IGNORED

Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?

• Yes
    • No

No, with the size of phones these days its just not comfortable. I'll have it in the bag as i use Freecaddie gps.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I am walking I put the phone in back pocket. It records my steps/miles walked, calories burned and I usually have it playing music or some kind of sporting event through the blue tooth speaker on my bag. If riding, it sits in the cart for the same reason.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

In my cart or bag. Volume off. My gps /scoring app is on my phone so I do bring it. Can’t stand anything in my pockets playing golf besides a tee and coin

My phone is in my bag. I will check it at the turn for any emergency family message and then back in the bag until the round is over. 

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

Nope, i keep it silenced in the bag. Just check it before teen up on the 10th hole.
It annoys me a bit the ones that carry it with the volume up enough so everyone can hear an incoming message or phone call. Moreover if they pick up the call and start talking while others in the group are hitting their shots. 

Nope, not in my pocket. It's either in my bag, in my cart, or in my push cart.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Almost never. 

I make it a point to not allow anyone to just expect to get a hold of me on the golf course or anywhere else.

Unless I'm expecting to communicate something very particular during that time period, it never leaves the car. Half the time, I leave it at home.

It's on my desk at home. Cell phones don't belong on the golf course.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Sometimes I’ll keep it in my pocket, otherwise it’s in my push cart basket or the driving cart cubby. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Good god NO.  Nothing in the pockets of any weight - just a few tees, and a ball mark repair tool.  Spare ball sometimes.  I don't need to be hiking my waistband up all the time.

I keep it in my bag for messages, and if I want to take a picture on a nice course.  silenced

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

50 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Cell phones don't belong on the golf course.

Bold statement, my friend.
What about Arccos, Game Golf, 18 birdies app, other GPS, tournament scoring apps, green reading apps (I haven't actually tried any of these, but I've seen them)?

Believe me I like your style but I do think some of these apps have improved my game. 

And at least one tournament I play, we do all the real time scoring on an ap. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, Rkrider99 said:

It's on my desk at home. Cell phones don't belong on the golf course.

My only worry about this is if there is an emergency, I am cut off. I play with older people a lot. I would hate to not have access to calling for help. 

My cell is on silent in my bag.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

31 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Bold statement, my friend.
What about Arccos, Game Golf, 18 birdies app, other GPS, tournament scoring apps, green reading apps (I haven't actually tried any of these, but I've seen them)?

Believe me I like your style but I do think some of these apps have improved my game. 

And at least one tournament I play, we do all the real time scoring on an ap. 

I have played with people that have all kinds of golf apps on their phones. They spend more time typing stuff in, and clicking buttons than planning their next shot. I've had to ask them to put the phone down and hit the ball.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Note: This thread is 1868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!