IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

27 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Faldo already giving the jacket to Rory. I think Reed is probably better off playing with Rory tomorrow than he would be otherwise. He likes that underdog role and showed in the Ryder Cup he's not afraid of Rory. He also has a 3 shot advantage helping him. 

Hoping Reed wipes the floor with the field tomorrow.  

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Hoping Reed hangs in their and wins. I am glad he is not wearing those pants with the stoopid looking back pockets anymore.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I hope Reed and Rory fall back and put a bunch of guys in play. I just don't want a snooze fest in cruise control.

Buy you almost never get that. There can be  a swing of 8 shots on the back 9. And a 2 shot lead on 18 tee is no guarantee of a win.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

2 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Faldo already giving the jacket to Rory. I think Reed is probably better off playing with Rory tomorrow than he would be otherwise. He likes that underdog role and showed in the Ryder Cup he's not afraid of Rory. He also has a 3 shot advantage helping him. 

Well...Faldo sees it that way because he’s used to winning by the leader folding completely. Faldo pulled a “Danny Willet” win on all three of his wins. Not just your average slip and Faldo taking the win, Faldo was served up historical chokes by the leader to get his wins.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Well...Faldo sees it that way because he’s used to winning by the leader folding completely. Faldo pulled a “Danny Willet” win on all three of his wins. Not just your average slip and Faldo taking the win, Faldo was served up historical chokes by the leader to get his wins.

I would call the “Hoch choke” the only one of Faldo’s 3 wins where he truly backed into a victory. The other two no doubt he had some help but he also played great rounds and made a strong charge. Most don’t realize in the year that Norman collapsed that Faldo shot a flawless 67. It was a great round of golf.

There is some justice in the world, Poulter almost DFL.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm kinda hoping for Reed to shoot closer to even par to make it exciting tomorrow.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Mcllroy and Reed to get into a battle which costs them a few Bogeys  ..letting Rahm / Fowler to close the gap.... 18th equal -15 from the four >>>>

• Upvote 1

Go Foxy Go

I haven't read through to see if somebody mentioned this but Chamblee sucking snot up his nose during the entire Live From show is incredibly annoying.

"Witty golf quote."

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

I would call the “Hoch choke” the only one of Faldo’s 3 wins where he truly backed into a victory. The other two no doubt he had some help but he also played great rounds and made a strong charge. Most don’t realize in the year that Norman collapsed that Faldo shot a flawless 67. It was a great round of golf.

Ray Floyd choked his guts out in 1990. Huge gift to Faldo from a guy with 4 majors before that. 

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

“Some help” With Norman? No it was more than that. Norman could’ve shot even par and won. That’s not asking for anything amazing. Norman shot a 78. I agree a 67 was (is) a great Sunday round...but when you’re down 6 strokes...something miraculous has to happen....and it certainly did.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

Mcllroy and Reed to get into a battle which costs them a few Bogeys  ..letting Rahm / Fowler to close the gap.... 18th equal -15 from the four >>>>

Welcome to the board - and great point.  One of the worst things Reed and Rory can do is get into a match play mentality, particularly early in the round.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Welcome to the board - and great point.  One of the worst things Reed and Rory can do is get into a match play mentality, particularly early in the round.

Yes, two pretty big EGO's on the course you just know it's going get hot out there and just maybe for the guys behind they push a few shots ... I hear if REED scores sub 70 last day it will be the first time in masters history ever a player scores sub  on all four rounds >>> I don't personally think he will be the first

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Almost DFL? Really? Looks like he's beating  a few to me..... 

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 6.17.31 pm.png

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Faldo pulled a “Danny Willet” win on all three of his wins.

If that's the logic being applied, some might say that five of Faldo's six majors were "gifts." Does that make him a one time major winner?

But this is great news for Mr. Willett. All he has to do is play himself into contention on a regular basis and maybe he can become the greatest English golfer since Sir Nick Faldo.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

What justice? 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 2204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!