IGNORED

Define a Sandwich

iacas
Note: This thread is 2542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I LOVE this Tweet:

A Pop-Tart is a sandwich? Hmmmm…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Structural neutral and ingredient purist.

I love a good hotdog, but it ain't a samich! :-D  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Two pieces of bread with stuff in between. I make a watt ton of sandwiches for people at Friendly's.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I like the idea, but disagree with his specific categories and examples. :-P

How is a taco (ice cream taco) more structurally pure than a burrito?

What about an open-face sandwich (tuna melt)? That should be less "liberal" than a burrito or wrap...but doesn't fall into any category of structural liberalism.

Haha.

- John

I lean towards a rebel in both categories. 

And this chart doesn't even consider the can of worms that is the open-faced sandwich!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Expand the tweet's timeline and you will get some laughs.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I tend to value structure when defining a sandwich. I am all for ingredient mayhem. :-D

I like the whole top row, and the first two columns of the 2nd row. Though hot dog is close to being a no for me. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm more of a structure neutral, ingredient rebel. Not all sandwiches contain meat. I mean, peanut butter and banana is one of my favorites! If I could get a pb&j or pb and banana on footlong subway bread...I would tear that up!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Googled weird sandwiches and this perversion came up, chocolate sponge cake in lieu of buns for your hamburger made by a place in Philadelphia:

Sandwiches-2.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I saw this on one of the Diners, Drive-In & Dive's.

Krispy Kreme Double Cheeseburger, looks pretty yummy.

krispy-kreme-cheeseburger-ctr.thumb.jpg.ed9923b6a83664fd7d27c81b4f102a72.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

IDK....I suppose if I am holding something, that acts as a barrier to the ingredients inside of it, that's a sandwich to me.

As for my favorite, I like a peanut butter/balogna combo inside a couple of slices of really good sour dough bread. (my wife can't stand this). A close second is a "hot links" sausage, inside a sour dough english muffin, with copious amonts of mustard. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Now I'm hungry. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 hours ago, jamo said:

And this chart doesn't even consider the can of worms that is the open-faced sandwich!

Yes, but it is defined as "open-faced" and, admittedly, is missing an ingredient.  :-)

I definitely fall in the structured purist category.  I can, somewhat, agree on the structured neutral/ingredient purist category as well.  Tacos and wraps are just that...tacos and wraps.  Calling them sandwiches are ludicrous.

A pop tart is a pastry.  (Leave it to America for that one.)

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

I definitely fall in the structured purist category.  I can, somewhat, agree on the structured neutral/ingredient purist category as well.  Tacos and wraps are just that...tacos and wraps.  Calling them sandwiches are ludicrous.

I think the point that some people would try to make is that "sandwich" is the surrounding category, while wraps and tacos and such are sub-categories. In a Venn diagram, one big circle would be labeled "sandwich" with smaller "taco" and "wrap" circles inside.

I'm not sure how I feel, but that's how others feel, I am pretty sure.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!