IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

Well, it could worse for you winter folks still waiting decent weather. 

Try this. 85 temps. Perfect sunny weather. Fairways, and greens are in great shape. Decent green fees. Everything about golfing is perfect. 

Then you go to your friendly doctor with an annoying,  low grade ache in your shoulder. A pinched nerve puts you on the shelf for a yet to be determined length of time. :cry:

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody's even bothering to do the sidewalks. You can't even figure out where they are. My snowblower intake is 27" tall, FWIW.

I was in Tucson last week where they get like 12" of rain per year.  I think it rained about every day for maybe a third of that total! Oh yeah, we got snow too on Friday, and the residents I spoke to

If the courses don't open soon, I might make the local news... Mesick Golfer Tased, Charged with Trespassing A Mesick man, described as "crazed" by local law enforcement officers, was charge

Posted Images

I have a tee time Sunday morning. Rain in the forecast today and Friday/Saturday, not to mention it rained all day yesterday on top of the 4" of snow from Monday. Course will be a swamp. Not to mention the high will be 44°F for the day, so probably just below 40°F at 7:00 AM.

I think I'm going to cancel :mellow:

9 hours ago, Patch said:

Try this. 85 temps. Perfect sunny weather. Fairways, and greens are in great shape. Decent green fees. Everything about golfing is perfect. 

Then you go to your friendly doctor with an annoying,  low grade ache in your shoulder. A pinched nerve puts you on the shelf for a yet to be determined length of time. :cry:

Hope all is well.  

9 hours ago, Patch said:

Oh man, what a drag.....hoping for a speedy recovery for you. I missed an entire season in '14 because of a partial rotator cuff injury. I was able to avoid surgery but it cost me the year and took lots of PT.

29 minutes ago, billchao said:

I have a tee time Sunday morning. Rain in the forecast today and Friday/Saturday, not to mention it rained all day yesterday on top of the 4" of snow from Monday. Course will be a swamp. Not to mention the high will be 44°F for the day, so probably just below 40°F at 7:00 AM.

I think I'm going to cancel :mellow:

The real kicker would be the wind. You could pull it off in those conditions but if there's a stiff breeze, it would be brutal.

9 hours ago, Patch said:

Then you go to your friendly doctor with an annoying,  low grade ache in your shoulder. A pinched nerve puts you on the shelf for a yet to be determined length of time.

I'm saying a prayer for you. Maybe PT will work for you if an impingement. I'm hoping to play golf for the 1st time since 9/28/17 on Saturday due to both rotator cuffs (plus hands plus knee all at one time). PT (plus injections etc) and healing time worked. I say all this to give you hope that maybe it can work for you. Best wishes, -Marv

Courses open around me this weekend. The weather is supposed to be 45 and rainy. I'll play in 45 and sunny but rainy, no way. I don't think my body is raedy to play yet anyway. It's been a rough 6 months.

Snow flurries today and a predicted "high" temperature for Friday of 32 degrees.  Miserable Spring here in the Frozen Mitten.  At least the lawn mower isn't needed yet.

Here in SW PA it's still winter!  First day of league golf cancelled today.  Some snow predicted for this weekend.  Sigh...

This is brutal. Doesn't look like spring will be here for another 2-3 weeks. Then we'll go straight into hot & humid.

We're in that "makes you want to scream" stage of the year.

Today - 58*

Friday 60*

Saturday (opening day at our club) - 38*/snow

Whoever pissed off Mother Nature better step up and apologize right quick!!

IMG_4610.PNG

32 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Mother Nature is like playing with a cat, keep dangling the string toy, cat gets closer, pulls it away, repeat.

She's a mean one!

It will be cold in NE until she decides it's summer, then BAM! 90F.

4 hours ago, NEhomer said:

The real kicker would be the wind. You could pull it off in those conditions but if there's a stiff breeze, it would be brutal.

Nah, just the turf conditions are enough to keep me home. I don't need to play enough to make it worth slogging through a swamp worth it. I actually don't mind playing in a little rain, but not muddy conditions.

Plus now they're calling for snow Friday into Saturday.

• Administrator

Tournament this weekend canceled, in case I wasn't clear earlier.

I'm glad. It will let me play both of my two teams in the two events we have this spring before NCAA Nationals.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Tournament this weekend canceled, in case I wasn't clear earlier.

I'm glad. It will let me play both of my two teams in the two events we have this spring before NCAA Nationals.

Is there a link to a schedule for your team?