IGNORED

For the first time, I'm 100% content with my clubs ... if you are too, whats your setup ?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been a club ho ever since I started playing (just finished my 6th season).   I've bought & sold so many golf clubs, I think I personally keep eBay profitable (I'm expecting a Christmas card from them).   I find it odd that for the first time, I'm content and completely satisfied with my bag.  There is nothing that I'm even thinking about changing - my bag is dialed in.  I don't even pay attention to the ads in Golf Magazine for new gear and often change the channel during tournaments when gear ads come on.    Just curious if this is normal or something I should be concerned about and seek professional help with.   If you're in the same boat, lets have your setup ... mine is:

- Callaway 815 Big Bertha driver & 3 wood.

- Nike Vr-S hybrids (5h, 3h & 2h)

- Mizuno JPX-825 irons (6-GW)

-Cleveland CB wedges (54, 58)

- Ping Cadence counterbalanced putter (cut to 36.5")

Edited by inthehole

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It appears I have the hardware I need (see below). Now, I just need to test out the range on the FWs and hybrids to get the distances right (may need to adjust lofts up or down a degree for distance gaps).          

I might consider getting new irons, but I haven't really focused on new irons for the past year. That said, the Steelhead XR Pros do look interesting.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Me too! With all 3 of my sets.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Happy with my first string bag  in signature.-- but have a driver shaft coming in January, and adding a 16.5 4 wd/ shaft if I want to diversify the bag depending on conditions.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think I qualify, my wife asked me if I wanted anything and I said no I’m good. 

Callaway Big Bertha irons, B.B. driver, the Callaway green (edge?) 3 metal, 56 degree callaway wedge, and same brand putter. Plus I have a Golden Bear 52 degree wedge, that’s the goods. 

My score is on me, love the clubs!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Almost there.   

Just had a putter fitting and have narrowed it down to a couple options (I think I'll make a post about that).  anyways, my putter will be replaced, then I think I'm set.   

:titleist: - Driver - 915 D3 - 10.5 degree
:callaway: - Hybrid - Alpha 815
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW
:cleveland: - 588 RTX black wedges - 50 degree. 54 degree
:odyssey: - Versa 9 putter, white

However, you'll notice that I only carry 12 clubs.  so, obviously, there is still room to tinker.    but, I have no idea what to add.   
most would suggest a 58 or 60 degree wedge, but I have one of those sitting in my garage.  I'm much more comfortable opening the face on my 54 degree.  
Another suggestion would be a 3W or 5W.   but, seeing that I hit my Driver 265 (if I muscle it) and my Hybrid 230 (and very accurately), I just don't see enough gap to add a wood.   so..  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Just for a change, I recently went with a 12 club bag change. I was so "content", (after 10, or so years) with my previous bag of gamers, I became complacent with them. I was getting bored, and needed something to stir things up again. I needed new golf shots to think about. 

I will most likely go back to my old gamers when warmer weather returns in a couple of months. However,  for now, I am having fun rediscovering golf shots. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I've been happy with all my clubs for some time now. A big part of that was putting 100% of the responsibility for playing better on me and not my equipment. 

My irons are 5 years old now, but I still like them. I've been told the newer irons are even better than mine, but I am dubious. The best decision I ever made was to get fitted for a driver. I'll be good for a while now. 

• Like 1

@inthehole  I am so with ya! I collect WAY too may clubs.  I use to switch them up but that made it hard to work on my game.

I pretty much play my Miura MC102 irons with matching Gap wedge and Ping BeCu SW or my Mizuno MP67 irons and MPR-12 Wedges.

I always use my Callaway Driver and either the Callaway 2 & 4 woods or the 3 & 5 woods.

Putter will be a Ping Ti4 WRX or Ping B60 copper putter.  Haven't bought a club since last Xmas.  That's a long time for me!  Bad thing is I don't sell any... keep growing the collection.

Will game the Mizuno setup all next year and see if I can get at least one round down to 80.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

8 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

I've been happy with all my clubs for some time now. A big part of that was putting 100% of the responsibility for playing better on me and not my equipment. 

My irons are 5 years old now, but I still like them. I've been told the newer irons are even better than mine, but I am dubious. The best decision I ever made was to get fitted for a driver. I'll be good for a while now. 

