IGNORED

Range Ball Machine Theft

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Two side by side range ball dispensers. Guy next to me didn't get balls from his pin. I use my fob, it dispenses balls, he pushes my bucket out of the way and puts his under the dispenser. I said that's my bucket, I paid for it. He walks away. Listen, I get the machine with the pin entry can be troublesome, but isn't the vending machine situation similar? If you didn't get a soda from yours do you take mine when my machine dispenses it?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bad form, to say the least.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

That could easily get heated in a hurry. I'd have no problem pressing charges for strong arm robbery.......... 30 years ago he would have been picking himself up off the ground wondering what happened.

Edited by Esox

35 minutes ago, Esox said:

I'd have no problem pressing charges for strong arm robbery

Except there was no “strong arm robbery” that took place. Larceny, probably. 

This has nothing to do with range ball etiquette. This has everything to do with this guy being an arsehole who would be an arsehole in every situation.

• He doesn't pick up his dog's shit.
  • He litters.
  • He pushes into any queue he can find.
  • He steals when he thinks no-one's watching.
  • He cheats at golf.
Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

This has nothing to do with range ball etiquette. This has everything to do with this guy being an arsehole who would be an arsehole in every situation.

• He doesn't pick up his dog's shit.
  • He litters.
  • He pushes into any queue he can find.
  • He steals when he thinks no-one's watching.

Yep. Don’t forget he also drives recklessly. He drives in the fast lane instead of moving over; he cuts people off; darts around traffic; ride people’s bumper; and otherwise behaves in a manner that endangers the lives of people beyond around him on the road. 

45 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Yep. Don’t forget he also drives recklessly. He drives in the fast lane instead of moving over; he cuts people off; darts around traffic; ride people’s bumper; and otherwise behaves in a manner that endangers the lives of people beyond around him on the road. 

He would be doing none of those things had he pushed my bucket aside. However, he would’ve gained a very intimate relationship with the vending machine.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I bet that none of you who are talking a big game would have done anything but use words or something to say "hey, buddy, WTF?" initially.

Which is what I likely would have done.

Or, since I generally get range balls free everywhere… I'd have not given a shit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Range Ball Machine Theft
24 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Etiquette?? Dude stole from you....

Darn Skippy, and if the OP were standing right in front of the machine, the thief had to make contact or simply get extremely colse to get between the OP and the machine to purloin his balls.  In MI that's enough for a myriad of charges.

Wait, I’m confused. @nevets88 did that guy walk away with your bucket of balls or just walk away after you told him it was yours?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Wait, I’m confused. @nevets88 did that guy walk away with your bucket of balls or just walk away after you told him it was yours?

I have the same question.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I bet that none of you who are talking a big game would have done anything but use words or something to say "hey, buddy, WTF?" initially.

Which is what I likely would have done.

Or, since I generally get range balls free everywhere… I'd have not given a shit.

Nah. But depends on his response. I would’ve stopped him, physically and grabbed my bucket back. Maybe that’s all that would be required. But if he retaliated…game on.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

That’s how I read it. Ridiculous. No. I don’t just stand there and kick the ground and say oh golly shucks. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I just got this in my Inbox for a course I go to while on vacations:

image.png.58653567aee6d49861a46eadd51faf7a.png

You are renting them, not buying them 🤣

Damn shame. Can’t imagine why people would steal range balls. 

12 hours ago, billchao said:

He dropped the bucket and walked away. The machine also ran out and spit out like 10 balls so I still got robbed in a way by the golf course. Didn’t bother to get reimbursed, bought buckets in volume thus the fob so not losing much. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Always amazed how often I find range balls on the golf course and not in places where they simply escaped the range. Happened more often at my old home course, but I found one yesterday at my new one.

It seems there are people that will get a bucket and put a dozen or so balls in their golf bags instead of buy their own. 

Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!