IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

Utterly deserved. Best player over the four days.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Absolutely was! The last putt decided it, excitement all the way. Reed was composed out there and played really well.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Feels like a very muted response though compared to past Masters wins.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

2 minutes ago, b101 said:

Utterly deserved. Best player over the four days.

Yup.  Much as I don't like him, he deserved it.

1 minute ago, b101 said:

Perfect example of the inflection in Nantz's tone of voice.  When Jordan won he was besides himself, this time, it was very flat. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

4 minutes ago, b101 said:

Nobody on that broadcast wanted Patrick Reed to win, nor did many of the people around 18 green. It was shitty of all of them, frankly. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator

Yay!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great Masters weekend ...
Congrats to Reed ....

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Jim Furyk is probably glad he won't need to use a captain's pick to put Reed on the Ryder Cup team. That frees up Furyk to pick someone else. Reed is also likely an even tougher opponent in the Ryder Cup now after this huge win at The Masters. Solidifies the confidence he has always had in himself. He showed big balls this weekend. Well done Patrick! 

Was it planned for Fred Ridley to do Nantz’s job here???

• Upvote 1

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Great day of golf. The 20 somethings dominated, Reed is tough as nails, so happy to see him shut up the haters! Jordan was so f***ing good, almost had the biggest Masters comeback to go along with that crushing collapse. Rickie showed up big time today. I never saw that coming, but happy for him, he's a class act. BTW How stacked is the USA Ryder Cup team going to be?

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

I thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 days - sorry it's over!

Well done to Patrick Reed.

This is a very exciting time to be watching golf - so many excellent young players.

Oh well, only 8 or 9 weeks to the US Open, I guess...

I was glad to see Reed win. All that unvarified history is from college days when we were all at our dumbest. Fact is he speaks his mind unlike the PC bore we get from Spieth. Hell you could just give me what Spieth’s score was and I could walk in the press room and answer questions as Spieth and it wouldn’t be any different from Spieth himself. Not to mention Reed is one hell of a Ryder Cup player. The guy doesn’t choke and deserves some props.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Still no one to ever shoot in the sixties for four days?

Nope. The way they ate this course up this year though, somebody is gonna do it soon though.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Top three Americans and they're not DJ, Thomas or Finau. Looking good for US golf. Rahm and Fleetwood for the Europeans.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

All we can ever really hope for is a good tournament, and we got it.

A satisfying Masters.  A worthy winner.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

Oh my god that's lucky by Reed. If he doesn't hit the hole he's way long.

17th hole? I was glad to see he left the flagstick in.

I thought this was a great view of Spieth and Thomas on the 13th green, so I took a screenshot:

5acaa68d75726_JSandJTAugusta.jpg.158da2476a901ae1dfeae7c551d66030.jpg

Congrats to Reed! Well played.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!