IGNORED

Would you watch a Ryder Cup style of NFL vs NBA?

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 2188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would you watch a Ryder Cup format between NFL and NBA players  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch?

• Yes
    • No
    • MLB/NHL too!

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/aaron-rodgers-chris-paul-to-host-nfl-vs-nba-ryder-cup-style-golf-event?mbid=social_facebook

Aaron Rodgers and Chris Paul are looking to put one together. I would watch this over Shotmakers. I'd love it even more if MLB/NHL were included.

Edited by cutchemist42

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
  • Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No thanks. The Pebble Pro-Am is enough non-golfers playing golf for me. (And even that's too much.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Good grief.  Not just no, hell no!

I see plenty of amateurs playing golf every time I’m on the course.  I don’t need to watch it on tv too.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There wasn’t a ‘Hell No’ so I voted ‘no.’ It’s the same concept for me as to why I watch more PGA than LPGA. But I’d certainly rather watch an LPGA event over this garbage.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I will watch anything golf related, including that god awful Shotmakers. My TV is always on the Golf Channel so if it's on and I'm home, it's getting watched. I'd personally like to see some matches from everyday hackers. That'd be cool to watch. "In the BLUUEEEE corner, weighing in at a driver SS of 96 we have Hacker Joe"!! ?

• Like 1

I voted yes, but the circumstances would have to be extremely right for me to do so. Like if the matches were held at Augusta National. 

Even then, I would only watch a little bit of it. An idea like this would most likely have a ton of commercial breaks. When a commercial would come on, I'd probably go channel surfing, and forget to come back . That's what I do now with the weekly pga tournaments.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Interesting. The poll has a decent majority saying, ‘yes’ but there are very few comments in support in the thread. 

I'd definitley watch. Nothing beats the PGA Tour, but lots of these guys are pretty skilled, and the unpredictability of their games adds to the interest, IMO. Could shank or duff one out of nowhere. I would want to see single digit caps only, though. 

• Like 1

Probably not

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'd rather watch good golf.   I'd watch more LPGA and web.com before a celebrity golf tournament.     I voted no

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I voted yes, but would be even more interested if they players were active players in the NFL/NBA. I dont really care to watch players golf that played in their sports 10 years ago and now are retired. 

Include players that actively play in their sports and also actively golf and that'd be fun to watch IMO. Guys like Brady, Steph Curry, JR Smith are a few that come to mind right away that are active players that are pretty into golf.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I voted no. I typically don’t watch any Golf other than PGA Tournaments, Champions Tour and LPGA Majors (occasionally). 

If I cared about basketball and football, I'd probably watch it.  As it is, I don't watch or care about either sport so no, I wouldn't watch it.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

12 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

How about Trump and Obama teeing it up?

Eeks, gawd no! I'd rather watch a bunch of has been pro sports players hack there way around a course.  As to the OP question, probably not however some of them are quite good golfers and who doesn't like watching Charles Barkley's swing... pure fluid in motion. :-D

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Note: This thread is 2188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!