IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It wouldn't surprise me just because of who his fiancee is....she's a bit on the nutty side. But until some actual evidence comes out, I'll just take their word for it and go with it. 

10 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

It wouldn't surprise me just because of who his fiancee is....she's a bit on the nutty side. But until some actual evidence comes out, I'll just take their word for it and go with it. 

Yea that is where my skepticism comes from. I believe DJ has gotten his life together over the past couple of years... she is the wildcard IMO.

Edited by skydog

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I'm guessing, chasing Paulina....? :-D 

More likely running away from her. ;-)

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

2 hours ago, Howling Coyote said:

Phil Mickelson is a wild card.  If he brings his A game he will win, its just that I have not seen him play his A game in a long time.

Over the last 15 majors, Phil has a first and four runner-ups.  That's a lot of A-game.  Heck, he brought his A+ game to the final round at Troon last year, it's just that Stenson was an A++

• Upvote 1

On 05/04/2017 at 8:57 AM, David in FL said:

So, @Golfingdad and I were wondering in the other thread, how careful do you think everyone is gonna be while marking their balls this week?!

;-) 

They won't have to be careful at all. Marking your ball doesn't require much care. In the same way that you don't have to be careful when you're doing up your shoelaces or teeing up your ball. But cheats had better not cheat, that's all. I think some of them may have been taught a timely lesson.

38 minutes ago, Shorty said:

More likely running away from her. ;-)

Oh my...do you think Paulina knows Elin?!  :-O

:-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not sure why DJ'S getting slack for this. I've slipped going down stairs and it hurts like a bitch. Kind of like ripping your skin.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

54 minutes ago, Shorty said:

They won't have to be careful at all. Marking your ball doesn't require much care. 

This logic is basically asking a player to get penalized. Golfers should take care with all aspects of the rules. It's their job to do so. 

15 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I'm not sure why DJ'S getting slack for this. I've slipped going down stairs and it hurts like a bitch. Kind of like ripping your skin.

Yep. I was lucky enough not to go tumbling down the stairs but just bruise the tailbone a bit. That still hurt. It doesn't take much to lose balance. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

This logic is basically asking a player to get penalized. Golfers should take care with all aspects of the rules. It's their job to do so. 

My point is that it is something you do and you do it properly. If you do it properly you don't have to worry about mucking it up. You muck it up if you are cheating, and only when you are cheating. The honest players will do as they have always done. The few who nudge it here and there will be aware that eyes may be on them. No "extra" care is required.

11 hours ago, saevel25 said:

They could easily charge way more on everything. The parking is free and right next to the course. The gift shop items are all reasonably priced, very good quality shirts for 65-70, like any other golf store. Other items range from 10-50 depending on the item. No sandwich is above 5 dollars. They will hold your items for you until you leave so you don't have to carry them. 

You get to watch the Masters for 100 a ticket! A process that is random selection. They could probably sell out at 200 a ticket. The quality of the product offered is a steal at 100 a ticket. 

Remember that time you got to go to the Masters? 

That was awesome.

farley.jpg

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

It's more fun to speculate?  And I think some people like to see that hugely successful guy with a (some say) hot wife actually be flawed.

I've slipped down three wooden steps with my hands full.  Managed to get a huge contusion on my side.  It was super nasty, but pre-"take a picture of everything that happens to you and put it on the internet" so no evidence now. 

I wasn't golfing at the time but it was so tender and sore that I don't think I would have been able to.

Pedantic alert:  People are giving him "flack".  You are cutting him slack.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Slightly disappointed in the Featured Groups today online.  Kinda looking the gift horse in the mouth a bit here but I was hoping for one of either Rory, Justin, Dustin, Rickie or Day...even Phil.  That being said, I could watch Oosthuizen swing a club all day long.  :-)

Gonna be a productive day at work today!

• Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Who hasn't fallen down the stairs...

image.jpg.5fdf892c02c969b8bd62c4aa501f5369.jpg

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

9 hours ago, Broke100Once said:

Over the last 15 majors, Phil has a first and four runner-ups.  That's a lot of A-game.  Heck, he brought his A+ game to the final round at Troon last year, it's just that Stenson was an A++

Since 2009 he has more top 5s in majors (10) than any other player (Rory has 9), including three second place finishes each of the last three years. I think people kind of take for granted how impressive his play in majors has been this late in his career. Without historic performances from Stenson and Spieth, he could easily have a major each of the last two years.

I am super worried for DJ. I hope I am proven just stupid wrong but this ain't his tourney anymore.. :cry:. I think his short game touch will be more affected than the long which considering projected weather will have to be sharp.  

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!