IGNORED

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020

iacas
Note: This thread is 1338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I only got a two hour drive, so I might just drive back to Akron on Saturday. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Echo......Echo.....

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
8 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Decent selection seems between $130-$160 a night for 2 Queen room. 

You should be able to get things for much less than that.

Do you need 600 count sheets or something? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I can help too. In the past we have shared a room to keep costs down. I am a clean, non-snoring sleeper. Anybody interested in sharing, DM me. I will stay there both Sat and Sunday night, leaving Monday morning.

Decent selection seems between $130-$160 a night for 2 Queen room. 

Sent you message.  I only need Saturday, but willing to share.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

45 minutes ago, iacas said:

You should be able to get things for much less than that.

Do you need 600 count sheets or something? 🙂

Ha.. old bones need soft bed.

22 minutes ago, vasaribm said:

Sent you message.  I only need Saturday, but willing to share.

Sounds good..!

Vishal S.

• Administrator

@Greg 504…? Interested?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Erik, I am very interested and thank you for putting this together for the group. What a great deal for some invaluable training and camaraderie with TST peeps. Unfortunately, my wife is on duty at the hospital that weekend so I'll have my daughter and she has some volleyball clinics.

I hope to make the next one. Thanks man!

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

I can do one day for sure. I’m happy to do whichever day is best for the group.

Is there a day where a person is more needed than the other?

• Administrator

Since your lesson would probably be the same, playing might be easiest. Closer to you too.

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Since your lesson would probably be the same, playing might be easiest. Closer to you too.

Ok, I’ll play on Sunday 

• Administrator

Here's what I'm thinking of doing for Sunday's round. $20 will get you:

• $70 Net Skins pot
  • $70 Gross Skins pot
  • $140 Quota Game pot

It'll be $80 if we get to 16 players.

The quota game will be a pretty standard quota game, and will be based on a percentage of handicaps (skins will probably be full handicaps).

• Bogey = 1 point
  • Par = 2 points
  • Birdie = 4 points
  • Eagle = 8 points
  • Albatross = 12 points

To make payouts easier, I'd probably ask those coming to have four $5 bills. Or at least a $10 and two $5s.

I'd like to think all will put in for the game(s) on Sunday, but if you're super uncomfortable with $20, please message me privately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

I'd still love to get to 16 and 16. I've asked a friend of mine in Pittsburgh if he's interested in coming up, and let's just look at the member map…

https://thesandtrap.com/membermap/

@sedmo, @Dunit507, @ejm1994, @dagogolfer25, whaddya think?

I have a few friends I could ask about potentially attending on Saturday. I’ve talked this forum up to them a few times and have mentioned the event in passing. I’d like to give precedence to forum members but if we get into mid next week with a few spots open, I’ll ask around.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

I have a few friends I could ask about potentially attending on Saturday. I’ve talked this forum up to them a few times and have mentioned the event in passing. I’d like to give precedence to forum members but if we get into mid next week with a few spots open, I’ll ask around.

Yup. Thanks.

23 hours ago, iacas said:

Here's what I'm thinking of doing for Sunday's round. $20 will get you:

• $70 Net Skins pot
  • $70 Gross Skins pot
  • $140 Quota Game pot

It'll be $80 if we get to 16 players.

The quota game will be a pretty standard quota game, and will be based on a percentage of handicaps (skins will probably be full handicaps).

• Bogey = 1 point
  • Par = 2 points
  • Birdie = 4 points
  • Eagle = 8 points
  • Albatross = 12 points

To make payouts easier, I'd probably ask those coming to have four $5 bills. Or at least a $10 and two $5s.

I'd like to think all will put in for the game(s) on Sunday, but if you're super uncomfortable with $20, please message me privately.

This all sounds great to me. I think I can scrape together four 5 dollar bills. 

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but wouldn't it be easier if the Skins pot was $90? Doesn't that make it $5 per skin? Easier math for handing out the winnings?

I'm just going to suggest this, but I totally understand if it's a terrible idea. I won't be offended if you tell me I'm a crazy person. What if we did $25 per player.

I think then it could be:

• $90 Net Skins pot
  • $90 Gross Skins pot
  • $170 Quota Game pot

I'm not trying to push it out of people's budget. Just trying to make the math easier. I'm sure I can scrape together five $5 bills. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but wouldn't it be easier if the Skins pot was $90? Doesn't that make it $5 per skin? Easier math for handing out the winnings?

What's $90/4? $22.50. What's $70/2? $35. Skin pots are almost always a bit goofy. Unless you do skins differently somehow - I've never seen it done differently than just splitting the pot by the number of skins.

Right now we don't have 18 golfers and the odds of getting 18 skins for both games… is exceedingly slim. :)

46 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm just going to suggest this, but I totally understand if it's a terrible idea. I won't be offended if you tell me I'm a crazy person. What if we did $25 per player.

I think then it could be:

• $90 Net Skins pot
  • $90 Gross Skins pot
  • $170 Quota Game pot

I'm not trying to push it out of people's budget. Just trying to make the math easier. I'm sure I can scrape together five $5 bills.

What math are you doing exactly? 🙂

($90 + $90 + $170)/16 = $21.875

/17 = $20.588

/18 = $19.444

2 hours ago, iacas said:

What's $90/4? $22.50. What's $70/2? $35. Skin pots are almost always a bit goofy. Unless you do skins differently somehow - I've never seen it done differently than just splitting the pot by the number of skins.

Right now we don't have 18 golfers and the odds of getting 18 skins for both games… is exceedingly slim. 🙂

What math are you doing exactly? 🙂

($90 + $90 + $170)/16 = $21.875

/17 = $20.588

/18 = $19.444

I was thinking what if there were 18 skins. So that would make it easier. But I see now, so yeah, I prefaced my comments with I thought it might be a bad idea. 

I went to Chicago Public School... so math is hard.

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I was thinking what if there were 18 skins. So that would make it easier. But I see now, so yeah, I prefaced my comments with I thought it might be a bad idea. 

I went to Chicago Public School... so math is hard.

Look… if there are 18 skins in either net or gross skins, I'll add the extra $ to make the payouts an even $5. 🙂

There won't be 18 skins. Even with only 16 people playing currently, I highly doubt we'll see more than five or six skins per game.

Note: This thread is 1338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!