IGNORED

Tour Pro Tries to Make Hole in One with 500 Balls

iacas
Note: This thread is 1985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does he make one?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. BEFORE you watch the video, do you think he makes one? The hole is 145 yards away, winds are calm, and he's hitting a 9-iron.

• Yes, he makes at least one.
    • No, he doesn't hole out in 500 tries.

• Administrator

Gonna watch the video now. I voted "No."

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think he gets lucky. Yes.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

if the facial expression means anything.......maybe

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

"In a couple of hours, this is not going to be fun. . ."

The other thing is his odds are only 2500:1? After watching, yes. He actually had a chance at it.

I liked watching this. Unfortunately, I also wrote the wrong thing into a service request. I'm going to have to explain what I meant by "hole in one" for SW support. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'll assume they don't clear the balls away between shots?  Wonder how long the hole is too....and there's a benefit to hitting the same shot over and over vs just a random odds for a single shot.

If he is good enough to get most close enough, there's a lot of balls near the hole that can be knocked in.  So as it continues, less chance the tee ball goes in, more chance 'any' ball might go in. 

Will watch it now.

edit:  (they do clear the balls away so my assumption was bad)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

14 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Wonder how long the hole is too....

It says in the poll 145 yds and hes hitting 9 iron.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Voted no.  Will watch now. I'd like to try. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

That was fun to watch. His reactions were great. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

They will need to lay a little sod down on that tee box, I wonder if the Superintendent was on board for this? Might need to do a few ball mark repairs on that green as well. :-P

His reactions are great, shows you how tough it is to make a hole in one. He was all around it, but alas it wasn't in the cards.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

They will need to lay a little sod down on that tee box, I wonder if the Superintendent was on board for this? Might need to do a few ball mark repairs on that green as well. :-P

His reactions are great, shows you how tough it is to make a hole in one. He was all around it, but alas it wasn't in the cards.

I think they may have just cut down some grass off to the side and put a tee marker there. I bet that either wasn't a real tee, or was a sod farm they don't have a pressing need to use, or maybe was even on or near the range or something.

Cuz, yeah, 500 divots with a 9-iron are gonna destroy that thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That was funny, I can feel his pain. Soooooo-Cloooooose

I thought for sure he would make one and voted yes.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, klineka said:

It says in the poll 145 yds and hes hitting 9 iron.

I bet I missed that.  easily distracted today.

Bill - 

Voted no (before watching) - I would like to see the dispersion chart for that.
Looked like he was hitting some from in front otf the markers - ouch if that had gone in {eyes rolling}

Now I want to see his brother Francesco try it

What would be a similar test for those without help - 50 tries at a 50'+ putt (something like a downhill double breaker), 75'+?
Maybe a practice green challenge for the next TST Michigan outing?

Players play, tough players win!

I voted no, played the odds. Vaguely recall the odds of a pro golfer making a hole-in-one is 1 in 2000 or something like that.

Skipped through parts of the video just now and I'm assuming he didn't make one.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!