IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I checked up on JoeB's youtube channel, and looks like he's shut it down.  From what I can gather, he got a lot of flack and it just became a hassle to deal with the BS.

The unfortunate side effect is that all the videos in this thread are no longer found.

But the good news is that he's on to something new called "Channel Lock." He has worked with this technique for 30 minutes!

And even better, next June (2018), we should see him at a web.com qualifier, using this channel lock technique.

If interested in learning more about this incredible system, here are "JH" videos where he discusses channel lock recently: https://www.youtube.com/user/1atomicgolf/videos. Here is the MMI Golf youtube channel challenge for JH to bundle the technique into DVD video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9Q9Z7b1Dk.

This is an interesting inter-related system of golf channels, that's for sure. There's seems to be a sprawling network of people promoting their latest "thing" in golf instruction. And they stay on it for like a week or two, and then move on to something else that will rock your world and finally make golf easy. With no explanation for why the last thing didn't pan out.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandallT said:

This is an interesting inter-related system of golf channels, that's for sure. There's seems to be a sprawling network of people promoting their latest "thing" in golf instruction. And they stay on it for like a week or two, and then move on to something else that will rock your world and finally make golf easy. With no explanation for why the last thing didn't pan out.

I wonder why it never seems to work out… :hmm:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

If interested in learning more about this incredible system, here are "JH" videos where he discusses channel lock recently: https://www.youtube.com/user/1atomicgolf/videos. Here is the MMI Golf youtube channel challenge for JH to bundle the technique into DVD video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9Q9Z7b1Dk.

Yeah, even though these flame out quickly it is hard to ignore the nuisance factor and how it chafes lot of newcomers that end up self blaming and deciding after chasing the eureka for a few weeks that they will never be good at golf and quit.   

Vishal S.

I always seem to turn up late to these sort of threads. We have a TV show called "Dragons Den", think you guys have a similar one over there. This is the sort of thing that belongs on a show like that.

I have been guilty in the past of tying everything out there to improve and to be brutally honest non of these swing methods touted as "the easiest way to swing" or such like have every worked.

I went back to basics and found what works for me, what feels comfortable. If the guys swing works for him then good stuff, but i've learnt the hard way when it comes to trying other peoples hair brain swing schemes.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

2 hours ago, RandallT said:

I checked up on JoeB's youtube channel, and looks like he's shut it down.  From what I can gather, he got a lot of flack and it just became a hassle to deal with the BS.

The unfortunate side effect is that all the videos in this thread are no longer found.

But the good news is that he's on to something new called "Channel Lock." He has worked with this technique for 30 minutes!

And even better, next June (2018), we should see him at a web.com qualifier, using this channel lock technique.

I've kept up with his channel as well. I meant to post up about the Web.com qualifier. He had also called out another swing teacher for a head to head match next year to see who is better.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

9 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

This is a great thread. 

One of my favorites 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I went to Youtube and watched 5 minutes of that Channel Lock swing.  Spent the next hour searching with Google for "brain enemas".

• Upvote 1

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Can't take too much of the channel lock video.  But the basic idea is basically one I've experimented with instead of learning how to fix my push.  Just open way up and hit it down the target line!

Unfortunately, this never quite worked for me...  I'd open way up, then still push it almost as much right of my target, usually with a harder fade though because while I still hadn't figured out how to get the club face square to my aim point, now I was also encouraging more of an out to in face path...  Though I bet that going as extreme as he's advocating I might be able to hit straight, on target shots 45˚ right of my foot line, but that just seems like it would be super uncomfortable, and not as powerful as figuring out how to take more or less in line swing with club face control.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• 10 months later...
57 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

I wonder how @JoeB from Tennessee has been playing lately, what new "revolutionary" golf swing/system he is on to now?  If he ever tried to qualify for a Web.com tourney...

I’m pretty sure his silence speaks for itself.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Damn. You teasers!

I really thought we had some late-breaking developments here. 

Very disappointed.

Haha, sorry!  Saw a guy at the range that had a very similar swing and it made me think of this thread.  He must be off winning events on the Web . com tour by now..

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Not sure there’s a direct correlation between silence and effectiveness of his swing method, but threads like this do crash and burn rather nicely for sure 😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 7/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, Vinsk said:

Web.com qualifiers do not have time for site's like this.   

• Like 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 1860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!