IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

Would You Rather #15...

Would you rather show up to the course looking and feeling terrible, and shoot the best round of your life, or look and feel your best, but shoot the worst score of your life?

I'll feel better after B, so, B.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, dagolfer18 said:

Would You Rather #15...

Would you rather show up to the course looking and feeling terrible, and shoot the best round of your life, or look and feel your best, but shoot the worst score of your life?

Personally, I would rather shoot my best score and look/feel terrible. I’m sure there are some days where you show up to the course looking like a mess. Nobody makes note of it and just assume you’re having a bad day.

Easily, the former.  I won a GCAM tournament 3 days after getting diagnosed with the flu and bronchitis.  When I wasn't feeling well, I just swung loose and easily and had no expectations.

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

• Administrator

The next time we get a Would You Rather… question, let's make it one without a decidedly better answer, if we could please. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

The next time we get a Would You Rather… question, let's make it one without a decidedly better answer, if we could please. 🙂

You mean like "Would you rather play golf, win $100 and shoot your best round ever OR stay home and repair the gutters in the cold and rain?"😊😊😊

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

Would You Rather #15...

Personally, I would rather shoot my best score and look/feel terrible. I’m sure there are some days where you show up to the course looking like a mess. Nobody makes note of it and just assume you’re having a bad day.

I don't know any serious golfer who wouldn't pick shooting their best round from these choices but I could propose a twist: would you rather play the best round of your life or shoot your lowest score ever?  If you ask me about my best round the round that comes to mind was not my lowest score (albeit only a stroke higher).  I didn't enjoy my lowest score nearly as much as I really didn't feel like I was playing anywhere as near as good was the score.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Good idea. Apparently I’m not very good at making these up 😂.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

6 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

Would You Rather #15...

I have done both. Feeling physically terrible is not an option for me. Best score doesnt matter. 

If I am feeling poorly, chances are I will continue feeling poorly for a day, three longer. That best score was a fluke, followed up with poorer scores.  

Give me that physically healthy, worst score everytime. Being healthy the next few days, probably means I will improve quite a bit on that worst score. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

19 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

Would You Rather #15...

If I shot the worst round of my life (and I've had some awful rounds), I wouldn't be feeling very good for very long.

Tell you the truth. If this really were the worst round of my life, I'd probably quit well before 18 holes.

22 hours ago, IowaGreg said:

Would You Rather #15...

I'd rather not set a new worst score of my life, I will have to live with that forever (hopefully), but I have felt bad and looked bad and I know I can recover and I'd take shooting the best round of golf in my life - which would mean even par or better. Yeah me!

Players play, tough players win!

Yeah, I've done this! My buddy called me on the day after Christmas to see if I wanted to go play! I went out just to have fun, Shot a 4 over 76. My buddies congratulated me and bought me beers! I have no idea how it happened! 

• Administrator

Would You Rather…? #16:

• Hit the ball as solidly but, due to some luck or whatever, score relatively poorly for you.
  • Hit the ball poorly but, due to some luck or some holed chips or whatever, score really well.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

• Hit the ball as solidly but, due to some luck or whatever, score relatively poorly for you.
  • Hit the ball poorly but, due to some luck or some holed chips or whatever, score really well.

I will choose number one, hitting the ball solidly. At least then I know I am moving in the right direction for future rounds of golf.  I'll accept a little good luck but I do not want to score well because I've been getting very lucky.  And if I'm allowed a preference for when good luck strikes, I'll take it on the 18th hole after pressing all bets.

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

Hit the ball solidly.  No doubt.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

I'll take the first option all day long.    I've done both but leave with a good feeling after hitting the ball solidly even though I didn't score well.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

Number 1 everyday (that is every day that I'm not playing a money game)

Players play, tough players win!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

I’ve mentioned this in other topics in the past, but definitely #1 for me. I feel better at the end of the round hitting the ball well than I do if I had to grind through the round.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

I would 100% rather strike the ball well and score worse than usual due to bad luck. At this point in the evolution of my golf game, I gain more confidence from good ball striking during a round than scoring.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Would You Rather…? #16:

I'd rather No. 1 90% of the time. I'm a lot more encouraged by swinging well than scoring well. The exception would be during league or if I have any kind of real money on the line, then it's just win with whatever game you have that day.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing