IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

down to 1.7 and I've only played about 60 rounds for the year...I usually play double this amount by Labor Day weekend.  I am more than satisfied by my play.  I am  about ready to shut things down as I am a  "non-golfer" now by my own definition.  Looking forward to playing 3 days over labor day weekend, but I won't be playing much after.   Watching my son compete doing his "thang".......this is my priority. 

Once he graduates, I'll get back at golf hard core...for now, I am going with the flow.   I will never be as hard-core as I once was because I bowl in 3 leagues a week now.   That certainly limits weekday evening golf for 35 weeks............LOL

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Down 1.3 from 9.7 to 8.4!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/
Visit my website! https://natalie.golf ** NEW **

Driver: :ping: G400, 10.5°
5-Wood: :ping: G400, 17.5°
Hybrids: :ping: G400, 4H (22°), 5H (26°)
Irons: :ping: G400, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, GW
Wedges: :ping: Glide 2.0, 54°, 58°
Putter: :edel: Custom 29"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As I expected, a increase but not what I thought.  Only went up .3.  I actually was expecting a higher increase so I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah me - :-)

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Up 0.1 to 15.1.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Down 2.6 to an 11.9.  Im surprised it dropped this much because although I did have a new personal best round of 76, I also had my worst round of the year at 100, although that 100 was on a much more difficult course for both course rating and slope. 

I've had a pretty wide range of scores this year from 76-100, with the average being 87 after 14 rounds this summer. Should be able to get maybe 5 more rounds or so in before the snow comes. Might not be able to break single digit this year, but definitely is the #1 goal for next year!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had 3 low scores drop out and I couldn't replace them with similar, so I moved to +0.7. Now just need it back to over par figures for Newport Cup ;-)

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Holding steady at a +1.3. The even par rounds I posted from this weekend had little effect on my index. My 64 drops off once I post my scores from this coming weekend and that should help get that handicap up! :beer:

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I tabulated the last 20 and I'm back up a full point to roughly 15.

I went through a rough patch when I was learning how to hit the driver w/ my coach. During this time I "lost" my iron swing and it took me a month to get it back. It's okay though, now I can hit both, so I consider that a big step forward. A temporary step back so I can build a future in the game.   

Down to a 4.9. Below 5 for the first time. Pretty cool!

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

A couple of really good scores dropped off, replaced by not-quite-as-good scores, so I'm up another 0.3 to 2.4

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Yes, the GHIN handicap system is worthy of study. I do believe it is a fair system for the purposes it is intended. One thing I note is, that once you get in twenty scores, the indices move very slowly. I was just updating my spreadsheet and although my past 5 rounds were in the 80's, the next older five are in the 90's. These latter five keep the index from moving much.  If I were to use only the past five, my index would be around 17.x. Even a single higher score, skews the data. For all intents and purposes, the only scores that really mean anything are the lowest of the most recent 10, but it takes twenty scores to be able to use the average of those best ten.   I guess it depends on how you look at it.  In any event, I am making fairly consistent progress.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator

Except for demonstrating basic math, I'm not sure what that post says.

Why is the GHIN handicap system "worthy of study"? It is what it is. Every other USGA licensed handicap system works the same way. That's how a USGA handicap is calculated: best 10 of the most recent 20. And of course if you take fewer scores, your handicap index will be lower.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

10/01 - down from 9.3 to 8.7

had a couple a really good rounds for me. But still a lot of work to do.

for instance, last 9holes I played I was -1 through 5 holes and then went double, double, double, bogey for a 41. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!