a relatively mild November/December.  I expect to play until Thanksgiving and maybe have another 15-20 rounds.  Anything less than that will be a disappointment.  More?  A gift.

Brian Kuehn

For as much as some people around here whine about Ohio, it's good to remember some of you have it worse. Down here we have a few courses that are open year-round dependent on the weather.

October is usually one of our best months of the year weather-wise. Generally November is playable. December can be hit or miss. Once in in a while we get a day or two in January and February that are decent, but those are the exception. By March it is full speed ahead.

I play till the courses close.

A couple of years ago it didn't snow much, was still cold out, and I played on Jan 1st and 7th in the same week!

I saved those cards as that's unheard of in Mass.

One year we had to go and get a hammer and a 16 penny spike from my friends truck so we could put the tees in the ground.  That was a fun round!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

When I lived in PA, I played as long as the courses were open. Even during the dead of winter. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'm in Northern Maine, the course closes in another week or so but I'm hoping to be playing into early November, just depends when they cover the greens.

@cutchemist42 I'm in Winnipeg as well.  Course closes Oct 17th (tentatively), so I'm optimistic for a few more rounds.  Going to try and play Saturday, Sunday, Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving).

• Upvote 1

In Colorado I'll probably play for another couple of weeks, then I'll stop for a week or two, then I'll play again for another couple weeks, and so on. I've golfed on Christmas Eve before, and I've also seen courses close in October, it all depends on when it snows and when it melts.

I'm just south of Portland, Oregon. This week I played in high winds and rain. I think I might have another month or so before everything turns to mud and starts plugging. 

Planning to skip winter golf this year. 

7 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

What about you guys?

They have roads that go south...

...just sayin'

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's suppose to be in the 40s tonight but next week we'll see the 60s.    That's great golf weather.  Until we see continued temperatures in the 40s, I'm golfing.  This week I played 5 times and practiced twice.   I'd like to continue that until the weather breaks.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Depends on the weather. We have courses that stay open year 'round weather permitting. Last year played my last round the day after Thanksgiving. 27 holes in fact! A few years ago we played 18 on the day after Christmas! And we've played golf on courses where the surfaces of ponds were frozen solid! Didn't have to worry about water hazards. You could bounce your ball off the ice and onto the green!

Note: This thread is 2710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!