I like the way you think. The golfer is always responsible for what the club makes the ball do. Their instructor too, if the have one. Well, maybe not a range ball, or a worn out game ball, but all the other ball flights. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I am actually in the process of rebuilding my entire bag in hopes of  being completely content with my setup. Driver, lob wedge and putter (picked up recently) are the only things staying.

Driver: TM M2

3 Wood: TM RBZ stage 2 tour (needs to be replaced)

hybrid/2 iron:Empty (picking up a Mizuno Fli-Hi)

Irons: Empty (Looking to pick up Mizuno JPX 900 tours)

Wedges: Callaway MD3 (50, 55, 60)

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

@inthehole I was like that for quite some time, always trying/buying/questioning something new.  I’ve been pretty happy with my last 2 bag set ups though (wear being the only reason for replacement now).

Ping G30 LS Tec driver, Ping G30 3W & 3H (previous G15)

Mizuno MP-25 4-PW (previous MP-52)

Titleist SM5 GW, SW, LW (previous SM4 w/ Cleveland LW)

Odyssey Rossi putter (has been in the bag for 10 years)

I am content with the items in my signature, having gone through the bag from top to bottom this summer. A PING G400 driver is a slight possibility, as is a Mack Daddy PM grind 60*. The wedge is way more likely than the driver, but if I don't do either I will still be happy.

I was also on a binge with older equipment for a while, but have slowed way down and may sell/give a few away or at least not add. I have around 25 pieces of persimmon and 3 sets of old blades. I have been mostly on the modern bag this year.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I haven't gotten there yet. I do love my irons... But I'm not quite there yet. My problem is, I tweak my set-up so much, I over-do it... 

But I'm going to find a "Sweet 16" and stick with it. I might be better off with 11 or 12 clubs honestly. 

I'm working to get there... But it will take many sessions of therapy from @WUTiger, to get there... I, however know what direction, I'm going with it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Wedges 3 wood and a putter. Those are the last items I will be messing around with. Holiday time and the deep discounts always make tinkering a bit more manageable. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

On 12/19/2017 at 1:32 PM, Vinny Cap said:

@inthehole  I am so with ya! I collect WAY too may clubs.  I use to switch them up but that made it hard to work on my game.

I pretty much play my Miura MC102 irons with matching Gap wedge and Ping BeCu SW or my Mizuno MP67 irons and MPR-12 Wedges.

I always use my Callaway Driver and either the Callaway 2 & 4 woods or the 3 & 5 woods.

Putter will be a Ping Ti4 WRX or Ping B60 copper putter.  Haven't bought a club since last Xmas.  That's a long time for me!  Bad thing is I don't sell any... keep growing the collection.

Will game the Mizuno setup all next year and see if I can get at least one round down to 80.

Wow...another Ping TI4 person!!  I got one years ago in a swap and it was brand new.  So I was bummed a bit, didn't want to use it since it was new.

Figure I'll end up ebaying it. 

Same set up as last year except I'll rest the Newport Tei3 and try a Ping Milled Anser 2.

Driver : 2016 M2/HZRDUS yellow Handcrafted 6.0

FW: 2017 M1 3hl/HZRDUS red 

Irons: Ping ie-1 4-u/Modus 105s

Wedges: Callaway pm grind 56, 60, 64

Putter: Ping Anser 2 Milled

I'll try the TM MC/pxi set I picked up only because they are -1/2"...if it's good I'll cut the Pings down.

• Like 1

Yay to @Kalnoky and @Patch! I like to collect clubs (bunches). But after coming back to golf and an instruction series or two, I settled on my current make up, made the decision that I had GREAT golf clubs, and then focused on the physical management and mental management of my game in the moment. As a result of EVERYTHING involved, I played a couple of my better rounds in September. Unfortunately, injury has meant I haven't touched a club since Sept 28. Yet I'm grateful for the experiences and look forward to the future. Best to all, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

I am comfortable with my set as can seen by the age of my clubs.

Taylormade R510 TP Driver 8.5 degree

Ping G10 3 wood 15.5 degree

Ping G10 5 wood 18.5 degree

Ping G Irons green dot - Switched last year from Ping Eye 2

Callaway Mack Daddy 56 degree wedge

Cleveland 60 Degree RTX-3 Lob Wedge

Ping Eye 2 52 degree sand wedge

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum newport mid slant putter circa 2004

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!